Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 23rd Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    • 18,629Posts
    • 1,035,770Thanks
    Daphne01
    Captchas again
    • 23rd Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    Captchas again 23rd Feb 18 at 4:31 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with them?

The pics come up but I can't select any of them so have to refresh time and time again, now it states to come back later as they think my computer is sending automated requests

It's very frustrating
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

Page 1
    • One-Eye
    • By One-Eye 23rd Feb 18, 4:44 PM
    • 42,102 Posts
    • 6,568,220 Thanks
    One-Eye
    • 23rd Feb 18, 4:44 PM
    • 23rd Feb 18, 4:44 PM
    As foretold a couple of years ago.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5439766
    • DiJones
    • By DiJones 23rd Feb 18, 5:12 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    DiJones
    • 23rd Feb 18, 5:12 PM
    capychas again
    • 23rd Feb 18, 5:12 PM
    Did you look at the date of the link?
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 23rd Feb 18, 5:14 PM
    • 5,562 Posts
    • 96,634 Thanks
    Blulu
    • 23rd Feb 18, 5:14 PM
    Originally posted by One-Eye
    LOL - I don't know if you 'got me' 2 years ago, but you definitely did today. Ya rascal.

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 23rd Feb 18, 5:14 PM
    • 18,629 Posts
    • 1,035,770 Thanks
    Daphne01
    Unfortunately I wasn't around at that point but I did get it! Yes they are

• Miap
    • By Miap 23rd Feb 18, 5:50 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 1,393 Thanks
    Miap
    • 23rd Feb 18, 5:50 PM
    • 23rd Feb 18, 5:50 PM
    I gave up on the CTW Bauer jobbies last night, as it was maddening trying to do them. I thought it was a glitch at my end. Thank you for the posts that have now explained what's going on.
    • chocolateone
    • By chocolateone 24th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 267,951 Thanks
    chocolateone
    • 24th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 24th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    Driving me loopy! I now have 87 competitions in my Enter Later/Captcha Folder.

It's not going to happen is it!

I have emailed two companies because I couldn't get past the captcha to consent to email subscription, no response as yet.

I really don't think companies are aware of the problem so I explained the difficulty in entering their competitions.

I came across a blog this week where I had to enter a captcha to make a comment!

I have tried using the incogito window and I had a google which said try turning off VPN, which I did, made no difference whatsoever, better turn it back on me thinks.

Anybody found a solution?

• Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 26th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    • 18,629 Posts
    • 1,035,770 Thanks
    Daphne01
    • 26th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    • 26th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    Driving me loopy! I now have 87 competitions in my Enter Later/Captcha Folder.

It's not going to happen is it!

I have emailed two companies because I couldn't get past the captcha to consent to email subscription, no response as yet.

I really don't think companies are aware of the problem so I explained the difficulty in entering their competitions.

I came across a blog this week where I had to enter a captcha to make a comment!

I have tried using the incogito window and I had a google which said try turning off VPN, which I did, made no difference whatsoever, better turn it back on me thinks.

Anybody found a solution?
    Originally posted by chocolateone
    Nothing yet. I always get one when I've just got on line and I'm going to try using the audio captcha instead to see if it goes through ok.

I can't today because I forgot and carried on as usual and it still won't let me try again

• chocolateone
    • By chocolateone 27th Feb 18, 8:34 AM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 267,951 Thanks
    chocolateone
    • 27th Feb 18, 8:34 AM
    • 27th Feb 18, 8:34 AM
    I have emailed seven companies to date and had really positive feedback. I have been entered manually into the competitions and they are going to look at the captcha (which they use via a third party)

I have also sent a few tweets, again unaware of the problem.

I also tried the audio option, banned straight away!

I am that fed up now I have stopped putting them in my folder to enter later.

• Enigmatic Me
    • By Enigmatic Me 27th Feb 18, 1:12 PM
    • 1,435 Posts
    • 14,676 Thanks
    Enigmatic Me
    Since I posted in the thread below, I just cannot get captchas to work at all on my laptop or ipad on any browser unless I go incognito. It is driving me absolutely mad. I have sent three email to them re this and posted in the google forums but they have never responded.

The pictures where you have to click until none left take an age to reload, you click, click, click and eventually got the tick. Then you cannot submit the comp as you get a message telling you the captcha was incorrect.

What is even more annoying is more and more sites are using these now even to log into your account. Quidco springs to mind for this.

I really wish they would go back to the two words as the picture ones are a complete and utter nightmare

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5753235&highlight=captchas
    The best things in life are free.....
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 27th Feb 18, 1:24 PM
    • 18,629 Posts
    • 1,035,770 Thanks
    Daphne01
    From a message I had on the google forum they have updated to version 2 with lots of different images but I don't get them for some reason and it seems I'm not the only one

I did the same thing this morning re the audio captcha and had the same, it blocked me straight away.

• chocolateone
    • By chocolateone 27th Feb 18, 3:24 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 267,951 Thanks
    chocolateone
    My tick just fades away on roads, cars, store fronts, very rarely I can enter on signs. Fire hydrants, bridges and crossways always work but are as rare as hens teeth.

Incognito used to work, alas not any longer.
    Last edited by chocolateone; 27-02-2018 at 3:27 PM.

• Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 27th Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    • 18,629 Posts
    • 1,035,770 Thanks
    Daphne01
    My tick just fades away on roads, cars, store fronts, very rarely I can enter on signs. Fire hydrants, bridges and crossways always work but are as rare as hens teeth.

Incognito used to work, alas not any longer.
    Originally posted by chocolateone
    I started to get the hydrants etc but not for the last few days and the only pics that will select are road signs but now it just loops, I select them time and time again and then it blocks me.

I can't get them to worki in any browser whether incognito, no tracking or anything else

• KITTYKOMP
    • By KITTYKOMP 27th Feb 18, 7:22 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 482 Thanks
    KITTYKOMP
    wow mystery solved, thanks. Incognito still works a bit but not 100%
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 2nd Mar 18, 6:06 PM
    • 18,629 Posts
    • 1,035,770 Thanks
    Daphne01
    Mine seem to have been a little more sinister

I found a huge list of JS files with one entitled "recaptcha_en.js"

Some of the code here:

(function(){function h(){return function(){}}function aa(a){return function(b){this[a]=b}}function k(a){return function(){return this[a]}}function ba(a){return function(){return a}}
    var n,ca="function"==typeof Object.defineProperties?Object.defineProperty:func tion(a,b,c){a!=Array.prototype&&a!=Object.prototyp e&&(a[b]=c.value)},da="undefined"!=typeof window&&window===this?this:"undefined"!=typeof global&&null!=global?global:this,ea=function(){ea= h();da.Symbol||(da.Symbol=fa)},fa=function(){var a=0;return function(b){return"jscomp_symbol_"+(b||"")+a++}}() ,ia=function(){ea();var a=da.Symbol.iterator;a||

There was even one when opened a browser page popped up with:

SECURITY WARNING: Please treat the URL above as you would your password and do not share it with anyone. See the Facebook Help Center for more information.

I don't use the save FB password "thing" using your account pic or anything else other than roboform.

If there have been any odd posts on my account, anything nasty etc please let me know on this post (I don't use pm's)

If there has been anything please accept my apologies for these disgusting people who are still hacking into my accounts and laptop

• Blulu
    • By Blulu 2nd Mar 18, 8:10 PM
    • 5,562 Posts
    • 96,634 Thanks
    Blulu
    Ouch! I don't really 'get' most of what you're saying, (sorry, I'm about as techie as a Brillo Pad) but I'm sorry you're having a hard time with this, and hope you get it resolved quickly and without too much hassle.

Blu X
    • Enigmatic Me
    • By Enigmatic Me 3rd Mar 18, 7:41 AM
    • 1,435 Posts
    • 14,676 Thanks
    Enigmatic Me
    I cannot get in to my EDF energy account because not only do they want your log in ID and Password, they also want you to complete the picture captcha and no amount of trying will get these stupid things to work.

If I knew Google would listen (been trying for two years to get them to correct our post code on google maps... but that is another story) I would record myself trying to complete these ridiculous so called anti spam tasks.
    The best things in life are free.....
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 3rd Mar 18, 10:16 AM
    • 5,562 Posts
    • 96,634 Thanks
    Blulu
    I cannot get in to my EDF energy account because not only do they want your log in ID and Password, they also want you to complete the picture captcha and no amount of trying will get these stupid things to work.

If I knew Google would listen (been trying for two years to get them to correct our post code on google maps... but that is another story) I would record myself trying to complete these ridiculous so called anti spam tasks.
    Originally posted by Enigmatic Me
    If you haven't already tried this, might be worth contacting EDF too. Doubt they'll be happy that the app they're using is giving their customers problems.

Blu X
    • ukloks
    • By ukloks 4th Mar 18, 1:10 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 552 Thanks
    ukloks
    Picture Captchas on CTWs?
    Are there picture captchas on the CTWs? When I do them, I get a video which plays very quickly.
    • chocolateone
    • By chocolateone 5th Mar 18, 1:03 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 267,951 Thanks
    chocolateone
    I don't really understand JS is that Javascript? Would uninstalling and reinstalling help?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,269Posts Today

8,416Users online

Martin's Twitter