Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 27th Feb 18, 4:06 PM
    • 4,143Posts
    • 21,507Thanks
    foxgloves
    Put away your purse & become debt-averse
    • 27th Feb 18, 4:06 PM
    Put away your purse & become debt-averse 27th Feb 18 at 4:06 PM
    I've decided to start a diary to show that it's possible to change from a terrible money waster into a a bit of a budgeting ninja. OK, I'm not perfect....we all have slip-ups now & again....but I am proud that by my budget efforts & our surprising willingness to change from big silly spenders (we really were a pair of narnas!) to really quite sensible people, we managed to become debt-free. We paid off around 35k & really, just learned how to live differently And you know what? We really enjoy it! Turned out that all that spending & having to have stuff immediately didn't really make us happy. Who'd have thought it?
    Pre-LBM, my principles for money management were:
    1) Buy pretty much whatever I wanted when I wanted. Overdraft was seen as another word for 'more of my money'.
    2) Open bank statements, look at the balance through semi-closed eyes, carefully fold & replace in envelope & put in drawer.
    3) Tell myself bank balance is fine because it's only 3 weeks till pay-day.
    4) Always withdraw useful wodge of cash the week before pay-day just in case that pesky bank was planning to show me up in the supermarket by stopping my debit card.
    5) Never budget - why waste time on this when my own system worked so well?
    6) Tell myself not to worry about savings. They would be nice, but I 'didn't earn enough'
    That was about it, really. I didn't budget at all & made no effort to spend within my means. I lived outside my means from the age of 19 & didn't become debt-free till my 40s!
    The LBM was huge. I had it first & my partner showed initial signs of resistance, but when he saw my debts disappearing, he soon wanted in on the act & is now like a different person with money.
    Two years ago, we borrowed a modest sum to help us buy a car, We always knew this would happen & we made sure we saved up a good deposit. It was always our intention to re-pay the loan early & we did manage a nice overpayment of 2000 last year. However, our 2nd overpayment was almost ready to pay in when we had a string of expenses which we didn't want to put on credit cards, so we used our loan overpayment money to pay those. Last year was difficult in many ways & although we didn't return to our previous naughty spendiness, I think I started to lose some of my focus. Before Christmas, our Loan Pay Down Fund (LPDF) was down to just 60. Now it is already up to 421, really just from little savings, selling a few bits & bobs here & there. One thing I'm going to be really BIG on this year is 'Shopping from home', as in doing that first, to see if a spend can be avoided. I've got off to a really good start with that, starting with my new year de-cluttering & have found all sorts of useful stuff that will save me money further down the line. I also intend to do a full kitchen cupboard audit. Although I'm a DFW 'Small things' regular, I've never done a DFW diary before, so I'm going to use it to focus my efforts & get that LPDF up to 1000, then the next 1000, etc, asap. If you are the sort of person who gets excited about the contents of other people's cupboards & the satisfaction of saving a few quid here & there, then do join me for sharing ideas, laughs & moans, & I promise to throw in a few tales from my Spendy Decades - I have kept a journal for a lot of my adult life & I absolutely wince now, reading some of those diary entries about my cavalier attitude to money. I suppose they show that if I can change, anyone can! Oh well, onwards! I loved being debt-free & just a small amount of effort will mean that I can soon be again.
    F x
    Last edited by foxgloves; 27-02-2018 at 4:13 PM.
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = 470-01
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = 320 2016 = 210 2017 = 304 2018 = 264
Page 12
    • *vamps
    • By *vamps 20th May 18, 7:06 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    *vamps
    Hello. Very long time lurker here. Ive read your thread all the way through and really admire your money saving lifestyle. Had to poke my head out in to the sunshine to ask.. please how do you pickle courgettes and what's your recipe for garlic flat breads please.
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 20th May 18, 9:14 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Redrose - that's all sounding like a great start!
    Vamps - I'll try & remember to post those recipes up for you tomorrow.....actually, I wrote some notes re the pickled courgettes, but I seem to remember I did a mash-up of 2 recipes & kind of made it my own.

Evening everyone else,
    Just a quick post to say my job list is firmly in the bullet diary for tomorrow. I have to wait in for a parcel delivery, but have plenty of tasks to be getting on with indoors, many of them of a rather frugal money saving nature. I'm feeling quite positive about getting the week off to a good start & it will culminate in my Big Budget Day on Friday, as pay-day is a little earlier this month due to the bank holiday. My personal spends for May are down to about 5 so it's a good job I don't need to go anywhere or buy anything more expensive than two 2nd class stamps!
    So it's a cheap week planned chez Foxgloves..Looking forward to getting an early start & seeing all those jobs crossed off the list as I go on.
    Hope you all get off to a great start too. Keep your hands on your pence & think twice before buying any cr*p.......not a verbally elegant mantra, I know, but so important for debt-busting.
    Night all,
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 22nd May 18, 7:51 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Ok, Vamps - I'll have to hang fire with the pickled courgettes as I can't find my recipe, which is a mash-up. But basically, they are courgettes sliced thinly & pickled with sliced onions & garlic. They are in a sweet vinegar with spices in, not a sharp vinegar like pickled onions.

But here is how I make garlic flatbreads:
    400g self-raising flour
    2 level tsp baking powder
    2 crushed garlic cloves
    250g low fat plain yoghurt
    1 tsp salt
    About 100ml water
    Teensy bit of oil for greasing pan
    Sieve the flour, baking powder & salt. Add the garlic & yoghurt. Mix together, gradually adding enough of the water to be able to bring it into a softish ball of dough. Divide it into 8 pieces. Roll each one out into a sort of oval shape, think of a pitta for size. Heat a griddle pan (ordinary non-stick frying pan works fine too) & wipe a tiny bit of oil around it. Cook each flatbread for around 2 mins per side. You know when they're ready to turn as they puff up a bit & are easy to lift. Keep warm in a tea towel until all cooked & ready to serve. They freeze well. I always think these must just cost pence per flatbread.
    If you have spare milk & a half lemon, esp if you want to use up 'on the turn' milk, you can add lemon juice & leave it for half an hour, then use instead of yoghurt, but try them with yoghurt first as that's the proper recipe.
    Hope you enjoy them.
    F
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 22nd May 18, 8:22 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Evening Debtbusters,
    Well, a few things of usefulness today. Firstly, the only spend has been 3 stamps. One to post a card, one for a letter & a spare one. Not a penny more has left my purse today.
    We emptied out our Paypal account last night & there was more in it than I thought - from all sorts of bits & pieces.....ebay sales, Ziffit payments, selling a couple of crafted items, so I transferred 79 to our Loan Pay Down Fund, followed by an extra 4.53 so as to break the 800 mark. LPDF now 800-01. Funny how that extra 1p somehow just made me feel more positive!
    A little shopping from home too, today, as I was just fancying a biscuit.....& that's the problem, I can never just eat one of the damn things, & was toying with the idea of texting mr f to pick some treats up on his way home, but I didn't want to set that particular naughty little habit in motion again. It was something we did a lot of back in the Spendy Decades. You know the drill......fancy a biscuit, call in to the shop, can't decide.......so 2 packets, now I need something savoury (posh crisps) or shall I get nuts as healthier (get both just in case). That's it. Oh hang on, it's not, because Green & Blacks is on offer - that's a dark one so full of anti-oxidants & that one's got fruit in so that's practically one of my 5-a-day.... & I haven't had a magazine for ages (buys three)....and on my worst excursions, I would also buy something for that night's meal EVEN THOUGH I had already got something out of the freezer at home! I would often have called in after work when I'd be hungry & would see something I fancied more. What a wasteful madam I was, back in the day!! I guess that once the resolve cracked on a couple of items, the other 10 were then that much easier.
    ANYWAY!! That's how I USED to be! So no tricksy little biscuit run today. Shopped from home instead. Went down the garden to pick some rhubarb & baked a batch of rhubarb & ginger muffins. Enjoyed one warm from the oven with a cafetiere. All ingredients already in stock & plenty of muffins frozen for another time.
    So I have still only bought 3 stamps today!
    Hope you've all got off to a decent start this week.
    F x
    • moving_forward
    • By moving_forward 23rd May 18, 7:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    moving_forward
    Hello it's me *vamps using my proper user name. It had been so long since I used the old vamps one I made a new account but then logged in the other day on the old old one

Ooh thanks for the flat bread recipe. Will certainly be trying that over the weekend.

I shall be googling sweet.pickling vinegar ideas and attempting my own mash up
    • moving_forward
    • By moving_forward 23rd May 18, 7:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    moving_forward
    Rubbarb and ginger muffins **where's the drool emoji**
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 23rd May 18, 9:01 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Lol - MovingForward.....just bake any standard muffin recipe & replace usual flavourings with about 125g chopped rhubarb & 2tsp ground ginger. Cheap as chips if you grow rhubarb & freeze well.

Re pickled courgettes, they are very similar to the old-fashioned 'bread & butter pickles' which our grannies would have known about. I guess they were a cheap thing to eat with bread & butter. Very nice on burgers & in pastrami sandwiches!
    F
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 24th May 18, 7:02 AM
    • 5,099 Posts
    • 40,314 Thanks
    DawnW
    I make bread and butter pickles most years, due to usually having too many cucumbers - it is just sliced cucumber and onion in a sweet vinegar pickle, and everyone who tries it likes it. It is considered a bit old fashioned, and you don't see recipes for it nearly as often as you do for other preserves. I definitely think it deserves to be more popular, especially as it is so easy to make, and keeps for ages.

Excess courgettes tend to get incorporated into ratatouille round here, as this freezes well and is such a cheering sort of thing to bring out in the winter
    July NSDs - 3 / 13
    Groceries, toiletries, cleaning supplies and pet supplies - 132.12 / 250.00
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 25th May 18, 5:13 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Yes, DawnW, they sound very like my pickled courgettes. I got the idea of making some when I was at a chilli festival with mr f & he had a fancypants burger from a local smokery place, who had a catering van there. There was some pickle in the burger which he was raving about & I investigated it & it appeared to my keen chutney-maker's eye to be vegetables- mostly courgettes & ribbons of carrot - in spiced sweet vinegar. next time we had a courgette glut, I had a go & it's really nice. Lovely on burgers, to top a salad & with BBQ-type foods.
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 25th May 18, 5:30 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi Debt-busters,
    Well, a day at my desk today as pay-day means it's my Big Budget Day. I've still got to finish the last bit of it, as our car has been in for its service today & it felt pointless finalising figures for what we were hoping to put into savings pots/Loan Pay Down Fund, etc, if mr f then phoned & said there was a massive garage bill to pay. Thankfully, I've just heard that the service was defo covered by our monthly service plan (unlike last time!) so the only payment is 52 for a replacement emergency puncture spray jobber. Apparently these are available on ebay for around 20 but we didn't have the confidence to buy one.....knowing our luck, it'd turn out to be full of shaving foam or something! I don't feel I know enough about them to argue with the price!

Anyway, one very useful thing today was that I had a good look at our Holiday Savings Piggy. We don't go abroad. We are a bit hippyfied really, & like cottage holidays somewhere fairly remote (old historic cottages preferred!) & camping. Back before the LBM, we used to have 2 cottage holidays per year & also often a couple of weekend city breaks too. I'd love to say that we always saved for these but of course you've read enough of our behaviour during the Spendy Decades to know this wasn't true! Cottage holidays went on our credit cards. Of course they did!
    So what's changed? Well, we still like to book a week in an old cottage, but it is now one per year, & if we don't have sufficient budget for it (I.e because we have another big expense competing for the cash) then we don't go that year. One of our 6 'Savings Piggies' is our holiday fund & I budget 50 per month to be added to it. This pays for 1 week somewhere lovely in the UK in a cottage, plus a few nights away camping in our tent. We decided to take up camping so we could still go away, even if we were unable to afford any other kind of holiday & we absolutely love it! Of course we had to buy some initial kit, but it was amazing just how much stuff we were able to source from what we already had at home (You see, 'shopping from home' again!)
    So anyway, back to my Holiday Piggy investigations......we have sufficient to pay the balance for our cottage break already. I did a few projections to look at coverage for the rest of this year's holiday expenses & found that if I continue to pay in at the same amount, we will also have enough for 5 nights camping, a little spending money while we are there & 2 cattery stays for our whiskered friend. I suppose I'm saying that although we go away less, it feels much better being in control of it, rather than having a great time, but then coming back & having the expense of it still sitting on a credit card......& importantly, for whatever reason we can't afford to take a holiday, or can only go camping, then that's what we do.
    And now I know how much we've paid out for the car today, I'm off to finish the rest of June's budget.
    Wishing everyone a nice Friday night.
    F x
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 25th May 18, 9:28 PM
    • 5,238 Posts
    • 39,153 Thanks
    joedenise
    Have your thought about joining the Camping and Caravanning Club? You can then go away weekends (and weeks during the summer) for very little money. It's usually less than 10 a night and some of the meets are in lovely places. Might be worth having a look at their website. Annual cost of joining is 39 (digital) or 45 (print), which means you'll get magazines monthly with details of all the meets.
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 27th May 18, 9:13 AM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Joedenise- thanks. Yes, we haven't ruled that out. We did just pitch our tent for a single night on a Caravanning & Camping Club campsite once when we were testing our tent, & it was well-run & a very nice site. The reason we haven't joined is that our two favourite campsites are independent. But it's something to think about for the future, for sure.
    F
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 27th May 18, 5:08 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Greetings Debt-busters,
    Well, only 1 spend today & that's just for some ice-cream to have with a couple of 'use-it-up' items from the freezer.
    Apart from that, we've been making good use of our own resources. I've planted out lots more bedding plants, all grown from free packets of seed & most of the seed trays I used (already recycled as many were supermarket plastic meat trays) will still be useable next year.
    Have fed a few shrubs & fruit trees using free liquid plant food tapped off from our worm composter & done some pond maintenance. This was blimming tiring, so good free exercise, but also a joy, as I counted 10 frogs enjoying the pond & cutting back the overgrown margins revealed so many 'lost' plants I'd forgotten about, plus a mystery one in a tub, which I don't recognise & certainly didn't plant. It's covered in buds so I will soon be able to identify my free planty treasure.
    Mr f has been extending our garden. It's a bit of a saga but basically, there's a strip of 'no man's land' at the bottom of our garden. Our neighbours have claimed 'their' bit, so we have decided to do the same & this will extend our wildlife corner by 2m & also provide a better area for compost bins. So he's been clearing, sawing, bonfire tending, etc, & even that's thrown up some free resources........woodash for raking into the garden & lots of long, thin straight trunks which will make excellent bean poles instead of buying new canes.
    We're also going to shred some of the cleared branches as last time we did that, the shreddings made fab compost.
    In the Spendy Decades, all this physical hard work would have sent us straight for the takeaway leaflet stash, but no, we have nice food in to cook for tonight & we're not going to mess the budget up by paying soneone to cook & deliver our dinner because 'we deserve it' or any of the other lame spendy excuses which used to lure us straight into ordering a takeaway. That way lies ruin!
    F x
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 28th May 18, 3:45 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Today we have not bought a new tent.
    I'm announcing this as more evidence of profound change in attitudes to money in the foxgloves household because if I transpose today back 10 years, we would almost certainly have bought one.
    Our plans re our current tent have always been to use it to at least the end of this year & maybe next, but not to start looking until next year, so we've time to do plenty of research & so we don't replace something perfectly useable too soon.
    That was until I received a discount voucher for a well-known outdoor emporium. I found some of the old excuses appearing as to why we should 'just go & look'. These included:
    *We don't want to waste a voucher'.
    *We could.buy a new tent & put it away in the loft until our current tent conks out.
    *I could look at cycling helmets while I'm there (as opposed to the cycling helmets on sale in our village bike shop 15 miles nearer!)
    *We could donate our current tent to a refugee charity while it's in better condition.
    *It's a bank holiday (???)
    *It's near a Costa's, so we could get some loyalty points on mr f's Costa's card (Each justification getting more silly than the last....)
    Now, the lovely mr f has been every bit as much of a numpty with overspending as I have in the past. In fact, his credit card debt surpassed mine by a country mile back in the day, but he pointed out a range of useful things such as we don't need a new tent this year, this chain always does discounts, we have done no research into inflatable tents & it would be foolish to buy without this & most importantly, WE CAN'T AFFORD IT! And that was where I tuned back in to Reality FM..To buy a lovely new tent right now, without having saved up for one, would mean using our emergency fund or the Loan Pay Down Fund I'm working so hard on building. So thst was the end of any Tenty Temptation.
    We've had a lovely sunny relaxed day at home & not a single penny has been spent!
    But back pre-LBM? 'd be sitting here looking at an enormous box of tent, having bought it on nothing more than an impulse of that particular day & convincing myself for increasingly silly reasons that it was exactly the right thing....the ONLY thing to do.
    Bank Holiday Scores on the doors? Foxgloves 1, Naughty spendiness NIL.
    Result!
    F x
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 29th May 18, 6:13 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    So nice to be able to start picking a few little bits from the veggie garden - a bunch of coriander & watercress to add to tonight's salad, & it looks as though I'll be cutting our own lettuces from next week. Rhubarb currently providing a crop too.
    Been busy in the garden most of today, apart from an hour at my desk to update budgets & do a few surveys. Just waiting for confirmation of a payment, then will be up to over 19 again on Prolific. Onepoll slow atm but I need less than 7 till payout & have got that 40 well & truly earmarked for the Loan Pay Down Fund.
    Am visiting family at the weekend & don't have a gift to take, so I've potted up some spare home grown bedding plants to take & will make some rhubarb & ginger muffins too. That's some proper 'shopping from home' as I have all the ingredients in already & the plants were grown from free packets of seeds.
    Ok, must crack on & get tomorrow's packed lunch made.
    Have a nice evening, all.
    F x
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 30th May 18, 1:25 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Not feeling so great today, so am not doing any tiring veggie garden jobs.....the fact that it's pouring with rain means I'm less tempted to get out there & try to do too much.
    Have achieved a few indoors jobs & caught up with surveys. I don't know if anyone else does Prolific Academic, but I've earned almost 11 on there in less than an hour this morning. One survey paid 7.50. My earnings total on there is mounting up nicely again, so I think I'll keep at it & aim to earn around 40 again, then I'll cash out & pop it in the Loan Pay Down Fund. I managed to advance my Onepoll total by a vast 25p, but it all adds up, doesn't it?

My next task (after putting the kettle on to make a coffee to WARM ME UP - doesn't seem possible after the warm sunny days we've been having) is to have a dig around in my craft stash to find a needlework kit I bought years ago which I never finished. I need to look at it with a critical eye & see if it would maybe make a nice birthday present, as I have a family member with a big birthday this summer. Even if I decided it isn't right for a gift, I spent a lot of money on it & so it needs to be finished & put into use. It would be lovely if I could enjoy finishing it then gift it to someone special. Right, I'm off to see if I can find it. Will report back as to whether a) I find it & b) It looks like a 'go-er'.
    Cheers,
    F x
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 31st May 18, 3:11 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi all,
    Well, I found that needlework kit, which still had the price on. Hmmmm. nearly 30. Amd it has been sitting in a box underneath my craft stash for....well, I'd have said about 4 years, but I remember that actually, I bought it when my nephew was 3. He's now 15, so I think that shows what a colossal waste of money that kit has been so far! Bad Old Spendy Foxgloves!!
    But I have been New Resourceful Foxgloves for some years now & I fully intend to get this kit finished.......my investigations showed that I only stitched about 2 square cms of it before consigning it to a cardboard box. It makes up into a lovely bag. The lining, cord for binding the edges & making the handle & little glass beads for embellishing the stitched design are all there and I am planning to get it finished to give as a 50th gift later this summer. I think I have some metallic thread somewhere too, so I may embroider her birthdate & initials somewhere in the design. Then I can present the 2 other little gifts I intend to buy nicely wrapped inside the bag. It's for someone who really appreciates hand crafted things & is a keen crafter herself, so hopefully she will really like it.
    So that's a 'shop from home' which should be successful. While i was sorting through all the threads, instructions, etc, I remembered that I have a huge box of additional craft stuff up in the loft from when I used to make jewellery for craft fairs, years ago. I wonder if there are supplies in there which I could divide into bundles for selling on ebay. Worth a thought. I approached all my past hobbies with my usual spendiness, so it's a shame for potentially useful stuff to be sitting in the loft doing sweet B all.

A useful day for getting next week's meal plans done. Am basing them around a roast chicken on Sunday with additional meals to use up the rest of the meat, a freezer dive/jacket potato night, a meal from the freezer and the other 2 nights will be a home made pizza & a cheap Madhur Jaffrey curry recipe. Already done the shopping list, so we can do an online order tonight & will hopefully be closer to our weekly spend target than we were last week when we bought a few BH treats.
    OK, must crack on.
    Hope anyone reading this is still busy debt-busting.
    F x
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 3rd Jun 18, 9:28 AM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Morning Sunday Savers,
    Well, today's loan busting efforts are all going to be based around a busy day in the veggie garden. I need to find spaces for all my courgette & squash plants as well as clear a large bed ready for planting out our sweetcorn, as it is almost big enough. Also staking up tomato plants, peppers & aubergines. Still need to succession sow more salady stuff too & prepare the soil for planting out our climbing beans.
    The aim, of course, is to raise as much food as possible from the space we have. It all helps the budget.
    Very low on bread but have mixed up some dough for a wholemeal seedy loaf, so that will hopefully ensure a spend-free day. I think I'll soon be too covered in soil to contemplate popping out to the shops!
    Have a good day, all.
    F x
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 3rd Jun 18, 6:16 PM
    • 3,594 Posts
    • 30,826 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Hope you've had a good day Foxgloves - whenever I hear of your home grown food I wish I liked gardening a bit more than I do... (i.e. not at all)
    June Odessy NSD 6/10 DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid 28,447
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 3rd Jun 18, 6:31 PM
    • 1,532 Posts
    • 7,464 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Hope you've had a good day Foxgloves - whenever I hear of your home grown food I wish I liked gardening a bit more than I do... (i.e. not at all)
    Originally posted by crazy_cat_lady

Whenever I read Foxglove's Post about gardening I wish both that I was better at gardening than I am and I had more space to garden in. Oh well. One day.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = 400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s 34,750.
    Jan 18 14/100 Feb 15/100 March 18/100 April 19/100 May 20/100 June 21/100
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2024 Jan 2024
    MFW 2018 Challenge Member #162 1600ish/2,500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

255Posts Today

3,611Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin