Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrBolton
    • By MrBolton 22nd Feb 18, 12:04 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MrBolton
    Letter Off DRP
    • 22nd Feb 18, 12:04 PM
    Letter Off DRP 22nd Feb 18 at 12:04 PM
    Hi,
    I'm hoping I'm not posting this in the wrong Area, if so apologies.
    I received a parking ticket while being parked at Nandos at the Middlebrook in Bolton. The car I was in was stupidly parked in a disabled bay, the whole shopping centre was busy, and there was a space so we pulled in. As you can imagine there were loads of people around, no one saw any sign indicating it was a disabled bay. We did go into nandos to eat though.
    I emailed UKPC to appeal this and advised of how busy the area was and a space was a space. They have declined the appeal, so I have now ignored the email.
    Today I have received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, advising that I now owe 145 and have 14 days to pay or they will recommend to their client to take court action against me.

There's is a note on the bottom of the letter stating:
    You've probably heard people say that parking charges aren't lawful and that motorists shouldn't pay them. However in November 2015 a parking operator, like our client, took a motorist to court for a parking charge and won. The supreme court ruled that the parking charge was lawful. This ruling is seen as an important 'test case' for parking operators, like our client.

Any help would be massively appreciated?

Thanks
    Last edited by MrBolton; 22-02-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Page 2
    • blisteringblue
    • By blisteringblue 12th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    • 1,080 Posts
    • 1,963 Thanks
    blisteringblue
    Hi Guys,

Just got the 2nd Letter off the DRP?

The First Line of the Letter states

'Notice of intended court action - unpaid parking charge of 145.

Any Advice?
    Originally posted by MrBolton

I had about 4 of these before they stopped. The next one will quote a nice reduction in price too.

Ours was parking in the housing estate behind the middlebrook back in 2014 but it's all gone quiet for over a year now.

Fully expecting the UKPC speculative court punt eventually but will cross that bridge when or if it comes.
    • MrBolton
    • By MrBolton 18th Apr 18, 6:34 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrBolton
    Evening all! Just got home to a lovely letter off Zenith Collections.

It's the exact same layout of the DRP letters. This threatening court action if I don't pay within 14 days.

It does say in the bottom corner 'zenith collections is a trading name of DRPL.

Any advice?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 18th Apr 18, 6:36 PM
    • 9,202 Posts
    • 9,601 Thanks
    pogofish
    Post Four of the Newbies Sticky covers all of these jokers completely - All the advice you need awaits.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    • 9,704 Posts
    • 12,762 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Evening all! Just got home to a lovely letter off Zenith Collections.

It's the exact same layout of the DRP letters. This threatening court action if I don't pay within 14 days.

It does say in the bottom corner 'zenith collections is a trading name of DRPL.

Any advice?
    DRP and Zenith are both down and outs, they come from
    the sewers so IGNORE THE PLEBBIES
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • MrBolton
    • By MrBolton 16th May 18, 6:54 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrBolton
    Oh Hey! Another loving letter
    Afternoon all, so today I have received another letter stating my final chance to settle, or they will proceed with telling their client to take court action.

They have given me a reduced rate of 100, which they were even so kind so tell me that this was 20% off the original fine! How loving of them haha!

Am I still to ignore this?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th May 18, 7:13 PM
    • 9,704 Posts
    • 12,762 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Afternoon all, so today I have received another letter stating my final chance to settle, or they will proceed with telling their client to take court action.

They have given me a reduced rate of 100, which they were even so kind so tell me that this was 20% off the original fine! How loving of them haha!

Yes ignore their rubbish ..... they invented the word cretins

Let them tell their client they failed, doubt even the PPC's
    take any notice of DRP
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th May 18, 7:13 PM
    • 11,374 Posts
    • 11,907 Thanks
    KeithP
    Posts #23 and #24 above covers your situation.
    Are you reading the replies you're getting?

There really is no need to tell us about every debt collector's letter.

Please post again if you receive either a Letter Before Claim or official court correspondence and you still need assistance.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 18, 8:30 PM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,472 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

Please don't post about debt letters, please spare us, read this:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74294207#post74294207

There really is nothing more to say and we have no time on this forum to spare on this pointless phase that you should be just laughing at, having searched the forum if you really want to bore yourself rigid. Not stopping you, do read other threads and you'll see why we don't want to know.

Please please please use the forum as intended.

Search it.

Read the sticky thread 4th post.

Inform yourself but this is the last time I will reply about debt letters on your thread, as we really couldn't care less if we never saw one again, and all you need is already done to death on thousands of threads for a decade. You will understand when you search the forum.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 16-05-2018 at 8:33 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

1,827Users online

Martin's Twitter