Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 18th Feb 18, 9:29 PM
    • 5,867Posts
    • 20,067Thanks
    missymoo81
    Missyís debtfree seperation! Hugs & support needed
    • 18th Feb 18, 9:29 PM
    Missyís debtfree seperation! Hugs & support needed 18th Feb 18 at 9:29 PM
    Hi,

Iíve been on the boards a while, and always got to much love and support. Of which I am in dire need of it now. I am in the process of a very messy separation with OH. Who is unwilling to accept it. I am in the process of moving out of the marital home into a rented house with DD May(4)and DS Roo(6) And also in the process of racking up huge credit card bills to pay for every day life until the benefit system kicks in and my solicitor can get Ex OH to pay anything.

Emotionally Iím not in the best place, but need to stay sane for the littlies. Will be moving out in a week or so and need to get all of my debts and finances in check. Just wanted some friends a long the way to keep me in the right side of crazy.

Much love

Missy x
Page 3
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 12th Apr 18, 3:53 PM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 10,044 Thanks
    redofromstart
    I struggle with low calories too and try not to have huge amounts of sugar, nuts are the answer for me. Cashews, hazelnuts and almonds mostly. I like brazils, macadamias and walnuts but they are usually more expensive. I buy mine in MrL or MrAl.

MrM had 20p spaghetti and 30p pasta spirals today which I hadn't seen for a while.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 18th Apr 18, 7:01 PM
    • 5,867 Posts
    • 20,067 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Thanks hairy, nice to see you and redo thanks for that, really need to go to Aldi. Having a bit of a wobble today, Ive been so strong through all of this, I feel like its all getting a bit much today. Im embarking on a career change to a personal trainer. So I need to go on lots of courses, so I need to get them booked and paid for. Im trying to sort out childcare etc, divorce, bills, finances, building up a social network for said career change. I need to buy all new summer uniform. Ive still got health issues, Im still waiting to see a respiratory nurse. Ive got to wait for yet more blood tests as on top of the aneamia and prediabetes, they think Im cealiac, and the last blood tests showed up something up with my liver?! Feel like Im flailing about a bit!!!!! I need a nice cup of tea and a good cry I think. Im so sorry to be negative! Im just feeling a bit bleugh today.
    Last edited by missymoo81; 18-04-2018 at 8:16 PM.
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 18th Apr 18, 8:10 PM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,590 Thanks
    parsniphead
    I've just found your diary missy. Sorry to read your news. Sending you hugs.

Xxx
    My mini challenge: pay off MBNA by 31/08/18. £53.10/£502 10.57%
    Total outstanding consumer debt - £53.10/ £7864.52
    Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.Ē -Ralph Waldo Emerson
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Apr 18, 8:13 PM
    • 53,939 Posts
    • 213,720 Thanks
    beanielou
    Keep plodding.
    You can do this
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 18th Apr 18, 8:17 PM
    • 5,867 Posts
    • 20,067 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Ah hi parsniphead, thank you. And thanks beanielou. I know Ill be all
    Good, just having a moment.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Apr 18, 8:20 PM
    • 53,939 Posts
    • 213,720 Thanks
    beanielou
    I have lots of moments, or days

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 18th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    • 5,867 Posts
    • 20,067 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Lol beanielou. Still havent made that tea, should do really....
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 18th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    • 4,119 Posts
    • 28,035 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    You're coping with lots of changes and huge challenges all at once, which is exciting but also tiring and frightening. You're bound to have the odd wobble.

Treat yourself to a good book, film, or bath to relax yourself. Or can you ring a friend or relative to chat? I hope you feel better soon.
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Then save up for repairs to the house.
    Emergency Fund 1 = £560.59/Emergency Fund 2 = £0.21/Loss of Income Fund £0
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 19th Apr 18, 7:26 AM
    • 5,867 Posts
    • 20,067 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Morning, feel better this morning. Managed to order uniform last night, although not sure ill be in for delivery !!!55357;!!!56900;. Drinking tea and chilling at the moment.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 22nd Apr 18, 7:58 AM
    • 5,867 Posts
    • 20,067 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Just sitting in the garden reading and drinking tea. Quietly contemplating life, which is quite nice. Ive alrwady nipped to tesco express for milk and strawberries. Feeling vaguely more organised as managed to get summer clothes and school uniforms for smalls. Not sure what to do today. Have a dreaded childrens party at 3. Its sunny but a bit chilly here at present. Might take the small ones to the cinema....
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 22nd Apr 18, 8:43 AM
    • 828 Posts
    • 3,317 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    Sometimes the moments of greatest clarity come when drinking tea in the garden. Hope you have a good day.
    paydbx #93 £692/£8,000.
    Loan £17k - paid off in Aug 2017. Home improvement loans £3342 March 2017. £3123 in Jan 18
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 22nd Apr 18, 9:04 AM
    • 5,867 Posts
    • 20,067 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Thanks honeysuckle, the situation was only made sweeter by little miss may coming out and playing babies and helping me hang the sweet smelling washing. Little things!
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 24th Apr 18, 12:36 PM
    • 5,867 Posts
    • 20,067 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Ah just lost my post! Anyway! Just wanted to say hi. Im at work today. One of my last although spread out over a couple of weeks. I just find it all so stressful. Even getting here and taking the small ones to school! Having lots of thoughts on getting organised. Need to do write a list and get organised! Did really well and actually bought dinner for the next 4 days as keep going to Tesco every day and spending a fortune! X
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 24th Apr 18, 12:42 PM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 13,210 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Keep going Missy you can do it!

x
    ďOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.Ē
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 24th Apr 18, 7:09 PM
    • 53,939 Posts
    • 213,720 Thanks
    beanielou
    Keep plodding

***Keep plodding***
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 24th Apr 18, 7:24 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    Sorry to hear of your health issues - just what you need!

However, geting tested for a gluten allergy is a very good idea, and the thing that sprang to mind when you said you were pre-diabetic but not overweight. My sister is stick-thin, but she was diagnosed as pre-diabetic type 2, until they tested her and found that she was coeliac. Pre-diabetes disappeared overnight once she was on the proper diet.

Since my sister, one neice, one son and myself all have problems with gluten, and my mother has had problems in the past, happy to help with suggestions if that turns out to be the diagnosis!
    Last edited by CapricornLass; 24-04-2018 at 7:25 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 265.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 25th Apr 18, 7:39 AM
    • 5,867 Posts
    • 20,067 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Morning Capricornlass. Thank you! I really appreciate that! Is it gluten thats a problem for cealiac? I!!!8217;ve already cut out bread and pasta. Going to do some research!
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 27th Apr 18, 8:56 PM
    • 5,867 Posts
    • 20,067 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Ok have managed to pay some bills today and deliberately have avoided Tesco. Absolutely have to get some fruit and milk tomorrow. Wondering if I can brave Aldi with the children.... need to start cutting back a lot.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 28th Apr 18, 12:04 PM
    • 53,939 Posts
    • 213,720 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good news on the bills.
    Hope aldi goes well

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

191Posts Today

1,617Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin