Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Htomi
    • By Htomi 14th Feb 18, 4:46 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Htomi
    No NtK
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:46 PM
    No NtK 14th Feb 18 at 4:46 PM
    Hi all,

Want to have some really quick info on how to proceed.
    Last year a parking ticket was placed on my car's windscreen: it was out of working hours in the front of a large tool and building materials retailer who contracted UKPC to monitor their car park.
    I read the advice of waiting for the NtK but in the meantime I moved house.
    I returned to the previous address to see if they sent this but the current tenants had not seen or heard of any letters arriving at all(can't dispute that).
    Last week I received a letter from a debt collector which I have not responded to as advised in this forum.

I would like to have some advice as how I can start to deal with this now: I do not want to delay it any further and to be dragged to the court.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Htomi; 14-02-2018 at 6:37 PM. Reason: Incorrect title
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Feb 18, 4:58 PM
    • 17,818 Posts
    • 22,465 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:58 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:58 PM
    what you want is no longer relevant, if UKPC wish to take you to court within 6 years then they will do so if the alleged debt remains unpaid

post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread explains about ignoring the debt collectors

UKPC are in control of this as long as their is an outstanding alleged debt, you are not in control apart from paying it, in full (which we do not recommend)

there is no magic bullet, so stop looking for one
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    • 6,660 Posts
    • 5,865 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    Contrary to the usual advice, you need to respond to that debt collector's letter.

You need to inform them of your new address and forcibly state that anything sent to your previous address will not be deemed served.
    Also insist that they notify UKPC of your new address.

Keep a copy of this letter and Proof of Posting.

You are doing this to avoid UKPC starting court action and obtaining a judgement without your knowledge, and thus with no chance to defend yourself.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Feb 18, 5:07 PM
    • 17,818 Posts
    • 22,465 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:07 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:07 PM
    as above ^^^^^^^^^^ , you deny the debt but give a usable address for service of papers
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Htomi
    • By Htomi 15th Feb 18, 2:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Htomi
    • 15th Feb 18, 2:52 PM
    • 15th Feb 18, 2:52 PM
    Great advice, thanks for both of you!
    I'm not looking for a magic bullet or a one letter solution, more of a how to get this ball rolling.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    • 9,064 Posts
    • 8,760 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    • 15th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    UKPC are fraudsters, read this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

and also watch these recent events in the HoC

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

These companies are scammers, and their days are numbered. Write to your MP complaining in robust terms.
    Last edited by The Deep; 15-02-2018 at 3:44 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

18Posts Today

3,796Users online

Martin's Twitter