NST March: Marching to a different beat

Comments

• bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 274
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    laurenh1 I feel your pain regards cars, we had a run of problems no sooner had we sorted one issue an unrelated one would crop up. Hopefully will settle down for you from now on.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 274
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 2 March 2018 at 11:03PM
    Committed to completing the month
    Aiming for 18 NSDs @ 02/18
    Budgets have been set for the month but I will be trying to minimise spend this month to reduce the impact of overspend in previous months to achieve my overall annual budget.
    (March 2018 : groceries £300, pets £0 as stocked up, bills/repayments/savings-budgeted, travel/holidays £50, activities/treats £50, clothing £100)
    Charity monthly dd setup and will sort through for donations to store / foodbank
    Every single spend is entered into a spreadsheet. I find it easier to keep track of how I paid, what offers I've made use, impact of spend on the monthly and annual budgets and I can colour coordinate it as I go along
    Planned one day out with friends this month
    DFD currently May2018
    Monthly planning to the best of my ability and starting to stock freezer with alternatives
    Aiming for 31 check-ins @02/31
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi all :j

Yet another quick pop in ..new problem is water dripping through bathroom ceiling, only discovered late tonight. Think it is overflow in loft but no way can we get up there to investigate. Far too high up.. Have put plastic bowl underneath but can hear it dripping...................

So (again) bear with me till I sort myself out, NSD again today 2/15
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,871
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    NSD 2 for me today :D. Too tired to think straight so will post budgets tomorrow.

Managed to drop my phone and smash the screen :mad: so it will be a spendy day tomorrow.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10527.15/£15000 (70.2% saved). Emergency fund - £1356.48/£1500 (90.4% saved).
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning all,

Yesterday was spendy as I did a good top up, got my nails done (for an event that got cancelled :( ) and had brunch with my friend as we were on a snow day. However, I save £36 as the dog walker was not needed twice this week due to snow days and my cleaner couldn!!!8217;t get through the snow. £36 moves to savings. All my events this weekend have been postponed due to the weather so I!!!8217;m having a quiet few days at home with the dogs, who are loving the unexpected company.

The freezer is fully stocked with batch cooking for the month so spends should be minimal until/unless the events are replanned. Today I need to summon the energy to change the bedsheets (always seems a bigger job than it is) and hoover too.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yesterday was NSD 1/15 - snowing on and off much of the day after doing the same on Thurs, so we weren't going anywhere! (well, except a walk along the canal path) The boys cleared the driveway, paths and patio and dumped all the snow in one area for snowman building, but it was too powdery to stick together - am hoping it's better today. The driveway also needs clearing again :) The smallest 2 wanted us all to eat dinner together (not a common occurrence on a weekday due to activities/ work) which was lovely :) Most of us had a big pasta dish with smoked lardons (YS back in Oct) and garlic bread. DD had roast beef to use it up (was already cooked and sliced in freezer, along with leftover roasties frozen back in Jan) (and garlic bread!) and DS2 doesn't eat pasta or roast so had fishfingers (and garlic bread :D) - followed by a couple of family games of cards. Was a lovely day/ evening :)

Today's plans - snowmen building (hopefully successful today) and a big brunch for all of us. OH and I were meant to be going out for dinner for my birthday (midweek coming) but I don't think so in this weather - so we'll likely have a fakeaway instead. Saves money, I guess! (wasn't in my budget, as I don't know where he booked (surprise) and he was paying) We should be able to keep out of the shops (OH would be walking there if we needed anything, but Thurs morning's shopping should see us through until at least Mon)

I dread to think of the effect this past week has had on our gas (and elec, to a much lesser degree) usage. I am very thankful that I don't have to be too concerned about the £ spent on it (I'd rather spend less, of course, but we are fortunate that we don't have to make a choice between spending on heating & food)

Also thankful for
    * family fun in the snow - making memories :)
    * smallest 2 asking (independently of each other) to eat all together (much more a weekend thing in our house than a weekday thing)
    * warm clothes
    * finding 5 packs of (expired use by date) 'hot hands' in the last box of kitchen stuff - they still worked and were a great little extra for the snowy weather yesterday
    * not having to brave the shops
    * cashing out some more tcb, meaning another OP (£5 :D) to OH's CC
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Here are my goals for the month:
    • For the striders: 18 NSDs;
    • Budgets - food £350, bills £1100, travel £150 , clothing £20, pets £100, savings £200)
    • Charity - Will donate to my usual dog rescue charity
    • I have YNAB for noting spends
    • Will take lunch etc with me every day
    • Debts - all debts will get the usual payment plus will send council tax money across as none to pay for March
    • Commitments - · A girls weekend mid month, then a weeks leave just before Easter. DH!!!8217;s birthday (today!)
    Reporting in a NSD yesterday, the 1st was a spend day as DH popped to the shops on his way home from work to get stocks as DD and I had 2 snow days.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,817
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    My goals for the month are:

18+ NSDs
    £240 Groceries (6 people, all meals plus lunchboxes)
    £10 household (soap / laundry powder/ loo roll)
    £80 petrol
    DS2s residential (£50/ £320)
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    morning all!

Will def be spending today but am going to try and do a bit of a meal plan for the week and shop with a list for the first time in ages

Also need to make a list of DIY/contractor jobs which need doing and look at my budget for that
    On a mission
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 756
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Bizzie Thanks, we have just had a run of bad luck from big things like washing machine going, car breaking down, hubs tyre got a puncture, hubs electric multi tool broke & needed replacing, all in about a week. However I knew it was coming because nothing has broken or gone wrong for ages so its just been storing up.:rotfl:
    sods law as our childcare went up dramatically this month as well.

The good news is that I got a free vallet voucher for my car for when the weather is nicer. looking forward to using that bad boy .

today is NSD #2 . hoping I wont spend anything now until next week. Budgets are still the same.

catching up with house work today while hub works on my chairs. Was going to take the kids out but its all too cold & icy.

greatful today for- having a roof over our head with heating and microwaveable water bottles for my boys- I imagine there is some really suffering in this weather.For my husband who is pushing on in the very cold garage to get my dining chairs done & who has gone out every time to clear our cars and get them heated before we go out- just an all round good egg , and for lazy weekends :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure