Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ellaro
    • By ellaro 16th Feb 18, 7:56 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 40Thanks
    ellaro
    90 seconds
    • 16th Feb 18, 7:56 PM
    90 seconds 16th Feb 18 at 7:56 PM
    Hi newbie here

Ive been given one of those myparkingcharge.co.uk tickets so have read up on what to do, so Ive waited for the ntk which has arrived today and will send them the IPC template in the newbies section.
    I am disabled and was ticketed for not displaying my badge, my dashcam shows me leaving the car and one and a half minutes later getting the ticket which doesnt seem time to read their signs. The IPC code says that I should be given a reasonable time and although it doesnt specify what this is it seems 10 minutes is normal.
    The IPC template talks about obtaining my details without reasonable cause for not following the IPC code of conduct so my question is how do I go about suing them for this?
Page 4
    • ellaro
    • By ellaro 29th Mar 18, 8:08 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    ellaro
    Ive been reading up on Ms Dolphin, my gosh, she really should be ashamed of herself!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 29th Mar 18, 8:36 PM
    • 8,493 Posts
    • 11,206 Thanks
    beamerguy
    When I first read about Helen Dolphin and saw it on
    the IPC web site, I thought it was an April fools joke
    instigated by the Gladstones clowns

Helen Dolphin does not have a clue
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • ellaro
    • By ellaro 17th Apr 18, 8:48 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    ellaro
    Ive had a 'Notice of intended court proceedings' from vcs' and having had a read around the forum this should be treated as a letter before claim which needs to be responded to, am I correct in this?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Apr 18, 8:53 AM
    • 37,403 Posts
    • 84,289 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I wouldn't take the chance that it is a bluff, so advise you to respond accordingly.

You probably already know, but the court guide including how to respond to an LBC is in post 2 of the NEWBIES, written by bargepole.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Apr 18, 12:24 PM
    • 61,745 Posts
    • 74,647 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Search the forum for
    'Notice of intended court proceedings'
    and read any recent VCS or Excel threads like yours, advice is there that you can follow.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • ellaro
    • By ellaro 18th Jul 18, 9:11 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    ellaro
    Ive been reading up on Excel and VCS cases, and happily ignoring the debt collector letters. Ive also done what loadsofchildren advised and informed them I intend to counter claim.

Now the interesting bit is my mp sent me this reply today from the ipc...

"Please see below for the further from the operator.

The pertinent point regarding the quote provided is "Adjustments could include lowered pay and display meters, lowered signage and wider bays marked specifically for disabled drivers". We fully consider the needs and required adjustments for disabled drivers when setting up a site for enforcement. Signage needs to be placed at a height that not only allows able bodied drivers to read but also those with disabilities. As well as this, signage is placed at a height that will allow for all sizes of vehicle to be parked and so allowing other motorists the ability to see and so read the signs. You will note the bay in which the motorist was parked is clearly marked as a designated disabled bay allowing extra room at the sides for easy access for driver or passenger.

I have attached a series of photographs showing the entrance to site, the entrance board that is easily readable when a motorist drives onto site and a contravention photograph.

You will note that the disabled bays are immediately on the left on entry to site and the site itself allows for a maximum stay of 2 hours, there is no requirement to pay to park. As above, this is clearly communicated to the motorist on the entrance board and would be easily visible from a wheelchair (if this is the case) on the sign positioned directly behind where the vehicle was parked. As there is no requirement for a motorist to pay to park on site, I cannot accept the motorist's claim that they were in the process of going to the entrance board to read the T&Cs applicable.

The vehicle was parked in a clearly marked designated disabled bay, any Blue Badge holder would therefore be fully aware of the requirement to display a valid disabled badge when parking regardless of whether they intended to seek out other signage."

So that was from VCS
    Last edited by ellaro; 18-07-2018 at 9:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    • kryten3000
    • By kryten3000 18th Jul 18, 9:29 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    kryten3000
    What a load of rubbish. Conveniently forgetting the grace period they must take account of before taking enforcement action. The IPC code of practice specifically states:

"15.1 Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to park and read any signs so they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to remain on the site."

(my emphasis). The point is driver parks first then reads signs, they do not have to read them on the way in to the car park.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Jul 18, 9:32 PM
    • 37,403 Posts
    • 84,289 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Do you have pics to show the bay was not clearly marked as a disabled space so you can rebut this carp?

Have you got, or can you get pics of the entrance to show that perhaps if the car park is approached from a certain direction, the signs can't be seen by a driver?
    I don't have a sister.

• ellaro
    • By ellaro 18th Jul 18, 9:46 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    ellaro
    Yes I have pictures which show the paint is VERY faded and no signs to show they're disabled bays, they've attached pictures to their reply which are obviously not recent and clearly shows a disabled bay.
    I also have the video from the dash cam as I entered the car park which clearly shows its impossible to read the sign whilst in motion.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Jul 18, 9:52 PM
    • 37,403 Posts
    • 84,289 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Yes I have pictures which show the paint is VERY faded and no signs to show they're disabled bays, they've attached pictures to their reply which are obviously not recent and clearly shows a disabled bay.
    I also have the video from the dash cam as I entered the car park which clearly shows its impossible to read the sign whilst in motion.
    Originally posted by ellaro

So send/show this to your MP so that they can see that the scammers are lying, which is why you want them to intervene as well as fully support Sir Gregg Knight's bill.
    I don't have a sister.

• Redx
    • By Redx 18th Jul 18, 9:57 PM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 24,525 Thanks
    Redx
    also bear in mind and tell this MP thast the BB scheme does not apply on private land and that the parking bays come under the EA2010 and should be marked up so that anyone who isnt blind can see that clearly

the fact it isnt a p & d car park can only be found out by reading the signs and the t & c,s so even myself as a BB holder and who also qualifies under the EA2010 has to check each and every car park I park in for the rules and regs
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • ellaro
    • By ellaro 18th Jul 18, 9:58 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    ellaro
    Ive replied and sent my photo, it sounds to me like they're suggestion you don't need to read the signs because theres no requirement to pay to park.

RedX Ive reminded my MP about the EA2010 and pointed out that the IPC confirmed blue badges don't apply on private land, I also pointed out they they failed to answer any of my points about the EA2010, will see what rubbish they come up with next.

I don't understand the comment "any Blue Badge holder would therefore be fully aware of the requirement to display a valid disabled badge when parking regardless of whether they intended to seek out other signage", the booklet I got clearly states blue badges are for public land and different rules apply on private land, the ipc have admitted this in their previous reply.
    Last edited by ellaro; 18-07-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 19th Jul 18, 7:09 AM
    • 37,403 Posts
    • 84,289 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Ive replied and sent my photo, it sounds to me like they're suggestion you don't need to read the signs because theres no requirement to pay to park.

RedX Ive reminded my MP about the EA2010 and pointed out that the IPC confirmed blue badges don't apply on private land, I also pointed out they they failed to answer any of my points about the EA2010, will see what rubbish they come up with next.

I don't understand the comment "any Blue Badge holder would therefore be fully aware of the requirement to display a valid disabled badge when parking regardless of whether they intended to seek out other signage", the booklet I got clearly states blue badges are for public land and different rules apply on private land, the ipc have admitted this in their previous reply.
    The scammers make up their own rules, and are now trying to justify them.

They are fully aware that the BB does not apply on private land. They are fully aware that their own CoP says PPCs must allow motorists time to read the signs before they issue a PCN. They just want your money so will come up with all sorts of rubbish in an attempt to justify their actions.

I seem to recall that the BB application form says something along the lines that it mustn't be used for anything other than that for which it is issued. To me that means that using a BB on private land is a breach of the BB Ts and Cs.
    I don't have a sister.

• ellaro
    • By ellaro 17th Sep 18, 8:39 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    ellaro
    Well Ive had loads of debt collectors letters and am now waiting for a BW legal or Gladstones letter.

I found this in my videos the other day, its not related to my parking ticket but it is amusing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npz2X0q9Rjo
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th Sep 18, 9:09 AM
    • 8,493 Posts
    • 11,206 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Well Ive had loads of debt collectors letters and am now waiting for a BW legal or Gladstones letter.
    Be it BWLegal or Gladstones, they are both crackpots who
    constantly try to prove to their clients how stupid they are
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

477Posts Today

4,715Users online

Martin's Twitter