Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Newbiejono
    • By Newbiejono 15th Feb 18, 5:52 PM
    • 61Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Newbiejono
    Nationwide Timescales
    • 15th Feb 18, 5:52 PM
    Nationwide Timescales 15th Feb 18 at 5:52 PM
    valuation has been done on house, they are saying it takes 5 days for it to get checked!!! that seems long?

does anyone know what other checks are done after valuation.

Thanks all
Page 2
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 21st Feb 18, 7:34 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    loobiej1
    Valuation done yesterday, not had a text from NW to say recieved but broker called they have said, valuation is accepted, not sure why i havent had text, they have requested 2 more payslips which i have sent today....
    • x_malibubabe
    • By x_malibubabe 22nd Feb 18, 11:53 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    x_malibubabe
    We're using a broker who keeps chasing every day for us.

13/2/18 - Full application
    13/2/18 - text to say they've received application and valuation instructed
    16/2/18 - valuation done
    20/2/18 - valuation sent to nationwide
    21/2/18 - text to say valuation approved, broker rang to chase and was told 'within 5 days' for mortgage decision.
    22/2/18 - impatiently waiting for an offer!

It seems to vary by area cos obviously each area will have their own valuers and it will depend on them sending it back in time.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 22nd Feb 18, 11:56 AM
    • 33,397 Posts
    • 18,085 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Valuation done yesterday, not had a text from NW to say recieved but broker called they have said, valuation is accepted, not sure why i havent had text, they have requested 2 more payslips which i have sent today....
    Originally posted by loobiej1
    Stuff done by a staff valuer (as opposed to being done or panelled by Countrywide) seems to leave the track and the texts stop.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 22nd Feb 18, 12:26 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    loobiej1
    Stuff done by a staff valuer (as opposed to being done or panelled by Countrywide) seems to leave the track and the texts stop.
    Originally posted by kingstreet
    Thank you, i have just spoken to my broker who advised they have a 4 day backlog at the moment, so i suspect it could be next week before i hear anything.
    • kkffrrkk
    • By kkffrrkk 22nd Feb 18, 7:10 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    kkffrrkk
    Just an update (nationwide)

Applied in 29/01/18
    Asked for more documents 07/02/18
    Valuation approved 14/02/18
    More documents due to partners agency work 20/02/18
    Offer 22/02/18
    • Maria89
    • By Maria89 22nd Feb 18, 10:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Maria89
    My experience with Nationwide:
    DIP and application 14/02/18
    Valuation 16/02/18
    Request more docs 21/02/18
    Offer 22/02/18
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 23rd Feb 18, 7:58 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    loobiej1
    Congrats to those who just recieved offers, i sent further docs wednesday hoping
    I hear something very soon.
    • Amanda_Cm
    • By Amanda_Cm 23rd Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    Amanda_Cm
    Our valuation was done on 21st of December. They said was received on 27th and we had our Offer on 3th of January.
    Credit check was done after the valuation. I checked Experian. That's how I knowm
    • Vman100
    • By Vman100 23rd Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Vman100
    My application went in on 29th January and the valuation was done on the 1st February and wasn't received by Nationwide until the 13th. Was asked for more documents last Friday (which they already had) and now today it's went to head office who have asked questions that I have already answered. Absolute farce!
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 23rd Feb 18, 12:05 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    loobiej1
    My application went in on 29th January and the valuation was done on the 1st February and wasn't received by Nationwide until the 13th. Was asked for more documents last Friday (which they already had) and now today it's went to head office who have asked questions that I have already answered. Absolute farce!
    Originally posted by Vman100
    Oh no! That seems very long winded, do you know why its gone to HO? did you use a broker?
    • Vman100
    • By Vman100 23rd Feb 18, 12:24 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Vman100
    Yes i used a broker. Apparently some get sent to head office at random but I'm not so sure. Now I am worried!
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 23rd Feb 18, 1:55 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    loobiej1
    Yes i used a broker. Apparently some get sent to head office at random but I'm not so sure. Now I am worried!
    oh i hope they get back to you soon, i thought applications that were referred were only sent to HO, but have read on here they carryout spot check audits. Have you spoken to NW or just left your broker to do it?
    • Vman100
    • By Vman100 23rd Feb 18, 2:11 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Vman100
    What do you mean applications that were referred? I have left the broker to it. Feel like i shouldn't go behind his back.
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 23rd Feb 18, 2:24 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    loobiej1
    What do you mean applications that were referred? I have left the broker to it. Feel like i shouldn't go behind his back.
    Some DIP or Applications can be referred when submitted for checks rather the system doing it, sounds like yours has just been picked out randomly than for any other reason.
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 23rd Feb 18, 3:51 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002

DONT WORRY! Exact same thing happened to me. If you go over to waiting for mortgage thread you will see on there. As soon as my full application went in with nationwide it went straight to head office. They do random Audit checks on 10% of cases. Nothing to worry about. And theres nothing you can do to speed it up Im afraid. Once the documents are back they will be reassessed the normal way.
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 25th Feb 18, 11:46 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    loobiej1
    Hoping we all hear something this week !!!129310;
    • impatientlywaiting
    • By impatientlywaiting 6th Mar 18, 4:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    impatientlywaiting
    Have you heard anything yet loobiej1? I'm in the same position as you and hate not knowing the process and timelines.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

128Posts Today

1,804Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin