Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • td23
    • By td23 26th Feb 18, 9:31 AM
    • 92Posts
    • 12Thanks
    td23
    Vehicle Control Services
    • 26th Feb 18, 9:31 AM
    Vehicle Control Services 26th Feb 18 at 9:31 AM
    Hi,

I have recieved a letter this morning from 'Vehicle Control Services', for a parking ticket, where the offence commited was on the 4th January 2018.

Thhis is the first correspondance I have recieved on this subject however the notice is stating that I have until the 22nd February to respond before they pursue me for parking charges.

Surely if Im only recieving theis letter today I should at least have a little notice to be able to pay it... The letter is dated 8th February.

Ive quickly spoken to friends this morning and got conflicting advice. One tells me to pay it as she was advised (elsewhere) to ignore and ended up with a CCJ. The other friend told me to ignore and consult on here.

I have not responded yet as I thought Id ask here first as you guys have been helpful in the past.

What would you advise with these guys?

Ignore?

Or call them and ask to be able to pay the 100. Is it a standard fixed penalyty from these of 100 or is it like the council charges and you can pay less if you pay sooner. I thiknk if Id have recieved a letter about it when it happened and had chance to pay smaller amount I would have just paid it to save the hassle.. Now its 100 and they have annoyed me a little Im seriously hoping to hget out of paying.

Any help or advice you can give would be great.

Thanks.
    Last edited by td23; 26-02-2018 at 9:55 AM.
Page 2
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 26th Feb 18, 12:33 PM
    • 36,811 Posts
    • 83,297 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    One last questiona nd I shall leave you guys alone.. I feel i have asked enough :-)

May be a silly question really but who do I email the template too? There is no email address on the letter they have sent.. Just says to visit www. my parking charge .co.uk . . I should go on there and look for email addrress? Is that right.. Sorry if this is an obvious answer to my own question. I am trying not to shoot myself in the foot as I nearly did in the intitial post I made. Thanks
    Originally posted by td23
    You appeal using whatever method it tells you to use on the *cough* reminder they sent you.

You should also complain to your MP.
    These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 26-02-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Feb 18, 12:41 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes go onto the www.myparkingcharge website, and find the way to contact them.

Re defending a possible small claim, that does not affect your mortgage one iota! We have a 99% success rate, only two lost in 2017 when fully coached v the likes of VCS.

I really dont want debt collectors at my door
    As already said - this cannot and DOES NOT happen.

and also Ive a mortgage renewal coming up at end of year and dont want a silly parking fine to end up costing me a fortune due to CCJ.
    This is NOT a 'parking fine' and a CCJ can't happen even if you lost! As long as you do not ignore any court letters/deadlines, stick around here at ALL stages and if you are a rare person who loses at a hearing, you merely need to finally pay what the Judge says (150 - 200 all told, no big costs and no CCJ, not a mark stays on your credit record).

The huge majority here (of those who stick around, are fully coached by this forum and who follow all the advice) see PPCs discontinue or the PPC loses and the poster gets their costs.

I am a founder member of the BMPA, and if you are getting lots of advice here, guess what the BMPA will advise you to do? Stay here!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• td23
    • By td23 26th Feb 18, 1:31 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    td23
    Haha I love this site.. You guys are great. my initial dread over the whole thing has lifted a lot since I came here.

I shall get on with sending that letter and will report back when needed.

Many, many thanks again.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Feb 18, 2:15 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We love doing this, even females (not guys) like me and LoadsofChildren123.

We are here to help you win, and to put your mind at rest too.

Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• td23
    • By td23 26th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    td23
    We love doing this, even females (not guys) like me and LoadsofChildren123.

We are here to help you win, and to put your mind at rest too.

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I meant guys as in people generally, apologies.. regional slang maybe. no sexism going on here! :-)
    • td23
    • By td23 27th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    td23
    Just an update, spent last night trying to find my details on my parking charge . co. uk. They ask for serial number and also vehicle reg. What I presume is my serial number (has same prefix as the ones mentioned on mpc.co . uk), is not coming up as recognised??? Has anyone ever mentioned this problem before?

Im trying to look on there to find an email adress to send template letter to.

Thanks.
    • td23
    • By td23 27th Feb 18, 10:36 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    td23
    Having a nightmare.. Cannot find an email address to sent the template to.. The only email address I can find is info@v c s . co. uk which I think is more aimed at potential customers rather than the people they are trying to con.. Cn anyone help? The myparkingcharge website is just not playing ball with my serial. On my letter tho it does say ref no. rather than serial no. There is no serial on the letter. Im confused...
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 28th Feb 18, 9:42 AM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,438 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    How does it say you need to submit the appeal? Do it that way.
    • td23
    • By td23 28th Feb 18, 5:26 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    td23
    Its says to do so via my parking charge .couk but that is where I am trying to enter my details and its saying not found.... Still struggling..
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Feb 18, 7:46 PM
    • 18,019 Posts
    • 28,539 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Its says to do so via my parking charge .couk but that is where I am trying to enter my details and its saying not found.... Still struggling..
    If you're presently stymied, take screen shots which may be useful in future. Keep trying over the next few days. You only started your thread just a couple of days ago, it may take a bit of time to show up on their system?

But you are aware, of course, that the prospect of success for an appeal to VCS is the square root of FA?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Feb 18, 7:52 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Proof that you tried is just as good as appealing to an IPC firm! Same outcome, nothing to worry about because this is just a stepping stone along the way.

Any appeal was never going to get the daft thing cancelled, with an IPC firm.

That's not where these are won; they are won on the small claims track, if they bother to try. No biggie.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 28-02-2018 at 9:12 PM.

• Baltas_tigas
    • By Baltas_tigas 28th Feb 18, 8:25 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Baltas_tigas
    Just an update, spent last night trying to find my details on my parking charge . co. uk. They ask for serial number and also vehicle reg. What I presume is my serial number (has same prefix as the ones mentioned on mpc.co . uk), is not coming up as recognised??? Has anyone ever mentioned this problem before?

Im trying to look on there to find an email adress to send template letter to.

Thanks.
    My husband had the same problem. He didn't receive the very first letter, we couldn't find his car on their system, so we just decided it's a scam and forgot about it. He just received a letter before claim. I wrote them asking for photos of his car and copies of the letters, and what a miracle, they send me the copy of the first letter and their database recognized his vehicle reg and serial numbers. The letter he received was written with some irony, telling that they don't know where we looked, but they can see the photos. Looks a bit odd, knowing, that none of 4 adult people actually seen the first letter, and they couldn't manage to look at the photos too.

I have a feeling, that if you will write them asking for photos and saying that you can't find the case on their system it will appear in next few days.
    Last edited by Baltas_tigas; 28-02-2018 at 8:28 PM.
    • td23
    • By td23 7th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    td23
    Just a little updste to this.. Had a letter from Debt collectors, DRP.. I take it I dont respond?

Thanks for replying and helping to all of you..
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Mar 18, 2:51 PM
    • 18,019 Posts
    • 28,539 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Just a little updste to this.. Had a letter from Debt collectors, DRP.. I take it I dont respond?

Thanks for replying and helping to all of you..
    The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4 helps you out on this.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

2,385Users online

Martin's Twitter