Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • steamerman
    • By steamerman 14th Feb 18, 9:40 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    steamerman
    Paypal Transfer
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:40 AM
    Paypal Transfer 14th Feb 18 at 9:40 AM
    Hello all a short while ago i requested a transfer of money from my paypal account into my bank account unfortunately i clicked on the wrong account that is linked to my paypal account but this account i cannot reconize.I have contacted paypal and my bank regarding this to no avail both say it is the others problem.I have the full bank account number that the money was paid into but my bank will not give me details of who's account this is therefore i am at a loss to know what to do now any help would be gratefully recieved thankyou Steamerman
Page 1
    • paragon909
    • By paragon909 14th Feb 18, 9:48 AM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 1,352 Thanks
    paragon909
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:48 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:48 AM
    Hello all a short while ago i requested a transfer of money from my paypal account into my bank account unfortunately i clicked on the wrong account that is linked to my paypal account but this account i cannot reconize.I have contacted paypal and my bank regarding this to no avail both say it is the others problem.I have the full bank account number that the money was paid into but my bank will not give me details of who's account this is therefore i am at a loss to know what to do now any help would be gratefully recieved thankyou Steamerman
    Originally posted by steamerman
    Then it is your fault for having incorrect details on paypal. it's not Paypal's or the banks responsibility to check or make sure you clicked the wrong details.

You just need to hope the funds bounce back to the paypal account.
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 14th Feb 18, 9:34 PM
    • 5,594 Posts
    • 4,916 Thanks
    mgdavid
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:34 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:34 PM
    ....... i clicked on the wrong account that is linked to my paypal account but this account i cannot reconize..........
    can you explain this in more detail please?
    are you saying:
    1. you put the wrong details against your paypal account?
    or
    2. your p/p account was hacked and somebody else added their account to it?
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 14th Feb 18, 9:56 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    18cc
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:56 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:56 PM
    You are unable to add a bank account to PayPal for withdrawal purposes unless you go through the verification process which involves PayPal sending a small amount to your bank account and then you logging on to your bank account and entering the number against that payment into PayPal

In that way Paypal verifies you own the bank account and have access to it

that is the only way a bank account can be linked to your PayPal account
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 14th Feb 18, 9:58 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    18cc
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:58 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:58 PM
    /ctd

Therefore if you did not add this bank account then somebody else must have logged onto your PayPal account and added their own bank details which means your PayPal account is compromised
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 14th Feb 18, 11:17 PM
    • 3,272 Posts
    • 2,239 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:17 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:17 PM
    Have you closed or switched an account?

Tap the details in here. The result may jog your memory.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

553Posts Today

5,631Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin