Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • walkabout13000
    • By walkabout13000 18th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    walkabout13000
    Economy Energy charged wrong tariff
    • 18th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    Economy Energy charged wrong tariff 18th Feb 18 at 10:35 AM
    Hi

Just curious if anyone else has the same problem. I signed up to Economy Energy in September 2017. Switch actually went OK. Online Fixed tariff for 12 months.

Received the first bill in February 2018 and noticed that the bill was calculated using the more much expensive Evergreen tariff.

When I rang customer service they say the account is showing as the correct tariff and it is just the billing that is wrong. They have asked their billing department to calculate the correct bill, but if they have done this to all customers it would be a huge difference in charges.

If you are with Economy Energy I would suggest you check your statements to ensure you are on the correct tariff.
Page 1
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 18th Feb 18, 12:02 PM
    • 3,640 Posts
    • 2,282 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 18th Feb 18, 12:02 PM
    • 18th Feb 18, 12:02 PM
    That the advice that anyone should heed whichever supplier they are with.

I'm surprised that you haven't been checking your on-line accout to see whats been going on, September to February is a long time to wait to see if it's all working properly. Six months is far too long

Once a month is the ideal frequency to check by giving them a meter reading and making sure that your account is in order.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • beekay1943
    • By beekay1943 17th Apr 18, 11:09 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    beekay1943
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:09 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:09 AM
    Yes, I had that exact same problem re wrong tariff - along with many others!! I submitted monthly meter readings yet, despite confirmation emails from EE that they had been received, only some were shown in my Meter Reading History. In January, they advised me they were increasing the amounts of my Direct Debits "because of the colder spell of weather". My account was already over 200 in CREDIT so I challenged this increase and they subsequently agreed that the increase was NOT necessary, however they continued to take the INCREASED amounts from my bank account despite several email and letters of complaint. I complained to the Ombusdman and they have proposed that EE pay me 50 as a goodwill gesture and refund all monies due to me. EE sent me a letter confirming this course of action but, one month later, I am stil awaiting a refund. I have initiated a change of Energy Supplier but I dread to think how long I might have to wait until EE finalise my account and refund me the monies due to me. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER ECONOMY ENERGY - their inefficiencies are beyond belief!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,657Posts Today

7,693Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin