Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nkana79
    • By Nkana79 14th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Nkana79
    Ordinary Shares - What rights do I have?
    • 14th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    Ordinary Shares - What rights do I have? 14th Feb 18 at 2:59 PM
    While working for a company a few years back there was an industry downturn and the company needed some fresh funding. They asked some of the staff to invest some of their money in the form of Ordinary Shares. This was back in 2015 (I then left in 2016 but they declined to buy back my shares) and since then I have not received any notifications, updates infact anything at all relating to these shares.

As an Ordinary Shareholder in a company what am I entitled to and how do I find out whether any dividends have been paid to people that are still in the company?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 14th Feb 18, 3:24 PM
    • 3,904 Posts
    • 6,097 Thanks
    Malthusian
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:24 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:24 PM
    Which company?

If it's a UK company then the annual reports filed with Companies House should reveal whether any dividends were paid.

The incorporation document (and potentially others) should show what rights ordinary shareholders have.
    • Nkana79
    • By Nkana79 14th Feb 18, 3:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nkana79
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:37 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:37 PM
    My share certificate was dated the 22nd of June 2015 and in the filing history it states that on the 3rd of November the board agreed to pay 3.00 pence per share which was approved on the 3rd of November 2015. At what point do I become legible for any dividends?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,757Posts Today

8,292Users online

Martin's Twitter