Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 22nd Feb 18, 3:10 PM
    • 238Posts
    • 98Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: Millions with basic bank accounts...
    • 22nd Feb 18, 3:10 PM
    MSE News: Millions with basic bank accounts... 22nd Feb 18 at 3:10 PM
    More than five million people with basic bank accounts are unable to 'pay at the pump' when buying fuel at many petrol stations because of a block put on their debit card by their bank, MoneySavingExpert.com can reveal...
    Read the full story:
    'Millions with basic bank accounts barred from paying at the pump'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 28-02-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 2
    • pje
    • By pje 1st Mar 18, 1:10 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    pje
    Asda filling stations are blocking their own Asda credit card, so it would appear that banking limits have little to do with it.
    My card has no balance on it, so it has nothing to with card limits either.
    Seems to be more to do with incompetence!
    • IanMSpencer
    • By IanMSpencer 1st Mar 18, 3:12 PM
    • 1,462 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    IanMSpencer
    Asda filling stations are blocking their own Asda credit card, so it would appear that banking limits have little to do with it.
    My card has no balance on it, so it has nothing to with card limits either.
    Seems to be more to do with incompetence!
    Originally posted by pje
    It may be to do with scamming - you can get a lot of fuel if you can go from site to site with a card and only be billed 1 a time for the credit limit test. We've had fuel thefts locally where they put containers in boot and back seat and pick up 250 of fuel across 3 local stations in drive offs. Less risk with a stolen card and pay at pump.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 4th Mar 18, 7:37 PM
    • 4,552 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    I've never understood why there isn't an option to prepay a set amount before filling. This would remove the potential for overspending and also stop people driving off without paying?
    Originally posted by Peanuckle
    Tesco machines usually let you set a or litre value and will stop when you reach it.
    • pje
    • By pje 19th Mar 18, 10:53 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    pje
    Used the Adsa card last night and it works now
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,516Posts Today

7,893Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin