Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 24th Feb 18, 5:59 PM
    • 8,007Posts
    • 34,249Thanks
    lucielle
    Onwards and the debt goes downwards!
    • 24th Feb 18, 5:59 PM
    Onwards and the debt goes downwards! 24th Feb 18 at 5:59 PM
    Hi All Old diary is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1000559 I can't do the posh linky things.

Things are all changing in the Lucielle household. DS1 arrived back from New Zealand and has moved out to start his new job. Spent most of last week building flat pack furniture from the well known store. DD1 starts her daytime lambing job before progressing onto lambing job number 2 which is nights. DS2 is still doing his apprenticeship and just bought a new to him car. DD2 is just coming to the end of her lambing job and is then back to college.

Our debt has crept up again, mainly through helping kids with their insurance, which they will pay back. Currently its at 14k, not great but doable. It hasn't helped that I needed new glasses and DS1 took his washing machine back so had to purchase a new one.

I have also just finished at my job of 9 years and aim to work with OH and develop our business further. Watch this space.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!! 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
Page 2
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Mar 18, 1:44 PM
    • 54,988 Posts
    • 219,485 Thanks
    beanielou
    Your poor DD.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • savingholmes
    • By savingholmes 6th Mar 18, 6:59 AM
    • 8,955 Posts
    • 17,015 Thanks
    savingholmes
    Poor DD - hope for your sake you escape it
    Today is a new day £93/310 £10 a day Mar Challenge DFD August 2021
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 21st Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    • 8,007 Posts
    • 34,249 Thanks
    lucielle
    I have been car shopping with DD1 as her timing belts went in her car and killed the engine. I spent 4 hours trying to source another engine to go in it but no luck so far. Went to Edinburgh to get a car for her then went down south to visit a friend before she went in for a knee operation and then on to see my mum. Came back early as I was worried about the weather.

DD1s car was going ok and then it suddenly stopped for no reason she got it going again and then it did it with OH at the weekend. Going to put it on the computer as we only have 28 days warranty.

In other most exciting news I've been approached to do 3 weeks of lambing. It's been a while since I was doing things like that but I'm so excited! I start on 1st of April. OH isn't as impressed as I was supposed to be with him.

In other nearly as exciting news, I've just had a meeting with the land agent about having my kitchen fitted. I get to choose the cupboard fronts and the work top. It does mean that we'll have to decorate again but it should look fab. I asked them not to start it near the last bank holiday weekend in May as that's when the DDs are having their 18th and 21st party. It would be nice to have it completed for then.

Paid £40 off the interest bearing card.

L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!! 08/06/2013
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    • 54,988 Posts
    • 219,485 Thanks
    beanielou
    Happy lambing & happy shiney new kitchen

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 25th Apr 18, 3:47 PM
    • 8,007 Posts
    • 34,249 Thanks
    lucielle
    Lambing is all finished and I've been paid more per hour than originally agreed as they found I was better than expected. Whoop

Going to London tomorrow. Not sure if DS1 will make it as he's still busy lambing.

Concentrating on clearing the Santander cc. The 0% runs out in June. Once that's cleared hoping to get another 0% deal to move the LLoyds balance onto it as that also runs out in June. Still got a large amount on the M & S card. A small balance on Barclays £550, which I may target next just to have the satisfaction of getting rid of it.
    L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 25th Apr 18, 4:18 PM
    • 54,988 Posts
    • 219,485 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good news on the extra money.

Enjoy London.

Good idea to target the small card

***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 2nd May 18, 9:45 PM
    • 8,007 Posts
    • 34,249 Thanks
    lucielle
    Just done a quick tot up of the cards and can't seem to get it under the 10k mark.
    Barclaycard 450
    M & S 7205.10
    Lloyds 3600
    total 11255.10

The eagle eyed among you will notice I've cleared the Santander. The 0% runs out on the Lloyds in June. Loads of time on the Barclays. I just got an offer on my HSBC for a 0% deal but I know I can't move my M&S onto there. I'm hoping Santander will give me another offer then I can move M&S to them and Lloyds to HSBC.

L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd May 18, 10:00 PM
    • 54,988 Posts
    • 219,485 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope your shuffling goes well

***Keep plodding***
    • brizzlegirl
    • By brizzlegirl 3rd May 18, 8:05 AM
    • 254 Posts
    • 1,565 Thanks
    brizzlegirl
    Hope alls good L. Lost your subscription when I had to get a new MSE identity Hope alls good. I need to do a serious money shuffle to buy our car which is coming to the end of its lease...need to see what is out there as keen not to refinance if we can

Have a good day. X
    MFW..aiming to pay it off in 2022.. 2018 Savings Rate - Goal 25% [13% April 29% May ] Income Goal £76/£750 June Goals: AFDs 09/25; Declutter 60 items 18/60; LSDs xx/10; NSDs xx/10 Exercise 10/30 Aiming to be a true Frugalista!
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 24th May 18, 6:34 PM
    • 8,007 Posts
    • 34,249 Thanks
    lucielle
    AAAGH I've been such a twit. I can't believe how stupid I've been. I thought the Lloyds card 0% ran out in July so I've made an effort to try and get rid of it over the expensive M&S card. I suddenly thought today I'd check it and I've just come off the phone to them and it actually ends 31/7/2020!!!! FFS.

So cost money in interest on the M&S one and also I did a balance transfer off it to HSBC (0% but still transfer fee) in a mission to be rid of the darn thing. Still not managed to shift any of the M&S debt which is at a glorious £7703.93! bu$$er
    L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 24th May 18, 9:26 PM
    • 54,988 Posts
    • 219,485 Thanks
    beanielou
    Bumble bee

***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 25th May 18, 3:11 PM
    • 8,007 Posts
    • 34,249 Thanks
    lucielle
    Got an offer today off Santander for a 0% transfer until 31/12/19 so transferred £1425 off the M&S card. At least I've made a start.

Had my hair done and also had a spray tan in readiness for the party.

L
    • brizzlegirl
    • By brizzlegirl 25th May 18, 3:42 PM
    • 254 Posts
    • 1,565 Thanks
    brizzlegirl
    It happens. Suspect most of us have done it and often its not clear when a deal finishes.. not in the banks interests to tell you after all! But well done on the BT and the spray tan sounds good. Cold again here. Pity - liked the weather last weekend very much
    MFW..aiming to pay it off in 2022.. 2018 Savings Rate - Goal 25% [13% April 29% May ] Income Goal £76/£750 June Goals: AFDs 09/25; Declutter 60 items 18/60; LSDs xx/10; NSDs xx/10 Exercise 10/30 Aiming to be a true Frugalista!
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 26th May 18, 7:38 PM
    • 3,470 Posts
    • 31,686 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    AAAGH I've been such a twit. I can't believe how stupid I've been. I thought the Lloyds card 0% ran out in July so I've made an effort to try and get rid of it over the expensive M&S card. I suddenly thought today I'd check it and I've just come off the phone to them and it actually ends 31/7/2020!!!! FFS.

So cost money in interest on the M&S one and also I did a balance transfer off it to HSBC (0% but still transfer fee) in a mission to be rid of the darn thing. Still not managed to shift any of the M&S debt which is at a glorious £7703.93! bu$$er
    L
    Originally posted by lucielle
    OUCH not good - I hope you get a great deal to sort the M&S!
    V3ry - £389.60
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 13th Jun 18, 6:20 PM
    • 8,007 Posts
    • 34,249 Thanks
    lucielle
    The party weekend went really well. All the logistics worked which was worrying me, as it had the potential to go very wrong. Thoroughly enjoyed the races and OH won £245 on the first race with a £5 bet!!!

DD1 turned 21 on the 10th, her sister bought her a parachute jump which she's doing on Wednesday. Just booked tickets to go to the Highland show, haven't been since DS1 was at school and he's 23!

Also got DD2s graduation to go to on 28th. She's just had an employer about a job in New Zealand. Just wait to see how that pans out and what she wants to do.

DD1 also had a potential job in Devon but is currently on a weeks trial at one that's 2 hours away to see if they both like each other.

So far I've managed to balance transfer 2415 off the dreaded M&S card. Still leavening a hefty balance but DD2 should be paying her debt off very soon, which will shift a chunk.

Getting a new to us vehicle for work as the big blue battle bus just isn't safe. We've managed to trade the Discovery and the Mercedes in for a pick up which we collect on Friday.

L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th Jun 18, 11:15 AM
    • 54,988 Posts
    • 219,485 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad the party weekend went well
    Enjoy the graduation, a year since my DS graduated just about
    Masters graduation next if all goes well!

***Keep plodding***
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 18th Jun 18, 6:32 PM
    • 8,007 Posts
    • 34,249 Thanks
    lucielle
    It looks like DD1 is about to fly the coop. She's got a milking job in Cumbria, playing with 400 dairy cows. I don't think DD2 will be far behind her as she's trying to arrange a Skype interview for a dairy position in NZ.

It's going to be strange when they go. Still got DS2 here.

Just paid another £400 off the M&S card
    L
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Jun 18, 6:36 PM
    • 54,988 Posts
    • 219,485 Thanks
    beanielou
    Blimey, that will be strange
    How do you feel about it?

Great news on the 400 off the card

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,141Posts Today

8,211Users online

Martin's Twitter