Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kimplus8
    • By kimplus8 16th Feb 18, 12:41 AM
    • 674Posts
    • 2,075Thanks
    kimplus8
    horizon letter
    • 16th Feb 18, 12:41 AM
    horizon letter 16th Feb 18 at 12:41 AM
    sorry hadn't read the sticky- apologies, I will read it now.
    Last edited by kimplus8; 16-02-2018 at 1:26 AM.
    Member of 1000 Emergency fund Club LIGHTBULB!!! BR and living with it! Dave Ramsey fan
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Feb 18, 12:52 AM
    • 35,548 Posts
    • 19,746 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Feb 18, 12:52 AM
    • 16th Feb 18, 12:52 AM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Please go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this.

A court hearing is a long way off.

The only way your credit file will be impacted by this is if you do get a Court claim and you ignore it or lose in a hearing and don't pay it off in full within a month of the hearing

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving.

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Feb 18, 1:16 AM
    • 57,309 Posts
    • 70,913 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Feb 18, 1:16 AM
    • 16th Feb 18, 1:16 AM
    I went on their website today to try and pay and then called their automated Payline- both payment options are out of order.
    Wow, you thought you had to PAY this 'outrageous scam' (Hansard, Parliamentary debate on private parking firms and their practices, re the new Bill and Code of Practice - 2.2.18).

is there anything I can do about this or do I have to just suck it up and pay.
    I have just started to fix my credit file and I can't afford a CCJ from this company.
    Stop stop stop! Read the NEWBIES sticky thread and get yourself back in store to complain! The Store Manager needs to hear your wrath, and cancel this rogue ticket.

You do not just 'get a CCJ'...and you would not lose a well defended court case about a day when their machines were broken and a free offer of parking was displayed.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 16-02-2018 at 1:18 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• kimplus8
    • By kimplus8 14th Apr 18, 9:49 PM
    • 674 Posts
    • 2,075 Thanks
    kimplus8
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:49 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:49 PM
    just thought ild update. I smiled horizon with the cover letter and CC'd in the manager at my local Sainsbury's. Got email back this week from horizon saying that they agree the machines were broken and the ticket was given in error, so have wiped the ticked and I am no longer accountable for the fine.
    yay!!! thanks for the help guys x
    Member of 1000 Emergency fund Club LIGHTBULB!!! BR and living with it! Dave Ramsey fan
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Apr 18, 10:17 PM
    • 57,309 Posts
    • 70,913 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:17 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:17 PM
    Email back and ask for written confirmation that ALL tickets from those days were cancelled (and any paid were refunded) or you will make a formal complaint to the DVLA and the ICO, as well as your MP.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Apr 18, 10:39 PM
    • 17,570 Posts
    • 27,759 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:39 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:39 PM
    ^^ +1 ^^

Help your fellow strugglers. You are uniquely in a position to do this, especially in light of Horizon's admission.

I'd cc in the DVLA, the BPA, Trading Standards, Sainsbury's, your MP and Sir Greg Knight's office - and show all the ccs in your email to Horizon.

Make them squirm - it payback time. It's not time to be 'grateful'.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Apr 18, 11:29 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,967 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Apr 18, 11:29 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 11:29 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • kimplus8
    • By kimplus8 16th Apr 18, 3:25 AM
    • 674 Posts
    • 2,075 Thanks
    kimplus8
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:25 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:25 AM
    I fully intend to forward this email to my MP and Sainsbury's HO, and any financial or other conduct organisations that will be beneficial to other drivers. I'm so relieved though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,106Posts Today

5,930Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin