Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cloo
    • By cloo 26th Feb 18, 1:37 PM
    • 1,057Posts
    • 1,045Thanks
    cloo
    Decor/layout trends in your area
    • 26th Feb 18, 1:37 PM
    Decor/layout trends in your area 26th Feb 18 at 1:37 PM
    I've noticed that almost every house around the million quid mark in and around our way seems to have exactly the same kitchen/diner set-up. Full width back extension, shiny white kitchen with island and bar stools, tile or wooden floor (see pic 3 below).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65531996.html

TBF, if our layout had allowed, I suspect we might have ended up with the same, only minus the shiny kitchen because I don't like shiny kitchens, so I'm kind of glad the idiosyncrasy of our house meant we did something different.

Any particular trends round your way?
Page 4
    • tessiesmummy
    • By tessiesmummy 4th Mar 18, 6:52 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    tessiesmummy
    Liverpool is definitely whites and greys, crushed velvet, pelmets and mirrored furniture. I have a bit of those but trying for more traditional feel.

I do have atrificial grass and its brilliant with 3 kids and a dog. no mess no upkeep and still looks the same now as when i put it down 5 years ago.
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789716 Debt Free Wannabe
    • aliby21
    • By aliby21 4th Mar 18, 9:20 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    aliby21
    Sister was selling her flat in London last year, EA told her he could tell the bathroom was about 10 years old because it was beige fake stone. I am in Norfolk, the current trend in bathrooms is beige fake stone
    • MrsGizzard
    • By MrsGizzard 6th Mar 18, 8:50 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrsGizzard
    But in bulk!
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 7th Mar 18, 8:30 AM
    • 15,849 Posts
    • 43,877 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Sister was selling her flat in London last year, EA told her he could tell the bathroom was about 10 years old because it was beige fake stone. I am in Norfolk, the current trend in bathrooms is beige fake stone
    Originally posted by aliby21
    They'd be wrong on that one then with my bathroom - done exactly the same as it would be if I were still back in the West Country - in beige fake stone. But it's a good deal newer than 10 years old.

Admitted that makes more sense (ie being neutral) on a house that looks likely to be "rest of life property" - but, if money allowed, it would be back on the market...

The EA would have been more accurate in accordance with the one that walked into my last bathroom and went "Ah! That Changing Rooms tv programme" - as they'd spotted the very deep colour I'd had the walls painted...that was some years old and I hadn't changed it again (courtesy of knowing from Day 1 that I'd be putting the house on the market at some point). Now that had got dated by the time I sold that house eventually...
    Last edited by moneyistooshorttomention; 07-03-2018 at 8:34 AM.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 7th Mar 18, 8:41 AM
    • 25,312 Posts
    • 93,075 Thanks
    Davesnave
    I took a 6year old bathroom back to bare walls that was done in real travertine.

I didn't much care for it and my DW hated it.

I was aware that it was the newest decor in the house and had cost quite a lot to install, but none of the bathroom fittings was to our taste, and certainly not the antique high level bog that washed people's shoes if they forgot to lower the lid before flushing; instant etiquette justice, but not worth the occasional laugh it gave.

Anyway, I think travertine is very 'noughties' already
    If you are finding huge gaps between your paragraphs and use Firefox, MSE know about the problem. However, they aren't necessarily doing anything about it yet....
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5844460
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

563Posts Today

5,675Users online

Martin's Twitter