Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • icicat
    • By icicat 23rd Feb 18, 10:59 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 3Thanks
    icicat
    Royal Mail sent my parcel where??
    • 23rd Feb 18, 10:59 PM
    Royal Mail sent my parcel where?? 23rd Feb 18 at 10:59 PM
    Hello all,
    I sent a piece of artwork I made to South Korea. I even took a photo of the address I wrote on the box clearly says SOUTH KOREA, and to prove it the Royal Mail receipt says 'destination Koria (S)'

So today I check the tracking number and it says: 'Your item, posted on 15/02/18 with reference *** has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in BOLIVIA.'

Now unless it is somehow sent to Bolivia as part of transit to South Korea (which I highly doubt!) Royal Mail has made a major f***k up here and sent my parcel to a completely random destination!? If so how can I trust them with my business? I remember last time I tried to get a refund from them after they sent my package to the return address, and getting fobbed off as they said it was delivered... to the bloody return address! I did everything right and now I will have to make the artwork again as this is my fault for using this crappy service? Might have to send it fedex or something next time and charge the customer a higher postage fee.

Just wondering if anyone else has had Royal Mail send their packages to random places? What alternative postage company would you recommend?
Page 2
    • timbstoke
    • By timbstoke 28th Feb 18, 5:15 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    timbstoke
    There's no reason to suspect that the package is even lost. Bolivia would be a perfectly acceptable transfer point for cargo to South Korea. I can't imagine SK gets enough mail from the UK to justify having dedicated flights.
    • icicat
    • By icicat 1st Mar 18, 11:49 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    icicat
    Hey all, thanks for the plentiful answers and discussion. It all really helps with my understanding as to what the hell is going on with this parcel. That was a typo, Koria is Korea on receipt.

Going back to the tracking info and still on it's way to Bolivia? How can it still be on it's way to Bolivia?? 'Your item, posted on 15/02/18 with reference has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in BOLIVIA.'

I sent this thing first class and feels like it's been put on a boat or something. I did send this via the post office, though will probably just avoid it from now on. Ques are ridiculous anyway. Much better quicker to post via Mailbox store. The client who I posted this to is also very distressed as he needed it sent quickly, so I may now have to do the work all over again and send it out again. Just wondering if I should risk using Royal mail again or another service? I'll wait another 15 days and see where it's at then.

timbstoke: I really hope so, what I sent I really don't want to have to make again as it's very time consuming work I don't think I got the higher insurance so will be compensated a measly 20 if all is lost.
    • icicat
    • By icicat 6th Mar 18, 7:57 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    icicat
    It's still 'On its way to Bolivia' folks In that time I sent a parcel to the US and it arrived in under two weeks. I think this is officially lost as it hasn't even reached Bolivia I think sending to the US is more reliable. Next time I'm going to insure this to the fullest amount possible. Can't deal with this problem again.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 6th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    • 12,221 Posts
    • 8,255 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    It's still 'On its way to Bolivia' folks In that time I sent a parcel to the US and it arrived in under two weeks. I think this is officially lost as it hasn't even reached Bolivia I think sending to the US is more reliable. Next time I'm going to insure this to the fullest amount possible. Can't deal with this problem again.
    Originally posted by icicat
    It may be lost, it may be in transit, it may even be in Bolivia awaiting their customs (before the mis-delivery is spotted).

Either way, whilst it's annoying, there's not a lot you can do. It can happen to any parcel at any time, unfortunately it happened to yours. Make a claim and apologise to your client.

Couriers are no different by the way, they mis-sort too.
    • icicat
    • By icicat 7th Mar 18, 11:00 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    icicat
    Yeah it's screwed. The information should have updated at least. I think next time I will insure the item for the extra cost. Though for more expensive and hard to replace items I don't think I can ever trust Royal Mail to deliver to countries other than the US. Might have to go with DHL or something and get the client to pay more. I now have to sacrifice half a day replicating this commission again. Sucks as I did everything right and feel like this service has kicked me in the groin
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

176Posts Today

1,634Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin