Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • caspar9
    • By caspar9 14th Feb 18, 5:37 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 16Thanks
    caspar9
    South East Cumbria Location
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:37 PM
    South East Cumbria Location 14th Feb 18 at 5:37 PM
    I am planning to relocate to South East Cumbria this spring from the south coast. I am currently searching for a property in the Kendal, Milnthorpe, Grange areas but have noticed Carnforth coming up on my property searches.

I have not really ever considered Carnforth before but wondered if anyone had some local knowledge of this town. I'm only looking for a quiet area with a few shops and some public transport close to the Lakeland fells.

Any opinions gratefully received.
Page 1
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 14th Feb 18, 8:02 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    • 14th Feb 18, 8:02 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 8:02 PM
    Ooh I know this area! I went to school in Heversham/Milnthorpe, my first boyfriend was from Carnforth. Not been there for a decade or so but I loved it when I was there. Carnforth is a really nice town - much smaller that Kendal and not a huge amount going on but good motorway access and its only a short way to both Lancaster and Kendal. If I was choosing for proximity to the lakes Id go for the Milnthorpe area myself. Arnsides lovely, my grandparents lived there and its beautiful - not too big, not too small, decent train service over the viaduct to Grange. Have you ever lived up there before? Good luck with the house search!
    • caspar9
    • By caspar9 14th Feb 18, 10:01 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    caspar9
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:01 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:01 PM
    Ooh I know this area! I went to school in Heversham/Milnthorpe, my first boyfriend was from Carnforth. Not been there for a decade or so but I loved it when I was there. Carnforth is a really nice town - much smaller that Kendal and not a huge amount going on but good motorway access and its only a short way to both Lancaster and Kendal. If I was choosing for proximity to the lakes Id go for the Milnthorpe area myself. Arnsides lovely, my grandparents lived there and its beautiful - not too big, not too small, decent train service over the viaduct to Grange. Have you ever lived up there before? Good luck with the house search!
    Originally posted by JaneyLouWho
    Thanks very much for the reply. I have visited the area a number of times. I would choose Arnside but I am dependent on public transport and have noticed that the 555 bus service goes directly from Carnforth into the park - its only two hours to Grasmere!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,093Posts Today

5,606Users online

Martin's Twitter