Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 28th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    • 596Posts
    • 361Thanks
    diamond dave
    Plusnet
    • 28th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    Plusnet 28th Feb 18 at 4:15 PM
    Renewed my broadband/phone contract with PN back in november and part of the deal was a 50 c/b -which TalkTalk were offering at the time. Forgot all about it until the new year and spoke to several people at PN about it.
    Upshot of it - call from cs yesterday to say that they had found the phone conversation and were adding 50 to my account.Well done Plusnet. Thank you.
Page 1
    • societys child
    • By societys child 3rd Mar 18, 8:42 PM
    • 5,223 Posts
    • 5,772 Thanks
    societys child
    • 3rd Mar 18, 8:42 PM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 8:42 PM
    Cool story . .

• forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 3rd Mar 18, 9:14 PM
    • 27,221 Posts
    • 10,967 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 3rd Mar 18, 9:14 PM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 9:14 PM
    Plusnet gave you cashback that TalkTalk were offering?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 4th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    • 8,895 Posts
    • 4,448 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    • 4th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    Getting a price match with other providers at renewal is a pretty common practice so yes in effect he did get cashback from Plusnet which TalkTalk were offering....
    • marlot
    • By marlot 4th Mar 18, 2:32 PM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 2,613 Thanks
    marlot
    • 4th Mar 18, 2:32 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 2:32 PM
    I moved to Plusnet in December with the promise of a 100 amazon voucher which appeared on the splashpage but nowhere else.
    I took a screenshort just in case, and was expecting to have to fight for it, but no problem.
    The service has been good so far too - not quite as fast as BT, but not far off (and yes, I'm aware the BT own PN).
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 4th Mar 18, 7:09 PM
    • 8,895 Posts
    • 4,448 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:09 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:09 PM
    I've been with PN for quite a few years now. I liked their option of a fixed IP which made access to home CCTV easy and I prefer it to the p2p solutions relying on Chinese servers. As it happens I now run a webserver from home which despite the 20Mbps upstream still outperforms shared hosting by a wide margin.

I believe their call wait times can be high bit I've never called other than for getting a good deal at renewal time and that has always been fast and the deals good.

I did have one line fault which fortunately registered as such on the BT linetester so I didn't have to go through a load of nonsense to get it fixed - they sent out Openreach who got it sorted on the first visit.
    • parkrunner
    • By parkrunner 5th Mar 18, 2:33 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 1,814 Thanks
    parkrunner
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:33 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:33 PM
    Renewed my broadband/phone contract with PN back in november and part of the deal was a 50 c/b -which TalkTalk were offering at the time. Forgot all about it until the new year and spoke to several people at PN about it.
    Upshot of it - call from cs yesterday to say that they had found the phone conversation and were adding 50 to my account.Well done Plusnet. Thank you.
    Originally posted by diamond dave
    No, well done would have been getting the 50 without having to talk to several people at PN.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,359Users online

Martin's Twitter