Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wicklamucker
    • By wicklamucker 26th Feb 18, 1:35 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    wicklamucker
    newbie PCN lease car scotland
    • 26th Feb 18, 1:35 PM
    newbie PCN lease car scotland 26th Feb 18 at 1:35 PM
    Hi all, tried to encapsulate all in title... have been through the newbie thread but still not 100% on where i stand.

Background - work in a scottish city, had a company car (relinquished last friday) and have, on occasion, parked near the office in bays reserved for residents. On opposite side there are public bays but signage is poor (no entrance signs and sign by bay where i parked just reads private parking - refer to other signs for terms and conditions)....
    The details shall follow, but probably slightly complicated further by the fact that some colleagues and i have also used photocopied permits....
    At the start of last November i recieved a windscreen PCN - ignored it and subsequently lease company forwarded on NTK - i was happy on that occasion to (successfully) appeal directly there and then on the basis that that particular PCN stated no contravention....

This time....
    29/11/17 recieved windscreen PCN with contravention of 'photo copied permit'
    duly ignored it
    23/02/18 recieved email from lease company copying 'Notice to Keeper or Hirer' which they recieved 12/02/18 (dated 02/02/18) from debt collector. This states 100 outstanding, recieved lease company details from DVLA using Reasonable Cause. Asks to advise of driver. Mentions that 'the signage, which is clearly displayed at hte entrance to and throughout the car park, states that this is private land, the car park is managed by P4Parking (UK) Ltd and details the terms and conditions of the car park by which those who park in the car park agree to be bound'.

Unsure of where i stand due to
    a) the photocopied permit
    b) POFA 2012 doesnt apply to Scotland.....

Can anyone please advise?
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Apr 18, 8:51 PM
    • 60,025 Posts
    • 73,165 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Does this change anything at all?
    Yes, like I said, they are still being held liable, i.e. they stand to be sued, then what do you think they will do? Get the money off you and pay up, that's what will happen.

And no, I am not telling you to pay. Already said what they MUST do.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

207Posts Today

3,398Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin