Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Neilcart
    • By Neilcart 1st Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Neilcart
    Help finding a policy
    • 1st Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    Help finding a policy 1st Mar 18 at 11:26 AM
    My dad just recently passed and we've been going through his papers with my mother. We found an old 1p insurance paper, which surprisingly we managed to claim in 15minutes. We also found another for 20p which was just as easy. However my mother stated years ago insurance was taken out with Pearl. This is backed up by a payment every month of around £6.
    On contacting the company Pearl say they can't find anything under my father's or mother's name. They told us to cancel payment so the relevant department will get in touch to find out why. Thing is my parents haven't updated any details so it could be one of three addresses. Has anyone got any information of how I can go forward? I refuse to cancel anything untill I know where anything will be sent.
    Thanks, Neil
Page 1
    • vji
    • By vji 2nd Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    vji
    • 2nd Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    • 2nd Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    can your bank help?
    Thanks Vinny
    • danceinthedark
    • By danceinthedark 4th Mar 18, 7:22 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    danceinthedark
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:22 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:22 PM
    You have been speaking to Phoenix Life, yes?

Telling you to just cancel the SO/DD is pretty poor advice. It should be within their capabilities to trace money coming from a particular bank account and work out which of their bank accounts it is going into. It may not be a quick enquiry for them but they should be able to do more than shrug and say I don!!!8217;t know. I!!!8217;ve worked for two insurers who have acquired other companies over the years and whilst policies can get !!!8220;lost!!!8221; in a merger, they should have processes in place to deal with it.

Can the bank tell you if there is a reference on the payment, or can they tell you the sort code/arc number it!!!8217;s paying in to?

Good luck
    • danceinthedark
    • By danceinthedark 4th Mar 18, 7:24 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    danceinthedark
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:24 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:24 PM
    Also, sorry for your loss.
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 5th Mar 18, 8:39 PM
    • 582 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:39 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:39 PM
    I dont understand the OP's post. What does found a 1p insurance and claimed in 15 minutes mean?? anyone?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,269Posts Today

8,416Users online

Martin's Twitter