Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • janrjb
    • By janrjb 1st Mar 18, 9:38 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    janrjb
    Laser cartridge refill
    • 1st Mar 18, 9:38 AM
    Laser cartridge refill 1st Mar 18 at 9:38 AM
    Does anyone know if any company offers a Laser Cartridge refill service? I really don't want my cartridges to end up in landfill.
Page 1
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 1st Mar 18, 10:03 AM
    • 8,534 Posts
    • 6,442 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 1st Mar 18, 10:03 AM
    • 1st Mar 18, 10:03 AM
    When I worked (circa 1900 ) HP used to do it,
    edit
    OH and some charities used to do it too.
    • malcolmworth
    • By malcolmworth 1st Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    malcolmworth
    • 1st Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    • 1st Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    It depends on your cartridge. If you look on Ebay with your cartridge number you will probably find lots of refills. They come in bottles and you need to drill a hole in the side of the cartridge and after refilling place the rubber/plastic bung supplied in the hole.
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 1st Mar 18, 1:28 PM
    • 2,855 Posts
    • 2,064 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 1st Mar 18, 1:28 PM
    • 1st Mar 18, 1:28 PM
    Cartridgeworld will recycle your old toner cartridges. Also my local authority has a special bin for them in the household waste site.
    • janrjb
    • By janrjb 1st Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    janrjb
    • 1st Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 1st Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    Thanks all for your replies, I'll look into the suggestions.
    • that
    • By that 1st Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    that
    • 1st Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 1st Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    Some cartridges may not be totally empty, just have a chip in them to says that they are empty due to characters/ pages... some printing value.

Some toner cartridges can be refilled with toner, and methods for the cartridge are often found on Youtube.

You are lucky to get 4 refills from the drum in there as it perishes. Also due to wear may leak and start to streak, or blotch.
    • letsbehonest
    • By letsbehonest 6th Mar 18, 4:32 PM
    • 938 Posts
    • 214 Thanks
    letsbehonest
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:32 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:32 PM
    There is a UK company who supply the kit to DIY also a video. Also look on youtube.
    "Imagination is more Important than knowledge"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

424Posts Today

5,747Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin