Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chriswright
    • By chriswright 21st Feb 18, 5:37 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    chriswright
    M&S current account
    • 21st Feb 18, 5:37 PM
    M&S current account 21st Feb 18 at 5:37 PM
    My wife and I are about to each apply to open one of these. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of successfully or unsuccessfully applying?
    Thanks for any thoughts,
    Chris
Page 3
    • badger09
    • By badger09 3rd Oct 18, 3:01 PM
    • 6,436 Posts
    • 5,864 Thanks
    badger09
    Does anyone have the answer?? Still no debit card or PIN by the way....
    Originally posted by Sea Shell
    I can't be bothered with them anymore...if my final stuff ever arrives, it's just going in the 'dormant' account drawer.
    Sorry Sea Shell, although I have this account, I can't remember the order of things arriving. However, the length of time you've had to wait is unacceptable.

I would phone them today and get this sorted. If they can't, then it is time for a formal complaint.

https://bank.marksandspencer.com/explore/complaints/

When it is sorted, I wouldn't leave it dormant, when it gives you access to a 5% regular saver
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 3rd Oct 18, 3:50 PM
    • 1,054 Posts
    • 1,683 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Apparently you need 4 dd's to switch now, so not sure I can be bothered anymore. I bet they don't have a free phone number either!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 8th Oct 18, 2:31 AM
    • 652 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    Rich2808
    Apparently you need 4 dd's to switch now, so not sure I can be bothered anymore. I bet they don't have a free phone number either!!
    Will the 4 DDs requirement also apply in future to the regular saver account on opening now? You only need to maintain 2 active DDs on the bank account to open the 5% regular saver at present.

Oddly FD and HSBC offer a similar 5% regular saver but require no DDs
    Last edited by Rich2808; 08-10-2018 at 2:34 AM.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 12th Oct 18, 12:07 PM
    • 1,054 Posts
    • 1,683 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Still no debit card or pin, and after 10 mins in hold, I gave up. Complaint to come. Just want to close the account now. I'm done with M&S.
    • jasonAAA
    • By jasonAAA 13th Oct 18, 5:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jasonAAA
    Switch bonus
    Hi. Hope someone can help. I opened an account with M and S on 13th september.

I have just got it all setup and ready to switch. Obviously the criteria has changed from 2 to 4 DD.
    I have just spoken to CS and they informed that there has always been a 1000 pay in per month condition. I cant remember ever seeing this. Can someone confirm? Thank you
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 13th Oct 18, 5:26 PM
    • 30,348 Posts
    • 18,251 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    Hi. Hope someone can help. I opened an account with M and S on 13th september.

I have just got it all setup and ready to switch. Obviously the criteria has changed from 2 to 4 DD.
    Originally posted by jasonAAA
    For those applying from 28/9 onwards. You applied before so need 2 DDs on your switch. See condition 2(a) of the current incentive T&Cs.
    I have just spoken to CS and they informed that there has always been a 1000 pay in per month condition. I cant remember ever seeing this. Can someone confirm? Thank you
    See the current condition 6(b). That now says 1,250 per month. What does that condition say in the incentive T&Cs applicable to you? You did save a copy? Maybe they sent you one in the post? I'm fairly certain it used to be 1,000 per month for the ongoing 5 per month addition to the gift card.
    • jasonAAA
    • By jasonAAA 13th Oct 18, 5:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jasonAAA
    Thanks. You answered my question perfectly. Im not particularly interested in the extra 5 per month. The criteria was clear at 2 DD no minimum pay in and you receive a 125 gift card. This was point blank denied by CS. I also do have the T and C's which is why my confusion arose. Just wanted a second opinion. Thanks again.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 4th Nov 18, 7:39 AM
    • 1,054 Posts
    • 1,683 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Still no debit card or pin, and after 10 mins in hold, I gave up. Complaint to come. Just want to close the account now. I'm done with M&S.
    Well M&S are up to their usual standard. Wrote a letter of complaint, including an instruction to close the account on 19th October. Their own T&C's say that they'll respond within 5 working days, and guess what.....nothing!!!

Even allowing for postal time, they should have received it by 23rd, and responded by 30th, so surely any response should have been here by now.... now what...FOS????

(just had a read of some of the comments on the FB page....oh dear...not very good at all)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

34Posts Today

4,144Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin