Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Millymoo80
    • By Millymoo80 28th Feb 18, 8:58 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Millymoo80
    Pip face to face assessment report
    • 28th Feb 18, 8:58 PM
    Pip face to face assessment report 28th Feb 18 at 8:58 PM
    Hi
    I recently had a face to face assessment for personal independent payments
    I was advised to request the assessment report and my husband read over it and was surprised how she really stuck up for my disabilities at the appointment as we had heard terrible horror stories about how bad there lies are ect
    She was a nice lady face to face but we left thinking it was all fake
    So after reading the report and then we was shown how to work out what each box she ticked and what points it had scored
    For daily living she scored me 17 points
    And for mobility 8 points
    I'm moving over to pip from been on indefinite low rate care dla
    I contacted dwp today to see if a.decision had been made and they informed me the decision maker was in the final stages of the claim and will have a decision on Friday hopefully
    But i don't know what to expect does the descion maker go on the points the asser made
    Im so clueless
    Any advice or info will be so appreciated
    Thank you
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 28th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    • 2,550 Posts
    • 2,541 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 28th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    Hi
    I recently had a face to face assessment for personal independent payments
    I was advised to request the assessment report and my husband read over it and was surprised how she really stuck up for my disabilities at the appointment as we had heard terrible horror stories about how bad there lies are ect
    She was a nice lady face to face but we left thinking it was all fake
    So after reading the report and then we was shown how to work out what each box she ticked and what points it had scored
    For daily living she scored me 17 points
    And for mobility 8 points
    I'm moving over to pip from been on indefinite low rate care dla
    I contacted dwp today to see if a.decision had been made and they informed me the decision maker was in the final stages of the claim and will have a decision on Friday hopefully
    But i don't know what to expect does the descion maker go on the points the asser made
    Im so clueless
    Any advice or info will be so appreciated
    Thank you
    Originally posted by Millymoo80
    Mostly they do yes, it's rare for them to go against it. Not sure how they can tell you when exactly a decision will be made though. Usually it's made when it's made. Hopefully not too long. Good luck.
    • venison
    • By venison 28th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    • 2,038 Posts
    • 2,187 Thanks
    venison
    Its usual for a DM to go with the assessment, its nice to hear a positive story as most people only take to the internet with negatives, let us know when you get the decision?

cross posted with Poppy ...again lol
    Ex Board Guide
    • Millymoo80
    • By Millymoo80 5th Mar 18, 9:34 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Millymoo80
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:34 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:34 AM
    Thank you so much for replying
    I rang them on Friday and there had been a decision made but wasn't showing up
    And was told to ring back today
    Which i did and a big relief to be told I'd been awarded enhanced daily living and standard mobility but was told because I'd updated my change in illness on my dla claim that the pip amount wouldn't be back dated i was only receiving low rate care on dla and they don't backdate when migrating from dla to pip

So all in all after reading so many horror stories about pip i can safely say I'm glad its over
    Luckily i had a really nice assessor and she was very understanding and even took my vitamin deficiencys into consideration of how they affect me each day i didn't really mention how they affected me she actually took the small things into consideration aswell as my mental and physical disabilities

The lady on the phone also informed me i might be entitled to other benefits or grants now i have an award
    I already claim esa in the support group and child tax credits
    I just don't know what other things we would be entitled to

Thank you again for replying to my post
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 5th Mar 18, 9:49 AM
    • 2,550 Posts
    • 2,541 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:49 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:49 AM
    Thank you so much for replying
    I rang them on Friday and there had been a decision made but wasn't showing up
    And was told to ring back today
    Which i did and a big relief to be told I'd been awarded enhanced daily living and standard mobility but was told because I'd updated my change in illness on my dla claim that the pip amount wouldn't be back dated i was only receiving low rate care on dla and they don't backdate when migrating from dla to pip

So all in all after reading so many horror stories about pip i can safely say I'm glad its over
    Luckily i had a really nice assessor and she was very understanding and even took my vitamin deficiencys into consideration of how they affect me each day i didn't really mention how they affected me she actually took the small things into consideration aswell as my mental and physical disabilities

The lady on the phone also informed me i might be entitled to other benefits or grants now i have an award
    I already claim esa in the support group and child tax credits
    I just don't know what other things we would be entitled to

Thank you again for replying to my post
    Originally posted by Millymoo80
    Great news. Yes, there's no backdated money when transfering from DLA. Your DLA will be paid for a further 4 weeks. Then you'll have your first PIP payment 4 weeks after that.

Other benefits depends on your circumstances. You say you're claim ESA. Do you live alone, or classed as living alone? If so then you could be entitled to Severe disability premium (SDP). Prviding no one is planning on claiming Carers Allowance for you.

If you're on Income Related ESA then you should already be claiming the Enhanced disability premium.

If you scored at least 8 points in the moving around part of PIP this will automatically qualify you to a Blue Badge.

Standard mobility will qualify you to a 50% reduction in road tax, if you use this then the car must only be used for your purposes.

See link here for SDP.
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Severe-Disability-Premium/What-is-a-Severe-Disability-Premium

https://www.disabledmotoring.org/motoring/road-tax-50-reduction
    • Libbyd
    • By Libbyd 5th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Libbyd
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    Great news for you.

I applied for PIP last July and it's still being assessed, it's just a long process isn't it and very stressful. So glad it's over for you now.
    • Danday
    • By Danday 5th Mar 18, 8:02 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Danday
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:02 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:02 PM

Standard mobility will qualify you to a 50% reduction in road tax, if you use this then the car must only be used for your purposes.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    I have just had a read of the criteria you linked to. The system in applying for the 50% discount is rather dated. I thought that most of what the DVLA do is all digital based.
    Add to that the heavy restriction of what the car can be used for is making it almost impossible if they only have one car and both drive. It would seem that a Grandma wanting to take the grand kids out for the day is classified as being illegal where Grandad is the disabled person and doesn't go with them. No point in claiming this 50% if they had just one car as two would be needed to cover all of the other private usage.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 5th Mar 18, 8:23 PM
    • 2,550 Posts
    • 2,541 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:23 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:23 PM
    I have just had a read of the criteria you linked to. The system in applying for the 50% discount is rather dated. I thought that most of what the DVLA do is all digital based.
    Add to that the heavy restriction of what the car can be used for is making it almost impossible if they only have one car and both drive. It would seem that a Grandma wanting to take the grand kids out for the day is classified as being illegal where Grandad is the disabled person and doesn't go with them. No point in claiming this 50% if they had just one car as two would be needed to cover all of the other private usage.
    Originally posted by Danday
    I'm not sure what you think i can do about the criteria lol. I didn't make the rules..... you can not apply for the 50% discount any other way than what it states in the link i provided. Maybe you can ring DVLA and ask them why their system for this is rather outdated....
    • Danday
    • By Danday 6th Mar 18, 6:08 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Danday
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:08 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:08 PM
    I'm not suggesting that you can Poppy. My impression based on that link is that it is rather antiquated and is not unlike what the procedure was 25 years ago for all car tax applications. Mind you even then you could still apply at a Post Office as well which you can't with this 50% system. I'm just surprised that the DLA don't have a digital system in place.
    My other point is also valid, What happens if a family have one car which under the rules is very restrictive in it's use.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,638Posts Today

8,195Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin