Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 19th Feb 18, 4:33 PM
    • 268Posts
    • 74Thanks
    MSE Luke
    Ive invested in Bitcoin its been a...
    • 19th Feb 18, 4:33 PM
    Ive invested in Bitcoin its been a... 19th Feb 18 at 4:33 PM
    'You know what, the headline is wrong. I didn't invest - I gambled. I bought 250's worth of cryptocurrency - Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin - in December. I know nothing about them, I just saw the price rising and thought I could make a quick buck.'

Read MSE Guy's full blog: 'I've invested in Bitcoin - it's been a roller-coaster. Here's what I've learned'
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 19-02-2018 at 4:35 PM.
Page 3
    • grey gym sock
    • By grey gym sock 10th May 18, 11:00 PM
    • 4,339 Posts
    • 3,871 Thanks
    grey gym sock
    If the fiat system works then why are interest rates where they are, global debt at levels never seen in human history and the printing presses running at full steam to prop up the artificially inflated markets and housing.

The current state is not sustainable and it will all end badly sooner rather than later.
    Originally posted by markj113
    you're conflating the fiat money system with global debt. not the same thing.

there are some unresolved issues with excessive debt of certain kinds. though all of all kinds - e.g. there is no real problem with sovereign debt issued by the same country that issues the currency the debt is denominated in (e.g. gilts issued in sterling, or US treasuries issued in $).

there are solutions to these problems. i won't bore you (i already have, you say? ).

but they don't involve switching from fiat (which is the best currency system known). the gold standard is (as has been mentioned) one reason the 1930s depression was so bad. and cryptos as currency (at least: the ones invented so far) would be bad for the same reasons: deflationary by design, no ability for government to adjust the money supply as needed to prime the economy.
    Last edited by grey gym sock; 10-05-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    • Fatbritabroad
    • By Fatbritabroad 11th May 18, 7:36 AM
    • 353 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    Fatbritabroad
    It would be a huge gamble, I already have just about more than I can spend, so there would be no upside, with a huge downside. So there isn't any sense in me taking on the risk of bitcoin.
    Originally posted by chucknorris
    This is is exactly what I said when my dad (retired abroad to a tax efficient area with over 2m in his pension and two properties) rang me and said he'd heard of bitcoin and some people had made alot of money from it. I said yes and others have lost a fortune so bearing in mind you could literally lose everything how much would you put in. He said 10k. I said okay so if that doubles or even quadruples while nice is that going to have any fundamental effect on your lifestyle. He said no. I said well there you go. PS please lend me 10k lol
    • msallen
    • By msallen 12th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 812 Posts
    • 894 Thanks
    msallen
    Revolutionary platform that does thousands of profitable trades for you on crypto exchanges automatically. Makes money while you sleep!

Accidentally found a website with information about the new automated trading system on crypto exchanges. The system works very well. Brings income about 0.5% every day. There is no subscription fee. The Commission is charged only from profitable trades.

I had opened a ticket and they have funded my account with 16 USD. The support team is amazing it seems. They are always providing me information about the thing I should do. It is working well and good. People PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE test this BOT out. This is amazing.
    Originally posted by JordiRoca
    If you're going to try to make a career as a spammer then you need to remember to mention the name of the scam you're attempting to push
    • Mark_Nelson
    • By Mark_Nelson 17th May 18, 11:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mark_Nelson
    Invest only because the price jumped - this is really stupid. Such a course of action does not bode well. If you already have to think with wisdom, then you need to study the concept and idea, which is supported by a separate cryptocurrency. And it's not a fact that this investment will be successful in the foreseeable future.
    • JustABit
    • By JustABit 19th May 18, 8:15 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JustABit
    It is funny to me how people tend to buy crypto only because of it's hype without making any research or basic knowledge. I have been cloud mining only Bitcoin for 2 years already and still not sure about all those little details. I mean, anyone can get a contract and even find some valid hashflare codes but it does not guarantee you an immediate profit for no effort put into. That's just ridiculous to me...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

167Posts Today

1,457Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin