Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beattiesman
    • By beattiesman 14th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    • 266Posts
    • 8Thanks
    beattiesman
    who pays
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    who pays 14th Feb 18 at 3:30 PM
    a relative got a mortgage on a council property my mum lived in under the right to buy scheme ,it is a flat the council are putting new roofs on & want my mum to pay towards the cost but she has no savings to do this ,also the person who took the mortgage out has equity released the flat to a company but my mum had to sign for this so where does she stand on this matter
Page 1
    • bigisi
    • By bigisi 14th Feb 18, 3:34 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 228 Thanks
    bigisi
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:34 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:34 PM
    Why are you asking this again on here and not responding to those members who were kind enough to take their time to respond to your last thread?

To save anyone wasting their time, the OP ignored all the responses on their other post about this

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789909
    • beattiesman
    • By beattiesman 14th Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    • 266 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    beattiesman
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    money
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    how can you pay towards it if you havent got the money
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 14th Feb 18, 3:53 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    need an answer
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:53 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:53 PM
    Have you read the responses on your other thread? This has been explained in full.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    I've just read the other thread and agree the question was answered very fully there.

If the OP wants to just read one post on that thread to clarify,then I would suggest it is the one posted by GM

As always very good clear concise advice
    in S 23 T 18 F 40
    out S 31 T 14 F 26
    2017 -32
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 14th Feb 18, 3:58 PM
    • 4,180 Posts
    • 5,909 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:58 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:58 PM
    a relative got a mortgage on a council property my mum lived in under the right to buy scheme ,it is a flat the council are putting new roofs on & want my mum to pay towards the cost but she has no savings to do this ,also the person who took the mortgage out has equity released the flat to a company but my mum had to sign for this so where does she stand on this matter
    Originally posted by beattiesman
    It doesn't matter how many times you ask about this it will not change the answer.

Either your mum or your brother has to pay this money. Once you own a flat you become responsible for paying for any repairs. This part of being an owner and is completely normal. The council will not pay this for your mother because it is no longer their flat. If your mother did not want to be responsible for this money she should not have bought the flat.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 14th Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    • 18,381 Posts
    • 12,546 Thanks
    molerat
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    also the person who took the mortgage out has equity released the flat to a company
    Originally posted by beattiesman
    They will have the ER money to pay for the repairs then. Talk about screwing the old dear over !
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 14th Feb 18, 7:12 PM
    • 4,386 Posts
    • 2,739 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:12 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:12 PM
    Beating a dead horse with a stick, OP your not going to find what you want to hear. Reap what your brother has sowed.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,122Posts Today

8,058Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin