Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 24th Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    • 8,134Posts
    • 34,965Thanks
    lucielle
    Onwards and the debt goes downwards!
    • 24th Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    Onwards and the debt goes downwards! 24th Feb 18 at 4:59 PM
    Hi All Old diary is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1000559 I can't do the posh linky things.

Things are all changing in the Lucielle household. DS1 arrived back from New Zealand and has moved out to start his new job. Spent most of last week building flat pack furniture from the well known store. DD1 starts her daytime lambing job before progressing onto lambing job number 2 which is nights. DS2 is still doing his apprenticeship and just bought a new to him car. DD2 is just coming to the end of her lambing job and is then back to college.

Our debt has crept up again, mainly through helping kids with their insurance, which they will pay back. Currently its at 14k, not great but doable. It hasn't helped that I needed new glasses and DS1 took his washing machine back so had to purchase a new one.

I have also just finished at my job of 9 years and aim to work with OH and develop our business further. Watch this space.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 59875.83 Overdrafts 2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!! 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
Page 6
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 27th Jan 19, 6:52 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad all seems well.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 8th Feb 19, 7:55 AM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 34,965 Thanks
    lucielle
    The drive back down was ok a few slippy bits and -8 going through Fort William. Hit Northumberland and it was like a massive snow bomb had gone off. Thankfully its all gone now.

Had my B12 jab so should start to feel a bit perkier. Also had my hoof checked out, the insoles are working and he's going to send some more and discharge me. Just waiting for physio for my sciatica which has been agony but easing now (still can't get my socks on and OH has to do it) and my shoulder. Hopefully they will get me sorted as I start my lambing job on the 1st of April.

All payments bar one have been made for the month. Not sure I'll hit my May target for the M&S card as the holiday cottage needs some funds in.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 59875.83 Overdrafts 2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!! 08/06/2013
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 12th Feb 19, 4:45 PM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 34,965 Thanks
    lucielle
    In other spendy news, I've just bought tickets to go and see the Zutons at the Barrowlands Ballroom which will mean an overnight stay and coincides with OHs birthday. And tickets to see Rhod Gilbert. DS1 is quite jealous of this. Something to look forward to.
    L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Feb 19, 5:30 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Blimey. The Barrowlands

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 12th Feb 19, 6:52 PM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 34,965 Thanks
    lucielle
    Never been, have you?
    L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Feb 19, 7:38 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Never been, have you?
    L
    Originally posted by lucielle
    No, heard a lot though!

***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 15th Feb 19, 7:26 AM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 34,965 Thanks
    lucielle
    What a week! I know its not finished yet but I'll be glad when its over. Had to close an account due to a difference of opinion, another customer not very happy but we've done everything within out power and at a cost to us to put things right. There really is no pleasing some people.

Izzy is in season so she's been for a blood test to see when she's likely to be ready to meet the dog of her dreams.

It's DD1s last day (she was finishing in May but its been brought forwards much to her relief) so she'll land back at some point tonight, along with loads of stuff and mountains of washing.

I've got physio today and I can't wait. My hip and leg were so sore last night that I took 3 painkillers in one go, slept like a baby. Also made me realise still how sore my shoulder is.

It's a lovely day, got the bedding in the machine and debating whether to put it outside, see what my time scale is.
    L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Feb 19, 3:49 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope the physio goes well

Yah for DD1 being home

***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 10th Mar 19, 3:07 PM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 34,965 Thanks
    lucielle
    Had more physio, back, leg and hip are so much better but the shoulder is still painful. I have full range of movement but it aches constantly. The physio recommends that I get an injection into it. It's booked for Tuesday can't wait but dreading it at the same time as OH says it hurts and he had his in his back.

Been in work all week and been there today. We did treat ourselves to lunch out. Trying to get caught up with everything as DD1 and I are away to the house on Saturday for a week.

Debt wise got a bit of money coming from mums estate which will go towards M&S, otherwise in the words of Beanie just plodding along.
    L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Mar 19, 6:19 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Plodding is always good
    Hope injection goes ok.
    Good news on the money.

***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 23rd Mar 19, 1:20 PM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 34,965 Thanks
    lucielle
    So had the injection it wasn't that bad but it was a huge needle. Touch wood it seems to have worked.

Went to the house, it was nice to get away but had a really bad snotty cold and sleeping has been appalling. The weather wasn't great and we came back a day early yesterday.

DD1 has decided to go to New Zealand to join her sister, visa has come through and she's booked her flights. She goes on 12th of June and I'm already dreading it. I'll be fine.

Off to see the Zutons at the end of the week and then Rhod Gilbert next Saturday. Then on the 1st of April I'm lambing for 2 weeks, so hope the shoulder holds up.
    L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 23rd Mar 19, 6:33 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that injection went well

***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 22nd Apr 19, 6:54 PM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 34,965 Thanks
    lucielle
    Lambing is finished for this year. Not sure if I'll do it next year and have to see if I'm asked. Just waiting for the dosh to hit my account and then hopefully that will kill the M&S card off.

Hired some electric bikes yesterday and cycled 26 miles round Kielder water. The bikes were excellent and the weather gorgeous but have to say that my @rse is killing me today!

Off to London at the weekend for DD1 to run the marathon in aid of Macmillan.

DD2 is still having a ball in NZ and has sent me a video of her skydive jump.
    L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 22nd Apr 19, 6:58 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good news on M & S card nearly being gone.
    Well done on all that cycling.

***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 1st May 19, 4:42 PM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 34,965 Thanks
    lucielle
    Back from London and DD1 ran the marathon in 5 hours 42mins. Bless her she was knackered and has felt like she's got the worst hangover for the last 3 days. We walked 5 miles on the day just supporting her, which I know is nothing compared to what she's done.

The M&S card is dead apart from a small amount of interest.

The totals for the other cards are as follows and all at 0%
    Lloyds 1495
    HSBC 700
    Santander 1173
    Barclays 765 I'm going to focus on this one next

L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st May 19, 5:15 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Well done to DD.
    Great news on the M & S card

***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 16th May 19, 4:48 PM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 34,965 Thanks
    lucielle
    Had an awful week leading up to the bank holiday and not been in a good place, hopefully nothing will come of it but feeling better now.

The weather has been great this week and very envious of the people staying in the Skye house.

DD1 has had a couple of days in the lakes and climbed Helvelyn. She's making the most of the last bit of time in the UK. Sob!

Making some progress on the cards. Booked tickets to go to Ladies Day at the races on the 26th May. Had a lovely time last year.
    L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 19, 7:52 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that you are feeling better now.

***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 17th May 19, 6:53 AM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 34,965 Thanks
    lucielle
    Thanks for reading Beanie, I think I'd've stopped posting if you weren't reading

Struggling to get a taxi for Ladies Day so have booked a room near the location, which would probably equate to the taxi cost.

L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th May 19, 6:23 PM
    • 63,188 Posts
    • 277,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thanks for reading Beanie, I think I'd've stopped posting if you weren't reading

Struggling to get a taxi for Ladies Day so have booked a room near the location, which would probably equate to the taxi cost.

L
    Originally posted by lucielle
    Great idea.
    A friend was at the one in Perth yesterday

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2Posts Today

4,116Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin