Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 24th Feb 18, 4:40 PM
    • 7,796Posts
    • 17,019Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    0 WOW
    Toaster with bread sized slots
    • 24th Feb 18, 4:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Toaster with bread sized slots 24th Feb 18 at 4:40 PM
    I'm sure that it's been asked before, but I can't find a relevant thread.

My toaster has given up. It's not worth fixing, and like most toasters, you couldn't put a full sized slice of bread in it properly. I've decided that my next toaster is to be one that fits a standard sized piece of bread in it (Warburton's Toastie or similar), without having to try to cook it in two halves. I would also prefer a toaster that can take thicker items such as crumpets and teacakes as well.

So, any ideas please? I don't want to spend silly money. I would prefer to go into a shop to buy, but will buy online if necessary.

I've seen this one, but there are a few disappointing reviews.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VTT571-4-Slice-Toaster-Warburtons/dp/B00TPM4TZG
Page 1
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 24th Feb 18, 7:17 PM
    • 3,024 Posts
    • 3,119 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 24th Feb 18, 7:17 PM
    • 24th Feb 18, 7:17 PM
    I bought a toaster from Asda that will toast larger (or proper) sized slices of bread. I think it was either £10 or £12. It wasn't a fancy stainless steel, show-off, bit of kitchen equipment, but it toasts bread very well! This is the one I bought (£11 actually) https://direct.asda.com/george/home-garden/toasters/george-home-2-slice-toaster-with-long-slots/001595893,default,pd.html
    • basill
    • By basill 24th Feb 18, 7:43 PM
    • 1,188 Posts
    • 569 Thanks
    basill
    • 24th Feb 18, 7:43 PM
    • 24th Feb 18, 7:43 PM
    I've seen this one, but there are a few disappointing reviews.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VTT571-4-Slice-Toaster-Warburtons/dp/B00TPM4TZG
    Originally posted by kingfisherblue

We bought the 2 slice model, its a nice shiny thing with large slots but made very uneven toast. If one side was brown, the other would be hardly cooked.

Amazon purchase so it was returned.

B
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 24th Feb 18, 9:50 PM
    • 12,322 Posts
    • 8,320 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 24th Feb 18, 9:50 PM
    • 24th Feb 18, 9:50 PM
    We make our own bread and use Dualit. I'm not sure if that is standard or less than, in size terms. But it's a great toaster and is at least 15 years old. Still toasts our bread evenly.
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 24th Feb 18, 10:47 PM
    • 7,796 Posts
    • 17,019 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    • 24th Feb 18, 10:47 PM
    • 24th Feb 18, 10:47 PM
    I bought a toaster from Asda that will toast larger (or proper) sized slices of bread. I think it was either £10 or £12. It wasn't a fancy stainless steel, show-off, bit of kitchen equipment, but it toasts bread very well! This is the one I bought (£11 actually) https://direct.asda.com/george/home-garden/toasters/george-home-2-slice-toaster-with-long-slots/001595893,default,pd.html
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    £11 is ideal - thank you. I don't want anything fancy, I just want a toaster that will toast a full slice of bread without me having to turn it part way through, and end up with a well done stripe across the middle . This is exactly what I'm looking for, thank you.

Thanks also to the other two posters who commented. Basill - this was a pricey toaster for me (but I do have £25 credit with Amazon at the moment, so it wouldn't have actually cost me too much), but your comments reflect some of the reviews that I read. Thank you.

Theonlywayisup - Dualit tend to be out of my price range I'm afraid. They have a great reputation, but I can't justify spending so much on a piece of kitchen equipment that is used only a couple of times a week.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 15th May 18, 7:06 AM
    • 14,405 Posts
    • 19,291 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    • 15th May 18, 7:06 AM
    • 15th May 18, 7:06 AM
    We make our own bread and use Dualit. I'm not sure if that is standard or less than, in size terms. But it's a great toaster and is at least 15 years old. Still toasts our bread evenly.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    We have one too but they are silly money new.

Ours was £20 off eBay.
    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 15th May 18, 3:12 PM
    • 8,726 Posts
    • 9,074 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 15th May 18, 3:12 PM
    • 15th May 18, 3:12 PM
    This begs the question - How big is your bread..?

• Tom99
    • By Tom99 15th May 18, 3:20 PM
    • 2,393 Posts
    • 1,613 Thanks
    Tom99
    • 15th May 18, 3:20 PM
    • 15th May 18, 3:20 PM
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    I have the same and a crumpet will fit in as well, just about.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

2,373Users online

Martin's Twitter