Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 23rd Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    • 19,732Posts
    • 1,117,701Thanks
    Daphne01
    Captchas again
    • 23rd Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    Captchas again 23rd Feb 18 at 4:31 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with them?

The pics come up but I can't select any of them so have to refresh time and time again, now it states to come back later as they think my computer is sending automated requests

It's very frustrating
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

Page 3
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 3rd Jul 18, 2:19 PM
    • 19,732 Posts
    • 1,117,701 Thanks
    Daphne01
    I have a folder full of Captcha comps to enter now, up to date virtually apart from them but have no joy in private browsers, ordinary browsers (various inc FF Opera and Chrome) using my Amazon Fire, iPhone, iMac, tethering to iphone and even a broadband dongle

Nothing works, you have to laugh at the lengths you need to go to and the hoops you have to jump through. In the end.......still no joy

Smile, there's always someone worse off than you

• mec
    • By mec 3rd Jul 18, 3:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mec
    I have had this problem on and off for months and have tried all the tricks I can. I have even asked sites (including this very one) to reconsider their use of them, but it feels like wading through treacle as no one seems to take it seriously.

I'm in communication with a lady on the Google Chrome help forum who has made suggestions that have either worked temporarily, or not. She is now escalating the problem.

May I suggest that you all contribute to the thread (you may have to register to the site) - perhaps collectively we can make a difference?

I am not permitted to post the link here, but if you google for the Google Chrome help forum and then search for recaptcha V2 you will find it.

Let's hope we can get this sorted.........
    • Enigmatic Me
    • By Enigmatic Me 3rd Jul 18, 6:33 PM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 15,054 Thanks
    Enigmatic Me
    I have posted on the google forums posts re this problem on a few occasions, the first time over a year ago. I am afraid it has all fallen on deaf ears.

Similarly my home post code if you google it takes you to a completely different street about a mile and a half away from where I live which causes endless problems for deliveries etc. I have had numerous discussions on the google maps forums going back to October 2015. One guy said he was taking ownership of the problem and promised it would be sorted. That was in 2017. It is still not sorted, the thread has been closed and the person who promised the help does now not reply.
    The best things in life are free.....
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 4th Jul 18, 1:40 PM
    • 19,732 Posts
    • 1,117,701 Thanks
    Daphne01
    Last night I decided to reformat my iPhone then this morning didn't log into any social media, MSE or anything else after tethering to my mac. I've just entered about 100 bookmarked captcha comps.

There were a few issues but I was able use the sound captcha instead!
    Very happy, I'm not brilliant with tech so I was well chuffed!!

• Enigmatic Me
    • By Enigmatic Me 5th Jul 18, 4:03 PM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 15,054 Thanks
    Enigmatic Me
    I cannot get them to work at all today in an incognito tab. They are always click the car, the pictures are really grainy, goes to a white square and takes ages before the new picture appears. Despite waiting patiently and getting them right it won’t let me go on and I then get the pop up box mentioned above.

However if I take the WiFi off my phone and use my mobile data they work perfectly.

I just cannot understand it.
    • mec
    • By mec 8th Jul 18, 3:05 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mec
    Recaptcha - Virgin media?
    Just out of interest, I'm on Virgin media - is everyone else who is having problems also on Virgin?
    • chocolateone
    • By chocolateone 8th Jul 18, 3:37 PM
    • 4,579 Posts
    • 268,367 Thanks
    chocolateone
    I am also on Virgin, I can enter at my parents home, they are on Talk Talk and I have been known to sit in Starbucks!

• Enigmatic Me
    • By Enigmatic Me 8th Jul 18, 6:12 PM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 15,054 Thanks
    Enigmatic Me
    No I am on BT.
    • Bobble5366
    • By Bobble5366 9th Jul 18, 7:51 AM
    • 555 Posts
    • 3,501 Thanks
    Bobble5366
    bump. Can only enter a Captcha once then that's it, I get the error message incorrect-captcha-sol - any one else ?? any tips to get around this ?
    • MaineBlue
    • By MaineBlue 11th Jul 18, 2:33 AM
    • 15,374 Posts
    • 2,130,719 Thanks
    MaineBlue
    Driving me nuts now. I complete the captach. Submit the comp. Then it tells me I have a captcha error.
    Repeat process for eternity
    S Aguero (16); Y Toure (45); S Aguero (47); S Nasri (50)
    E Dzeko (1); E Dzeko (56); Y Toure (90)

• Kandboys
    • By Kandboys 11th Jul 18, 10:11 AM
    • 1,424 Posts
    • 5,780 Thanks
    Kandboys
    Driving me nuts too, just will not go through! Have tried everything arrgghhh!!
    Thank you to everyone for sharing competitions!
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 29th Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    • 19,732 Posts
    • 1,117,701 Thanks
    Daphne01
    Well I must have been doing something right because I can do captchas again! Woop!!

I was using my iPhone tethered then a 3 dongle but now I can solve them with my normal connection on a private or trackable browser. Sometimes the pics won't work but the vocal ones do.

I'm chuffed

Hope you all get them sorted too

• cinders59
    • By cinders59 9th Aug 18, 1:50 PM
    • 5,675 Posts
    • 59,360 Thanks
    cinders59
    I am having problems today, when I see road signs coming up I know I have no hope, I refresh to change and it tells me I have done it too many times and may be spamming. I have tried every browser but is happening on all now and there have been lots of radio ones to do today
    Thanks to all who post comps
    ITV winners membersclub#2
    • Defoe
    • By Defoe 9th Aug 18, 5:25 PM
    • 514 Posts
    • 6,914 Thanks
    Defoe
    Am I just lucky?
    A month ago I decided that I would copy the URL on any competitions that require Captcha completion into an incognito window and enter them there. I don't mean open the MSE page there, just copy the URL and use "paste and go".

While I find some issues with some of the screens (cars) I can complete Captchas and enter that way. It is a little clumsy and awkward but, for me, it has (so far) overcome my problems with Captchas.
    Still cracking on....

Wins in 2018: 58 prizes realised value £1,813
    Wins in 2017: 53 prizes realised value £2,556
    Wins in 2016: 51 prizes realised value £790
    Wins in 2015: 81 prizes realised value £2,065
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 14th Aug 18, 3:27 AM
    • 2,233 Posts
    • 61,830 Thanks
    hdh74
    The pictures are all really grainy for me now, and as I'm partially-sighted, I haven't a hope in hell. That's when they load, half of them sit there hanging for ages and I have to keep refreshing.
    • emmamed
    • By emmamed 10th Oct 18, 9:51 AM
    • 767 Posts
    • 8,766 Thanks
    emmamed
    I started getting the following message since the weekend.

Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our help page

ive tried incognito page in google and turned my router off for a few hours, but still cant get it to work. driving me nuts, cant even sign into my national lottery account.
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 14th Oct 18, 10:57 PM
    • 19,732 Posts
    • 1,117,701 Thanks
    Daphne01
    Mine are the same again but oddly I can enter them when tethering to my iPhone and using it as a hotspot.

I hope Google can sort this mess out, they really are starting to bug a lot of people

• pleaseme
    • By pleaseme 15th Oct 18, 9:01 AM
    • 477 Posts
    • 1,379 Thanks
    pleaseme
    I’m the same l can’t do any completions that have captchas it’s driving me mad, any ideas?
    • emmamed
    • By emmamed 15th Oct 18, 11:32 PM
    • 767 Posts
    • 8,766 Thanks
    emmamed
    Update from the other day

Still cant do these and ive retest my router, turned it off over night, tethering from mobile, deleted history etc etv

Strange thing is its only my laptop and ipad OH can access the sites I cant.
    • Enigmatic Me
    • By Enigmatic Me 16th Oct 18, 7:35 AM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 15,054 Thanks
    Enigmatic Me
    I initially thought the problem maybe something to do with the Broadband provider. We changed to BT a few months ago and for me, that is when the captcha problems started. The fact that they work no problem on my phone using mobile data backed up this theory.

I have a home laptop, a work laptop and an Ipad. On both my home laptop and Ipad I can only get the captchas to work in an incognito page and sometimes then they are a struggle.

Yesterday I decided to try some of the radio weekly comps on my work laptop. Couldn't believe it when I didn't even have to select a captcha, I just got the green tick and hey ho submit which all went through perfectly.

So, my theory of it being to do with Broadband provider is completely out of the window as I work from home and obviously use BT on my work laptop. Both laptops are windows, both using chrome browser.

Now I am completely baffled as to what causes this very very frustrating issue.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,175Posts Today

7,646Users online

Martin's Twitter