Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 1st Mar 18, 3:28 PM
    • 72Posts
    • 7Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Our Power
    • 1st Mar 18, 3:28 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Our Power 1st Mar 18 at 3:28 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Our Power

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 1st Mar 18, 4:27 PM
    • 2,232 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 1st Mar 18, 4:27 PM
    • 1st Mar 18, 4:27 PM
    Good timing, we're moving house in the next 2-4 weeks and the property is already on dual fuel Our Power.
    • moneysparrow
    • By moneysparrow 1st Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    moneysparrow
    • 1st Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    • 1st Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    I'm with Our Power on their +IMPACT tariff. No complaints so far. Managed to save around £70. Switching was quick and simple too.
    • Adrian Mowat
    • By Adrian Mowat 5th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Adrian Mowat
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    Just joined and their prices are going UP from 4th April

New prices are as follows.

Electricity

Unit rate (pence per kWh) (incl VAT)
    13.39 p/kWh
    Standing charge (pence per day)
    23.19 p/day

Gas

Unit rate (pence per kWh) (incl VAT)
    2.82 p/kWh
    Standing charge (pence per day)
    23.19 p/day
    Last edited by Adrian Mowat; 05-03-2018 at 1:07 PM. Reason: Adding extra info
    • Dunkelmann
    • By Dunkelmann 7th Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dunkelmann
    • 7th Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    I've just joined Our-Power and received the rate increase letter. Come April I will be switching before the rate increases - an eye-watering 11% for electricity and 27% for gas. It is offset by about an £16 annual reduction in standing charge.

It is a shame because I really wanted to support them.
    • ToLeadABetterLife
    • By ToLeadABetterLife 8th Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ToLeadABetterLife
    • 8th Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    Used Energylinx Limited on behalf of quote.our-power.co.uk to raise the switch request on 4/12/18 and the switch was complete on time on 22/12/18.

Had a couple of emails welcoming my switch and that the DD was inplace. No actual letter to say I was now their customer but thankfully EDF told me that day I had left them.

I opted for their Our Fairer Energy Fixed to October 2018 tariff as all suppliers seem to up their rates when things get very cold outside, so hopefully their rates in October will be a good time for general comparisons then.

EDF supplied their final numbers to Our Power which was cheeky as they added an extra £5 electric to the figures I gave them at switch day!

I note there is no website login abilities for monthly DD Our Power customers but that is coming. You can add meter readings online (needs you to enter a few account details though) or via the phone.

I called Our Power to checkout the above and from 13th in the queue it took them 30 minutes to pick up. Chap was very helpful and polite.

So far 5/5 for service (I'll be delighted when I get an online app for meter readings and the like)
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 8th Mar 18, 12:41 PM
    • 5,931 Posts
    • 3,651 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 8th Mar 18, 12:41 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 12:41 PM

EDF supplied their final numbers to Our Power which was cheeky as they added an extra £5 electric to the figures I gave them at switch day!

Originally posted by ToLeadABetterLife
    All losing suppliers will ignore any readings that consumers provide on switch. The gaining suppliers ask you for a meter reading that is verified by the data collectors. Once verified this meter reading/s is/are used to open and close your accounts. The important thing to check is that the two suppliers have used the same reading/s on your opening and closing accounts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

617Posts Today

5,820Users online

Martin's Twitter