Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 25th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    • 2,477Posts
    • 35,562Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018
    • 25th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018 25th Feb 18 at 8:47 PM
    What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.
    Thank you HoneyBear for last weeks thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don!!!8217;t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour- Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

OK here we go!

Manic Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Clean floors,
    Level Two
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front
    Wipe dining table (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Clean the INSIDE of the microwave... don!!!8217;t forget the ceiling!!!
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances
    15 minute fling and tidy in that junk drawer in the kitchen.. get rid of all that stuff you put in there for !!!8216;later!!!8217; .. mind those prehistoric mousetraps!!
    Have you got plenty of deicer/salt incase you need it when the snow gets here?
    Extra Mission
    Choose one or more of:
    • Make sure to keep warm when the snow arrives.
    • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wash the washer drawer out if it is icky, check filters too!!
    • 30 minutes ironing!!! I KNOW you!!!8217;ll love me for that one!

Twinkly Tuesday ~ the boudoir (seeing as I am looking at my mess!)
    Level one!

For those with snow stay warm and safe!!!! I can't go anywhere as my poor little town is cut off..lol
    Strip, wash and replace bedding.. With the window wiiiide open
    Shine your magic mirrors
    Level Two
    Have a fling in a cupboard! Not with the butler!! What can be set free!?
    Clear the top of a cupboard
    Tickle away the dust and spider homes! It is not Halloween for ages!
    Level Three
    Gather up stinky laundry
    Wash a window
    Binbag dance.. Fill it up from anywhere in the house and let it go .. To the bin, CS or anywhere !!
    Extras for those who are brave!
    • Tidy the towels.. Can any be donated or turned to rags?
    • Clean the upstairs doors.. Oh to live in a bungalow!!
    • Wash stinky pet nests!!
    • Do something you enjoy for at least half an hour!! Eating/drinking/chasing loose women do not count!!

Study or other reception room & bathrooms - Wednesday
    Level One

Clear the clutter from all these rooms!!
    Wash any curtains/blinds/mats etc that need doing
    Level Two
    Vacuum the floors
    Clean bath, toilets, shower and sinks
    Wipe down the tiles and defragment the pc while doing this.
    Level Three
    Declutter and dust the pc desk
    Wipe away cup rings and sticky things
    Wipe the keyboard, mouse, cables and sockets and suchlike.
    Clean the windows.
    Extras
    • Vacuum under movable furniture
    • HHI..
    • Deal with any calls etc that need doing
    • Clear a hotspot
    • Replace any dead toothbrushes and sponges

Childrens/Spare rooms - Thursday
    Level One

Clear the floor
    Spend at least half an hour doing something just for yourself.. a nice bath, a manicure.. just your time! Make that appointment to have you hair done!!
    Level Two
    Strip the beds and wash those sheets.. and any duvets that need doing
    Sort out a box of things to give to the local nursery for the little children.. or for charity shop.. or a friend.. FLING!! The local GP surgeries, hospitals etc often need nice toys for the sick children..
    Level Three
    Vacuum the floor
    Deweb and fluff the room
    Clean the windows
    STAY SAFE AND WARM IN THE SNOW AND WIND
    Extras
    • Wash any curtains/throws/cushions etc that need it
    • Wipe sticky marks from walls and doors
    • Clean any tv's, pc's playstations in the room
    • Put the discs/videos in the correct boxes and books on shelves

Friday Fings!
    Level One

As most of the country has got snow, only go out if it is safe to do so..we don't want any broken limbs!!
    Don't forget to feed the birds outside, they will be struggling to find food in this snow, even if you just throw out bread crusts....
    Vacuum hallway, stairs and landing
    Tidy up the coats and shoes and bags.. can any be binned??
    Level Two
    Wipe down the downstairs doors.. inside, outside, polish your knobs..
    Wash a window or 2..
    Dust behind your raidators.. sock on a stick works wonders!
    Coats/uniforms in the wash ready for Monday!
    Level Three
    Binbag dance.. how fast can you do this???
    Empty and clear out and tidy one drawer or cupboard
    While you have your sock on a stick.. go eradicate the spider houses.. Halloween is October
    Spend at least half an hour doing whatever you want.. knitting or admiring your work or just doing nothing!
    Extras
    • HHI
    • Speed file a pile!!!
    • S&S the kitchen.. I bet it needs it already!
    • Chase appointments or make them if they are due!

STAY SAFE AND WARM IN THE SNOW AND WIND
    Last edited by Natty68; 02-03-2018 at 7:13 AM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 10
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 4th Mar 18, 9:21 AM
    • 578 Posts
    • 8,685 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Awww Roundtuit have a hug x Could DS not have sorted his own room or at least helped? I swear the GF won't be that bothered and presumably DS is old enough to be responsible for some of the house work
    Originally posted by YORKSHIRELASS
    Thank you YL xx. DS did clear his floordrobe, tidy and hoover his room. As a general rule all I do in there is empty the bin and open the curtains/ window to 'air' the room It's not his fault - I'm impossible to help I react very badly to anyone else moving/ 'tidying'/ cleaning/ 'helping' in the rest of the house- it's frustrating for him, his dad (who doesn't live here), and others who want to help ....just writing about it is making me feel uneasy

Hugs to Roundtuit and others having a bad time.
    Originally posted by Narc0lepsy
    Thank you Narc0 xx. I did the Lame Wolf toss a coin: it works . I need to start applying for other jobs, as even though I love my 'actual' job I've had enough of the politics, constant changes, low morale of colleagues....

Round - hope the royal visit went well. My DSS's GF thinks we are "laid back". Hahahaha! She had added me on FB, so my slovenly ways can't have put her off. I'm sure you'll pass with flying (geddit?) colours.
    Originally posted by Dizzy Imp
    Lol, Thank you Dizzy xx I apologised for the house being a tip and GF said she's seen worse. She was nervous, I was nervous, DS was nervous - but we got through, and she wants to come again

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 4th Mar 18, 9:55 AM
    • 578 Posts
    • 8,685 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Roundtuit
    If your house was 'Ideal Home' immaculate well - that's a hell of a scary thing for a potential future daughter-in-law to walk into - because then she's got to live up to it. As it is she gets to see you're human!

Stop fretting!

Finally I seem to be beginning to be able to operate 'normally'. It's been a long haul. And I have been reading too (well re-reading, on the kindle, but that's still a massive improvement).
    Originally posted by Valli
    Thank you Valli xx Glad to hear things are improving for you. Hugs xx

I only seem to be able to stop fretting when I am either top-notch or rock bottom: then I'm more of a 'S*d it if they don't like it: tough; they can sack me / do one'. It's quite liberating but elusive.

Good thing I didn't sign up for Scrimpers! We picked up fish and chips on the way home from work on Friday, and I had pizza delivered last night. Epic fail on the slinky challenge there too then . What's done is done.

Today is a new day Thinking Chumbawumba I can't do anything about the car battery today: I'll ring the garage in the morning (got the next three Mondays off using up Annual Leave then it's Easter weekend = 5 x 4 day working weeks pour moi (woot woot )
    So let's fly...
    Round 1=
    1. make bed
    2. get washed and dressed
    3. feed the birds
    4. put out rubbish & recycling
    5. sort Mount Washmore and set WM x 1 swishing
    6. laundry shuffle
    7. WUDUPA one bowl of pots
    8. breakfast

I really do appreciate everyone's support and encouragement. Thank you ladies xx

Rxx
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 4th Mar 18, 11:02 AM
    • 36,729 Posts
    • 472,763 Thanks
    pigpen
    Pouring with rain here... melting all that remains of the filthy white stuff.. One very happy piggy!!

No vomit for 55 hours so hoping we are in the clear.. hoping!!!

DS3 is 19 today. I didn't know if we would be clear of vomit so I haven't arranged him a party.. so he will have to be upset about it.. I can't risk my 8 months pregnant daughter or my cancery stepdad getting ill and he can think of others for once. He is having a major flounce because I have no intention of decorating his perfectly presentable bedroom but I am doing the one he moved out of and the one DS2 moved into. Clearly I don't love him! (his words not mine)

Twinkle is howling because I won't give her boof until I have at least put fluid back into me.. and she couldn't go to work with OH.

Washers are both filled but not full
    I have a mountain of stuff to hang up to dry but I need to fold all the dry stuff first so I shall do that shortly.

As I am such a hateful person I am going to paint the bathroom today.. I got the new paint yesterday.. I am doing it mint green instead of royal blue.. I want it to be bright and cheery rather and messy and glum.

I might go throw out some stuff too, it is fun.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    15/05/2018 53528.71 (2.41% int.)
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 4th Mar 18, 11:25 AM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 51,919 Thanks
    Jazee
    Raining here too now so no dog walk yet. I have changed the bedding, the 'old' stuff is now in the WM. I've also had a sort out of all my handbags (I have lots) and there is now a carrier bag of stuff for the charity shop. I found dozens of pens - mostly from hotels in my paid stuff travelling days, dozens of packets of tissues/paracetamol/emery boards - you get the picture.

Just waiting for the rain to ease off a little as I need to get out.
    Savings 2018: 1478.11
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 4th Mar 18, 11:39 AM
    • 10,470 Posts
    • 114,347 Thanks
    LameWolf
    I did the Lame Wolf toss a coin: it works .
    Originally posted by roundtuit
    It does, doesn't it? It's got me through many a dilemma. I'm afraid I'm the world's worst case of "I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure". Most days I can't even decide what clothes to wear, Mr LW selects them for me.

We need to have a quick whizz round with the Dys0n - thankfully the place is already tidy, as we live by the Valli mantra "Don't put it down, put it away". But I want the place up to scratch as we have the chap from the Council coming to inspect us tomorrow morning. Not sure how he'll check the garden; it's still covered in snow, but hopefully he'll take my word for it that nothing is any different from last year.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 4th Mar 18, 11:43 AM
    • 2,646 Posts
    • 40,533 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Is it sad that I fell really pleased as went through the box with all the odd socks in and paired up 19 pairs of socks? I think it may be but I don't care! Hung up some towels and got the next lot ready to go in tomorrow morning. Seem to be spending all my time picking up clothes from the various rooms and either putting them away or putting in the washing basket (found a heap of S's under a blanket, little tinker). Off to see Bristol Rugby this afternoon and will see if we can continue our run of wins - unbeaten all season!!

For Scrimpers- won't be a NSD as have to get some milk on the way back in but that is an essential I'd say! Will fail on Wednesday though I know - going for a waxing and get my eyebrows shaped and tinted. I did say I would cancel because of s but DH told me I must do it as it makes me feel better about myself.

Roundtuit glad visit went OK. Z has her first proper boyfriend (first date a week ago after weeks of FaceTime etc!) and I felt embarrassed when he came and his mum was here too yikes!! I just apologised and smiled. Last week was a bad week for me MH wise but had been doing so well up to then but never mind - always another day.

Right, DH just called me .... best dash x
    H2H challenge: 3hours 30 mins
    Flymarkeeteer: 120 and counting
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 4th Mar 18, 11:49 AM
    • 36,729 Posts
    • 472,763 Thanks
    pigpen

For Scrimpers- won't be a NSD as have to get some milk on the way back in but that is an essential I'd say! Will fail on Wednesday though I know - going for a waxing and get my eyebrows shaped and tinted. I did say I would cancel because of s but DH told me I must do it as it makes me feel better about myself.
    Originally posted by Mumof2
    they are necessities and don't count.

NSD here.. I have no quids. I need more decorating materials for Meem's room.
    Last edited by pigpen; 04-03-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 4th Mar 18, 12:05 PM
    • 10,470 Posts
    • 114,347 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Mumof2 Milk is vital, so doesn't count for Scrimpers. And I think the idea isn't that you spend absolutely nothing whatsoever during March, you just rein it in. If J has said to go for your wax and eyebrow shape/tint, then you should go. It's like Piggers' nails - that little bit of something that retains your sanity for you. x
    Well done on sock-pairing, btw. I don't think it's sad to be pleased at achieving 19 pairs of socks reunited.

Mr LW has spent 75.90 at the Farmers Market - but this is a month's supply of cheese (our main protein source) plus eggs, and we needed a jar of honey this time. So it's Planned Food Spend and does not count against us for Scrimpers.

I am going stir crazy; the furthest I have gone in days is down the garden to attend to the bird feeding station.

On the plus side, I managed half an hour uninterrupted on the WiiFit while Mr LW was at the Farmers Market.
    Last edited by LameWolf; 04-03-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 4th Mar 18, 12:09 PM
    • 5,029 Posts
    • 50,364 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Finally I seem to be beginning to be able to operate 'normally'. It's been a long haul. And I have been reading too (well re-reading, on the kindle, but that's still a massive improvement).
    Originally posted by Valli
    It's been a long time, Valli. (((Hugs)))

I think the snow did for the three robins and the female blackbird I've been feeding for years. I saw them the first morning and put extra food out throughout, but I haven't seen any of them since the thaw. Normally even if I don't see them I can hear the little hen blackbird talking to herself in the bushes.

Bins done, just about to jump into the shower prior to someone coming to pick up the jamjars.

Nothing spent at all since 1 March but that may have something to do with sending OH to the Co-op when we needed peas on Friday.
    Keeping it AF
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 4th Mar 18, 12:17 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 37,994 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Pleased it went well Roundtuit. I dont really want anyone else doing housework because they dont do it to my standards but then I get annoyed when no-one helps. Where is the sense in that?

Pigpen happy birthday to DS, I agree with your precautions for keeping everyone else vomit free. Love the mint green idea for the bathroom, our bathroom walls are a bright teal colour.

NSD here too. Going to do a bit of work on our finances in a minute. Suspect it will look dire but its best to know.

Now that the weather is hopefully improving have decided to rejoin my cycling club again. Quite nervous about it but I need to get out and interact with other people more - I work mostly on my own and because of my social anxieties I dont have any friends (other than you lovely people). DH wasnt keen on my going out with them on a weekend but I have reassured him that I will still spend time with him. The great thing about the cycling club is that you can be around other people without feeling the need to chat constantly (and its very low cost).
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 4th Mar 18, 12:30 PM
    • 36,729 Posts
    • 472,763 Thanks
    pigpen
    YL.. that was my second choice.. along with emerald green.. OH doesn't like the new colour so I told him to go choose a new one and he came up with.. pretty much the same blue as it is at the moment!!. I am going to go over the white again in a minute.. I have 2 big beasts downstairs to watch Twinkle so I can get half an hour to whizz a roller about I'm sure!

Best feed the minions too.. they are getting loud!
    • Valli
    • By Valli 4th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 20,435 Posts
    • 232,282 Thanks
    Valli
    WUALTD (I can't remember if that's right or not, lol)
    Emptied DW
    Did WM x 2 and TD x 1; put away the aired, dried stuff and ironed the next lot, so that's airing off.

I have stuff to list on ebay later.
    Oh and I am back at work tomorrow!
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 4th Mar 18, 1:33 PM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 20,050 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    My WM is working again so that and the DW are currently on.

Decided at 8.30am I was bored and no way was this silly snow disrupting my day again, so by 9am I was at the tip!

Have also been to Aldi, visited grandma, tidied the kitchen and straightened the garage a bit.

As I did the food shopping today (usually do it Monday but really want to get ahead of myself) I can report a 30.51 spend in Aldi - that will be all our food for the week.

Going to take the dog on her second walk shortly
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - 171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - 99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 4th Mar 18, 1:36 PM
    • 3,030 Posts
    • 15,000 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    You are busy! I don't know about atypiclablonde. Sounding like an atypical human
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/March 2018=0 DEBT FREE 23/03/18
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 4th Mar 18, 2:30 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 51,919 Thanks
    Jazee
    Dog walk done and I've decluttered some TV recordings. Waiting for the call to go visit DD.
    Savings 2018: 1478.11
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 4th Mar 18, 2:52 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 7,333 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Pleased it went well Roundtuit. I dont really want anyone else doing housework because they dont do it to my standards but then I get annoyed when no-one helps. Where is the sense in that?).
    Originally posted by YORKSHIRELASS
    That's me to a T as well YL. Good luck with getting back to the cycle club. I seem to remember that you enjoyed it last time?

Have a hug, roundtuit. I don't think any of us would be here if we lived in perfection. I get so embarassed about the state of our house, that I tell people who don't know that we are mid-renovations. We've been here 12 years (so I really have to stop trying to kid myself and others now) and I can honestly say that only our bedroom doesn't look like a pit. And that is probably only on the day that it's on the Flylady list.

So today has been a day of flingage, with a new CS bag started and paperwork getting a serious turn out. I did have some finances to sort, but DH is joined at the hip to the laptop, so I'll wait for another day. I think we are all back to school / work tomorrow, so normality may be able to return. Apart from the fact that the builder will be back, but that's a good thing. DH is huffing and puffing at the laptop - I think I'll make us all a cuppa and shut him up!
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 4th Mar 18, 3:25 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 8,685 Thanks
    roundtuit
    WUDUPA turned in to WUALTD, and breakfast didn't happen - but had a coffee with DS's dad. Everything else on Round 1 is done.

I've had a couple of hours with Mum and Dad, walked home and unloaded WM / done another laundry shuffle.

DS informed me he was going to the pub - I reminded him that my car is out of action. Oh - he'd not thought it through ... so I guess he was planning on asking for a lift then

I've not seen Mrs Blackbird with a droopy wing for a few days She was waiting for me on Wednesday morning even though I went out early, and she came right up to feed and chuck 'thank you' to me. Mr Robin has moved in - I hope he hasn't bullied her away. Would he do that? I hope she made it through the Beast .

I'll dry the pots later - got some athletics to watch first

Rxx

ETA thank you for the hug Fayolle xx
    Last edited by roundtuit; 04-03-2018 at 3:29 PM.
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 4th Mar 18, 5:30 PM
    • 36,729 Posts
    • 472,763 Thanks
    pigpen
    Bathroom painted.. it looks quite beautiful. Once the girls are in bed I am going to mint the 2 minty walls and create perfection from the desperate mess it is at the moment. I also bleached and painted over the mouldy ceiling bits in DD3's room.. it will also be beautiful.

DD2 has brought all her stuff back from uni.. and dumped it in my empty front room.. I need her to get her own place pretty soon I think!!

DD2 is after taking DS3 on the razzle.. should be fun, getting him out of the house!

DD2 loaded the DW

I am about 3/4 of the way through my dinner and I am stuffed.. I barely ate anything!
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 4th Mar 18, 5:49 PM
    • 5,029 Posts
    • 50,364 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    I've not seen Mrs Blackbird with a droopy wing for a few days She was waiting for me on Wednesday morning even though I went out early, and she came right up to feed and chuck 'thank you' to me. Mr Robin has moved in - I hope he hasn't bullied her away. Would he do that? I hope she made it through the Beast .
    Originally posted by roundtuit
    Unlikely, I'd have thought. They eat the same kind of food and I don't think either has a reputation as a predator. I'm hoping they're just foraging further afield, rather than either dying from the cold or being predated by magpies or seagulls. Fingers crossed they'll reappear in a day or two.
    Keeping it AF
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 4th Mar 18, 6:14 PM
    • 9,653 Posts
    • 121,957 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Work done
    Sausage in rolls for dinner
    Came home from work to find OH had made a heap of 'stuff' for me to lsit eby, I am gob snacked to say the least!!
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -10 so far and counting!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,781Posts Today

8,025Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin