Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Weleid
    • By MSE Weleid 1st Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 8Thanks
    MSE Weleid
    MSE News: Sky Q and Now TV customers will soon...
    • 1st Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    MSE News: Sky Q and Now TV customers will soon... 1st Mar 18 at 4:20 PM
    Sky has announced its Sky Q and Now TV customers will be able to include Netflix as part of their subscription in the next 12 months...
    Read the full story:
    'Sky Q and Now TV customers will soon be able to watch Netflix'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.
Page 2
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 3rd Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 20,466 Posts
    • 11,345 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    There'll be a confidentiality clause for testers so they wouldn't be able to say anything.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    I know. That's why I asked.

I also know it won't be anything too exciting. Sky want all the "buzz" to be about Q.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 3rd Mar 18, 1:17 PM
    • 3,847 Posts
    • 5,289 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Lol, did you forget what this thread is about?
    No. The article says Netflix will be available as part of a Now TV subscription.

I've not seen an answer to my question. Will you have to have an active Now TV subscription and go through Now TV to get to Netflix, or will it be available as a stand alone app, in the same way as BBC iPlayer, which you can use even if you don't have a current Now TV subscription.

Have I missed something?

Can you answer my question? Or can you only snigger?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 3rd Mar 18, 1:20 PM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    No. The article says Netflix will be available as part of a Now TV subscription.

I've not seen an answer to my question. Will you have to have an active Now TV subscription and go through Now TV to get to Netflix, or will it be available as a stand alone app, in the same way as BBC iPlayer, which you can use even if you don't have a current Now TV subscription.

Have I missed something?

Can you answer my question? Or can you only snigger?
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    Snigger? I think you've got me confused with another poster bud. You have a nice day now.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 3rd Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    • 3,847 Posts
    • 5,289 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Snigger? I think you've got me confused with another poster bud. You have a nice day now.
    Not clear why you laughed at what I think was a reasonable question.

Perhaps you can fill me in on the joke?

If anyone on here knows the answer, I would be grateful for it!
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 3rd Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    • 20,466 Posts
    • 11,345 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Will you have to have an active Now TV subscription and go through Now TV to get to Netflix
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    Yes. In a similar way, you'll need an active Sky Q subscription if you subscribe to Netflix through Sky.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Mar 18, 1:00 AM
    • 9,044 Posts
    • 5,393 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Unless the Netflix is cheaper than getting it direct,it will be a pointless exercise as some smart tvs have a Netflix, Amazon and other apps and current customers will have their own access already.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 6th Mar 18, 7:28 AM
    • 3,847 Posts
    • 5,289 Thanks
    Nick_C
    To follow up on my earlier post, it looks as if the Netflix app will become available on Now TV boxes, making them excellent value for money. A now TV box is half the price of a Roku streaming stick, and includes a Now TV pass.

To quote from Sky's press release:

"In the UK and Ireland, Sky will launch Netflix as a standalone app on NOW TV's family of streaming devices including on the recently launched NOW TV Smart Stick."

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/media-centre/articles/en-gb/sky-and-netflix-agree-new-european-partnership
    Last edited by Nick_C; 06-03-2018 at 7:32 AM.
    • Simbad
    • By Simbad 9th Mar 18, 2:06 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Simbad
    As a Sky+ customer for years I've recently been wondering if Sky is worth it anymore.

I just have the Variety package, so no Sports, Cinema etc and it costs me 32 a month. Out of the things I watch I beginning to think I could watch most on Netflix and I'd just need Sky Atlantic for certain other shows. So Now TV plus Netflix maybe?

As a single person SkyQ is of no interest to me whatsoever, I don't need multiroom and being able to record on 2 channels at a time is more than fine.

I do like the set up of Sky though, with the recordings etc. Maybe I'm just with them still out of familiarity?!
    • Denpau
    • By Denpau 14th Mar 18, 11:02 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Denpau
    Netflix on Sky
    Wonder how this will affect the availability of Netflix when abroad as not possible to watch Sky unless on a UK wifi connection. Will ability to watch live abroad now be stopped?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,216Posts Today

6,204Users online

Martin's Twitter