IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

More G24 Breach of Contract letters in Scotland

Options

Comments

• pearlsofwisdom
    Options
    Been having a look around town as I go about my business and I've yet to see another car park in central Falkirk with as high a charge for exceeding your stay.
  • pearlsofwisdom
    Options
    Got another letter from DRP - redacted and added to the existing file linked previously.
  • pearlsofwisdom
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    Info on the purpose and location of Stickies - why you should read them first, before posting in any forum was something you clearly confirmed you had read and understood as part of your signup, so it should have been you very first post of call on this board. That's why is not in any way unreasonable or sarcastic to expect someone to have read them.

There is also a strong 'help people to help themselves' ethos on these boards and that's part of the reason stickies are there, Members often put a lot of work into them, so people can inform themselves and access info without needing to post repeatedly on basic/straightforward topics, which leaves the boards in a better position to help on the more difficult ones - and the situation for dealing with with PPCs in Scotland is indeed straightforward.

I agree, Scotland and NI really only need one thread (each?) but with the inability of many posters to work out what side of the border they are on, it means we have to treat them all the same way, so people don't get missed/confused.

Apologies, :o it wasn't what you wrote as much as how you wrote it that I objected to. I can take criticism and I appreciate that others have taken the time to provide information for us all. :)

It's also perhaps worthwhile reminding those who are kindly providing their assistance, insights and trying to arm others with accurate information, that when you've been in this situation and come out the other side as a winner (assuming you have?) you are coming from a place of no stress or anxiety about what may or may not happen to the person posting and possibly going about things in a state of panic or anxiety.
    When you're lucky enough to feel or be certain that nothing bad is going to happen, you might want to bear in mind that the person it is affecting here and now is probably not feeling the same. I've lost sleep over it already, even though I keep telling myself that 'all these people can't be wrong'.

Like a parent with a child, you'll probably have to repeat yourself, more than once, before the message gets home. So, please, do paste those helpful links and nudge us to do what you know we need to do. Read up, learn what to do, who to contact, what to say.

I've read some more of the newbies thread - and yes - I've skipped and skimmed looking for specifics. There is indeed a lot of information to read :). I'm going to look for wording for an e-mail to go to DVLA to ask them why they provide registered keeper information to G24 when they know that the law isn't the same in Scotland.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The very first part of the thread tells you not to look for specifics...
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 February 2018 at 6:54PM
    Options
    I'm going to look for wording for an e-mail to go to DVLA to ask them why they provide registered keeper information to G24 when they know that the law isn't the same in Scotland.

Yes, you could do that.

If I were the DVLA, and for clarity, I am not, I would respond along the lines...
    The parking company are allowed to request keeper data in Scotland and Northern Ireland because they want to ask the keeper for the name of the driver. That is a legitimate reason.
  • pearlsofwisdom
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Yes, you could do that.

If I were the DVLA, and for clarity, I am not, I would respond along the lines...
    The parking company are allowed to request keeper data in Scotland and Northern Ireland because they want to ask the keeper for the name of the driver. That is a legitimate reason.

That's a fair point. The G24 and their minions DRP seem to be writing more carefully worded letters. No direct reference to POFA in the letters I've received, but clearly not paying much notice to DVLA (in my opinion) by continuing to 'invite' the registered keeper to tell them who was driving, then in the next paragraph, telling you to 'be warned' that if you don't give them what they want, they're going to assume you were the driver and come after you. DRP's latest opener was 'Notice of intended court action' followed a few lines later by 'this is your last chance...' and then 'If our client takes court action...' Make your minds up will you!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The G24 and their minions DRP seem to be writing more carefully worded letters. No direct reference to POFA in the letters I've received, but clearly not paying much notice to DVLA (in my opinion) by continuing to 'invite' the registered keeper to tell them who was driving, then in the next paragraph, telling you to 'be warned' that if you don't give them what they want, they're going to assume you were the driver and come after you. DRP's latest opener was 'Notice of intended court action' followed a few lines later by 'this is your last chance...' and then 'If our client takes court action...' Make your minds up will you!
    Yes but don't we all know to ignore debt collector's drivel?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    G24 never take it any further even in the much easier jurisdiction of E/W. They're hardly likely to chance popping their cherry in the uncharted territory of the Sheriff Court in Scotland. Please don't give them any unworthy credibility.

!!!!!! - one third of a million tickets issued in the past 3 years, yet not one single court case pursued in E/W (let alone Scotland)! :)

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/G24.html

What's your chance? - do the math! Hard not to swear in frustration.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

That's a fair point. The G24 and their minions DRP seem to be writing more carefully worded letters. No direct reference to POFA in the letters I've received, but clearly not paying much notice to DVLA (in my opinion) by continuing to 'invite' the registered keeper to tell them who was driving, then in the next paragraph, telling you to 'be warned' that if you don't give them what they want, they're going to assume you were the driver and come after you. DRP's latest opener was 'Notice of intended court action' followed a few lines later by 'this is your last chance...' and then 'If our client takes court action...' Make your minds up will you!

We all know that DRP are a bunch of idiots and live
    in cloud cuckoo land.

Desperate extortion monkeys living in desperate times
    with scamming parking cowboys.

Dear oh dear, do these idiots really expect you to believe
    in their utter rubbish, anyone would think they are the
    brains of the outfit :rotfl::rotfl:

FOR THE 1000th plus times, IGNORE DRP THEY ARE
    SIMPLY TIMEWASTERS
  • pearlsofwisdom
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Yes but don't we all know to ignore debt collector's drivel?

They make for a fun read (yep, sad I know:rotfl: ) and hopefully I too will get the opportunity to use them for something far more useful in due course. As advised in the newbies thread/stickie, I'll be keeping them for 5 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure