Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sjs69
    • By sjs69 14th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    sjs69
    Door to Door MSE Canvassers
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    Door to Door MSE Canvassers 14th Feb 18 at 6:20 PM
    Does MSE have door to door canvassers asking to see homeowners smart meters & getting them to switch gas/electric companies? Several in our area to day claiming to be from MSE & showing ID? Thanks
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 14th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    • 33,202 Posts
    • 39,148 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    Not a chance ...... scammers
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Andy_WSM
    • By Andy_WSM 14th Feb 18, 8:56 PM
    • 2,114 Posts
    • 4,535 Thanks
    Andy_WSM
    • 14th Feb 18, 8:56 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 8:56 PM
    Does MSE have door to door canvassers asking to see homeowners smart meters & getting them to switch gas/electric companies? Several in our area to day claiming to be from MSE & showing ID? Thanks
    Originally posted by sjs69
    If anything like this happens again, call the police on 101 (if you can get through!) and they may send someone out to catch up with the canvasers and see if they are legit. I doubt they are, in which case a call to 101 may well save someone getting scammed.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,093Posts Today

5,606Users online

Martin's Twitter