Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nicetomeetyou
    • By nicetomeetyou 14th Feb 18, 7:15 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 17Thanks
    nicetomeetyou
    Deputy or Appointee to manage finances?
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:15 PM
    Deputy or Appointee to manage finances? 14th Feb 18 at 7:15 PM
    I attended my ESA medical today. It went well. I told the assessor that social services are stealing my money which they are. He looked at the letter my appointee wrote for the assessment and he said he could see it was ''court appointed' I'm absolutely sure he said that and I didn't have much to remember as the medical lasted under 15 minutes.

Now I was under the impression that I had a appointee set up by social services and managed by them. When it was set up in November 2016 I was never consulted they were setting it up, Nobody came out from the DWP to interview me to see if I had capacity. I had a capacity assessment done by the LD psychologist saying my capacity fluctuates and I don't have it when I'm mentally unwell but do when well. I have never had any letters regarding the appointee.

Do you think with the assessor mentioning 'court appointed' they have actually set up a Deputy without telling me? Can they do that if me knowing would have a impact on my mental health like in safeguarding or something?
Page 1
    • elsien
    • By elsien 14th Feb 18, 7:18 PM
    • 16,162 Posts
    • 40,841 Thanks
    elsien
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:18 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:18 PM
    You can check to see if there is a deputyship in place, if you wish.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • nicetomeetyou
    • By nicetomeetyou 14th Feb 18, 7:24 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    nicetomeetyou
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:24 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:24 PM
    How do I do that without going through social services/LD community nursing? I think they are hiding information from me.
    • _shel
    • By _shel 14th Feb 18, 7:32 PM
    • 1,184 Posts
    • 1,970 Thanks
    _shel
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:32 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:32 PM
    How do I do that without going through social services/LD community nursing? I think they are hiding information from me.
    Originally posted by nicetomeetyou
    https://www.gov.uk/find-someones-attorney-or-deputy
    Thanks to everyone who posts competitions
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,757Posts Today

8,292Users online

Martin's Twitter