Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sammyw84
    • By sammyw84 26th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 9Thanks
    sammyw84
    problem with vodafone
    • 26th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    problem with vodafone 26th Feb 18 at 3:20 PM
    Hi i hope this is in the right place, apologies if not.

its a long story but i basically need to know if we can cancel contract with vodafone? 7 months into a 2 years contract? (its my Nan's who is 77 tablet contract)

It kept freezing and wouldn't charge properly after speaking to them they advised to take it into the store to be sent off for repair.

-2 weeks later a call from repair center to say its out of warranty and it will incur a charge of 60, spoke to Vodafone customer service who said they will credit it back to my account. Spoke to a manager who will refund charge whilst it's being repaired.

-A week later a call (voicemail) to say it can't be repaired but they will call back.
    -Next thing a few days later I called them an was told it was fixed an at the shop to be collected, nan sent her grandson (who is authorised on the account) but they wouldn't give it to him without her I.d (we were not told he would need this)

-He went back the next day and was told it hadnt been repaired they have just sent it back So the shop manager said he will send it again to be done as a priority.

- another week later a call to say it's ready st the shop, I phone the shop to ensure its been fixed an was told no it has been exchanged... fair enough.

- grandson collects it brings it home, it has not been exchanged its my original one with my SIM card now missing from it an the memory card flap is broken ( it wasn't before)

- phoned up and advised to take it back to store and the guy I am speaking to will ring me at 12 till 2pm to find out when I will be in the shop so he can speak to them.. but he phoned at 2.45pm when I was home.

The guy in store advised retentions will be ringing me an will offer me an exchange or contract termination due to failing to repair it 3 times an being messed about.
    Spoke to retentions who want 300 to cancel.

we have literally had to make 20 phonecalls

sorry its long but thought it best you had all the details
Page 1
    • overpricedcoffee
    • By overpricedcoffee 26th Feb 18, 5:34 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    overpricedcoffee
    • 26th Feb 18, 5:34 PM
    • 26th Feb 18, 5:34 PM
    Post it here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5393903

They will get back to you and will help with your case
  • Vodafone
    • 28th Feb 18, 7:59 PM
    • 28th Feb 18, 7:59 PM
    Hi sammyw84,

I can appreciate that your experience has been frustrating.

So we can take a closer look at what's happened with your repairs, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code EFT195.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that we've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Last edited by Vodafone; 06-03-2018 at 1:35 PM.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • sammyw84
    • By sammyw84 6th Mar 18, 5:18 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    sammyw84
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:18 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:18 PM
    Hi sammyw84,

I can appreciate that your experience has been frustrating.

So we can take a closer look at what's happened with your repairs, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code EFT195.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that we've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Originally posted by Vodafone
    Lee i have emailed but never had a reply with a ref number
  • Vodafone
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:57 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:57 PM
    Hi sammyw84,

Thanks for coming back to me.

If our automated reply hasn't arrived in your spam or junk folder.

Please email us with a contact number only at eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk.

To make sure it reaches us, please quote the code EFT195 in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,217Posts Today

8,439Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin