Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 16th Feb 18, 12:06 PM
    • 238Posts
    • 98Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: Sky to increase prices for some...
    • 16th Feb 18, 12:06 PM
    MSE News: Sky to increase prices for some... 16th Feb 18 at 12:06 PM
    Some Sky broadband customers will see the price of their monthly contracts rise on 1 April...
    Read the full story:
    'Sky to increase prices for some broadband customers in April'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 01-03-2018 at 4:54 PM.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 4
    • phillw
    • By phillw 13th Mar 18, 9:52 PM
    • 1,269 Posts
    • 822 Thanks
    phillw
    It made me hesitate as to what to do.
    Originally posted by freespirit
    I was never planning on staying with them for the full term, my only annoyance is I haven't received the cash back yet. However cutting my losses at just under half the cashback at just under half the term lets me try to get a better deal elsewhere.
    • freespirit
    • By freespirit 14th Mar 18, 11:04 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    freespirit
    I can't get through to live chat. Been trying for 3 days. I keep the window open for hours, and the chat is never connected. I want to ask if they can offer me a better price, just as the hotukdeals forum suggests. Looks like I'm going to have to rule that out, unless I phone them... but I don't like that idea!
    • editor1
    • By editor1 15th Mar 18, 4:08 AM
    • 187 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    editor1
    I can't get through to live chat. Been trying for 3 days. I keep the window open for hours, and the chat is never connected. I want to ask if they can offer me a better price, just as the hotukdeals forum suggests. Looks like I'm going to have to rule that out, unless I phone them... but I don't like that idea!
    Originally posted by freespirit
    If can't get chat to work online, try a different web browser first, open a chat link in two browsers and see if one connects, also, use this link from HotDealsUK< search thread for links supplied by seaniboy and one of therm is a link to Sky Chat India:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-broadband-incl-line-rental-11-retention-2904673?page=7#comment-33397326

I got BB & phone for 8.99 following these links.
    • forexbert
    • By forexbert 15th Mar 18, 11:21 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    forexbert
    Any good?
    Just got off the phone to Sky and they have offered me Sky Fibre unlimited 38Mbps, line rental with caller display, no calls for 28.00 a month for 12 months. Is this any good?

Thanks for any replies.
    • editor1
    • By editor1 15th Mar 18, 12:24 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    editor1
    Just got off the phone to Sky and they have offered me Sky Fibre unlimited 38Mbps, line rental with caller display, no calls for 28.00 a month for 12 months. Is this any good?

Thanks for any replies.
    Originally posted by forexbert
    No good, I was offered the same package as you, but with unlimited phone calls for 26 a month for 18 months. Currently paying 16.99 a month for ASDL2, BB, Line Rental and Anytime Calls.
    • forexbert
    • By forexbert 15th Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    forexbert
    Maybe that is because yours is over 18 months. I was going to go for the recent Virgin Media one.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th Mar 18, 12:46 PM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe

Thanks for any replies.
    No, that's rubbish.

New Sky customers pay 25 a month and when you take the upfront fees & the 75 master card into consideration it works out to 24.17 a month for 18 months.

Try https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/ to see your options and then use live chat to negotiate.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-broadband-incl-line-rental-11-retention-2904673? has some good up to date tips.
    • forexbert
    • By forexbert 15th Mar 18, 12:53 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    forexbert
    I'm already with Sky. Just had a look and its 30 quid for the Fibre Max, but only for new customers.
    Last edited by forexbert; 15-03-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th Mar 18, 1:05 PM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I'm already with Sky. Just had a look and its 30 quid for the Fibre Max, but only for new customers.
    Not sure of your point?

It's 25 for UL fibre or 30 for UL fibre Max minus a bit due to the fees & rewards.
    • forexbert
    • By forexbert 15th Mar 18, 1:14 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    forexbert
    I'm not a new customer, out of contract to whom these offers are for. When I rang this morning I was originally quoted 35.00. He then said hold the line and came back and said he had a limited number of codes (oh yeh) which he doesn't usually hand out out and could reduce it to 28.00.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th Mar 18, 5:55 PM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I'm not a new customer, out of contract to whom these offers are for. When I rang this morning I was originally quoted 35.00. He then said hold the line and came back and said he had a limited number of codes (oh yeh) which he doesn't usually hand out out and could reduce it to 28.00.
    You're not out of contract, you're out of minimum term and in a rolling monthly contract. My point is that you never ever pay more than new customers and usually/hopefully a good bit less. It's actually more cost effective for them to keep existing customers at a lower price than try to entice new customers to join.
    • freespirit
    • By freespirit 15th Mar 18, 7:36 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    freespirit
    If can't get chat to work online, try a different web browser first, open a chat link in two browsers and see if one connects, also, use this link from HotDealsUK< search thread for links supplied by seaniboy and one of therm is a link to Sky Chat India:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-broadband-incl-line-rental-11-retention-2904673?page=7#comment-33397326

I got BB & phone for 8.99 following these links.
    Originally posted by editor1

Thanks for advice. I tried again today in 2 browsers. At first it tried to connect for 10 mins then said to try later and disconnected me. Managed to talk to Rajat in the end. I negotiated for about an hour. Best deal I could get was 5 off my line rental per month, free broadband would remain free, with a 2.50 admin fee added to my next bill. I said others were getting a better deal, but was told they didn't have the free broadband, and I couldn't be offered any better price than that, it wasn't possible.

At first I was offered 18.99 a month & free broadband, and I had to explain to them that I was paying 18 now..... erm, 18 is less than 18.99!!! wow! Anyway, main thing that worries me now is that topcashback for 70! I will be mighty miffed if I don't get that. Post Office was the cheapest deal I could have switched to, and it was 16.23 with reward factored in. Just realised that that doesn't include cashback. TCB of 52.50 for postoffice would have made that about 11.86 a month. So I'd better get my 70 cashback for SKY! Otherwise I've made the wrong choice!
    • gener8or
    • By gener8or 15th Mar 18, 11:15 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    gener8or
    Are you on Fibre or ADSL for 18.
    Im on UL Firbre but paying 25 for 18 months.
    My only get out will be the price of calls increasing.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 16th Mar 18, 8:33 AM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Are you on Fibre or ADSL for 18.
    Im on UL Firbre but paying 25 for 18 months.
    My only get out will be the price of calls increasing.
    Originally posted by gener8or
    If you're replying to @freespirit then they're on ADSL as the Post Office don't do fibre.
    Last edited by Colin_Maybe; 16-03-2018 at 1:56 PM. Reason: whoops
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 16th Mar 18, 12:36 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    Mister G
    If you're replying to @freespirit then they're on ADSL as the Post Office don't do fibre.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Don't they?

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone

They don't do FTTP, but then nor do a lot of other ISPs.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 16th Mar 18, 1:55 PM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Don't they?

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone

They don't do FTTP, but then nor do a lot of other ISPs.
    Originally posted by Mister G
    I stand corrected, I was basing it off the broadband unbundled tool which didn't list any Post Office fibre deals when I was looking earlier. Strangely they now do.
    • spenderdave
    • By spenderdave 16th Mar 18, 5:54 PM
    • 436 Posts
    • 249 Thanks
    spenderdave
    Despite closing my sky account a month ago, moving to BT, and having received the final balance refund and confirmation I had left, today they sent me an email saying my broadband was going up....
    • manutd99
    • By manutd99 17th Mar 18, 12:19 AM
    • 431 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    manutd99
    Sorry to post an off topic post but not found any recent posts for Sky. As majority on here seems to be Sky customer thought Id ask here.

Anyone who currently have Sky recommend Sky? Currently only 20 per month for new customers for 17MB broadband.

Don't want an unreliable connection and constant dropouts so thought id ask before I consider joining them
    • editor1
    • By editor1 17th Mar 18, 5:33 AM
    • 187 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    editor1
    Sorry to post an off topic post but not found any recent posts for Sky. As majority on here seems to be Sky customer thought Id ask here.

Anyone who currently have Sky recommend Sky? Currently only 20 per month for new customers for 17MB broadband.

Don't want an unreliable connection and constant dropouts so thought id ask before I consider joining them
    Originally posted by manutd99
    Nothing between Sky and PlusNet in my humble opinion, as for joining Sky on a 20 quid a month contract, I'd say are you sure?

Have you checked latest cash back's via TopCashBack and Quidco?

I managed to get Sky BB, Line Rental and Anytime Call's extra for under 17 quid a month in January last year, they upped our costs, managed to get a price match deal for 21.99, they then increased my prices, so cancelled Sky - Sky then offered me effectively same cheap price as I paid last year, namely 16.99 - not the best deal available, but good enough for my elderly folks at a decent price point.

Further, Sky do seem able to deal with Open Reach or get engineers to deal with technical issues. Again, I place them up with PlusNet and far ahead of TalkTalk.
    • editor1
    • By editor1 17th Mar 18, 5:39 AM
    • 187 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    editor1

Originally posted by manutd99
    80 quid cash back from TopCashBack and and 75 Mastercard spend from Sky, that's 155 that can be deducted from the price Sky are offering, which ain't bad as long as you get all cash back offers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

44Posts Today

3,103Users online

Martin's Twitter