Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rumpole93
    • By Rumpole93 14th Feb 18, 3:08 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Rumpole93
    PCN Scotland
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:08 AM
    PCN Scotland 14th Feb 18 at 3:08 AM
    Where do you go to now if first appeal.rejected - Scotland, who can help me appeal?
    Going mad trying to find the answer. If anybody got any good letters I can use please help!!!
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Feb 18, 6:08 AM
    • 18,019 Posts
    • 28,539 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:08 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:08 AM
    More information needed:

Private parking ticket?

Which parking company?

What did you say - precisely - in your initial appeal?

Have you read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 14th Feb 18, 8:08 AM
    • 3,763 Posts
    • 4,429 Thanks
    Johno100
    • 14th Feb 18, 8:08 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 8:08 AM
    I'd hazard a guess most answers to the above are contained in the OP's other two threads.

I parked in retail park outside Argos, Aberdeen, Scotland. Parked in the Disabled Bay. When I come back I had a parking notice from VCS for not showing disabled badge. Unlocked car and found disabled badge on floor. It must have fell off dash when I shut door. Appealed and have been unsuccessful. What now? Most of the posts I have read but it's English law.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5784664

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5785633
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Feb 18, 8:56 AM
    • 3,411 Posts
    • 4,549 Thanks
    waamo
    • 14th Feb 18, 8:56 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 8:56 AM
    Perhaps the previous advice is a bit like MSE passwords and expire after a few days?
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Feb 18, 9:06 AM
    • 18,019 Posts
    • 28,539 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:06 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:06 AM
    Perhaps the previous advice is a bit like MSE passwords and expire after a few days?
    Originally posted by waamo
    I'm glad to know it's just not me. The first notice said that after 1,512 days my password had expired, so created a new one, then this morning 'After 5 days your password has expired'!

What's all that about - another gremlin in the works, alongside the !!!8112!!! nonsense to foul up the system.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Feb 18, 9:15 AM
    • 35,912 Posts
    • 20,184 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:15 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:15 AM
    Seem this announcement from MSE on why the password reminder is here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5791325
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 14th Feb 18, 9:54 AM
    • 3,763 Posts
    • 4,429 Thanks
    Johno100
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:54 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:54 AM
    Seem this announcement from MSE on why the password reminder is here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5791325
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Reminder to update your passwords on a regular basis - OK. But just FIVE days after you were last prompted to change, that's a bit over the top don't you think?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Feb 18, 10:25 AM
    • 35,912 Posts
    • 20,184 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:25 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:25 AM
    I have no thoughts on it.

If I did I wouldn't clutter this parking forum with them,!!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Feb 18, 12:17 PM
    • 58,530 Posts
    • 72,029 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Feb 18, 12:17 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 12:17 PM
    Where do you go to now if first appeal.rejected - Scotland, who can help me appeal?
    Going mad trying to find the answer. If anybody got any good letters I can use please help!!!
    Originally posted by Rumpole93
    There was no appeal in Scotland, why did you bother?

NEWBIES thread tells you to ignore the 'outrageous scam' (Hansard).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Rumpole93
    • By Rumpole93 14th Feb 18, 3:41 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rumpole93
    PCN Scotland
    I replied to them not knowing anything about answering. It's quite scary getting letters like that through the post. If they can't do anything why are they allowed to dish out these tickets.
    So do I just keep all correspondence from Vehicle Control Services and say nothing back?
    • Rumpole93
    • By Rumpole93 22nd Apr 18, 10:44 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rumpole93
    Scotland varied info
    Scotland - Been fighting a private parking notice since January. Have appealed twice to Vehicle Control Services and been denied. I have been looking on all the sites that tell you what to do. Fortunately I do not know where I go from here?
    VCS keep telling me to appeal to Popla but we don't have that in scotland.
    Is there not one specific company address, solicitor or main appeals place to tell your story too?
    Its causing me a lot of stress and I am disabled. Who do I write too? They say they have debt collectors dealing with fine 100 now?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd Apr 18, 10:50 PM
    • 18,019 Posts
    • 28,539 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    VCS keep telling me to appeal to Popla but we don't have that in scotland.
    Highly unlikely - please show us.

Is there not one specific company address, solicitor or main appeals place to tell your story too?
    Just the landowner, otherwise ignore anything other than real Sheriff Court papers - come back if you get these.

VCS have 5 years to issue, but the overall number of such cases in Scotland you can count on the fingers of two hands - unlikely to happen on a single ticket, they're more interested in multiple tickets, like Carly Mackie with 24k's worth of tickets.

Stop communicating with VCS - there's nothing to be gained. You're showing you're worried, so they will keep pressing you. All they want is your money.

• waamo
    • By waamo 22nd Apr 18, 10:55 PM
    • 3,411 Posts
    • 4,549 Thanks
    waamo
    Did you tell VCS who the driver was?
    This space for hire.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 22nd Apr 18, 11:00 PM
    • 1,373 Posts
    • 1,847 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    I would think that VCS may be breaking rules issued by there trade assoc by offering POPLa

for a kick off VCS left the BPA , the body that issues POPLa codes back in 29/09/2014
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Rumpole93
    • By Rumpole93 22nd Apr 18, 11:05 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rumpole93
    Unfortunately I did. Never had PCN before.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 22nd Apr 18, 11:10 PM
    • 18,363 Posts
    • 23,265 Thanks
    Redx
    because they know the drivers details, they could try a court case within 5 years

I do not believe they are offering POPLA at all , because VCS are in the IPC and so they offer the IAS for appealing (the kangaroo court)

the debt collectors are powerless so ignore them

I dont think you will get anywhere with this so its sit it out for 5 years unless they try the new simplified court claim system for scotland , papers from your local sheriffs office

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/simple-procedure

in future, DO NOT REVEAL WHO WAS DRIVING

and try to get a landowner to cancel it, especially if the EA2010 law applies here
    Last edited by Redx; 22-04-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Rumpole93
    • By Rumpole93 22nd Apr 18, 11:20 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rumpole93
    Hi. I have been in touch with Landowners Savills. They started replying but now I have heard nothing from them.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Apr 18, 11:21 PM
    • 58,530 Posts
    • 72,029 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Push them again.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 22nd Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    • 7,712 Posts
    • 7,456 Thanks
    KeithP
    Is this thread related to any, or all, of the incidents described in your other three threads?

We can already see that the answers you are getting now are repeats of information you were given earlier.

Please do not start a new thread every time you think of a new question.

Please ask a Board Guide to merge your threads.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 22nd Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    • 18,363 Posts
    • 23,265 Thanks
    Redx
    also get your MP involved

your MP,s have discussed these issues in your scottish parliament, and currently there is a private members bill going through committee in the London UK parliament (by Sir Greg Knight)

https://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

in future, when that becomes law then there may be ways to deal with issues like yours

but at the moment there is no simple method of dealing with your issue , what you are asking for does not exist and never has existed

naming the driver made your situation a lot worse, but until they issue court papers you are in limbo land and can ignore the debt collectors and VCS

VCS have the legal right to take you to court for non-payment of an alleged debt , within 5 years, its been that way for decades

naming the driver sets you up for being a guinea pig in this , whereas not naming the driver usually puts them off using their legal rights

you have only been at this for 4 months , VCS have 60 months to harass you , so another 56 months

meanwhile , complain to SAVILLS again and push the EA2010 law if you are disabled as you say

and pm soolin or crabman and ask them to merge your 3 threads on the same issue into one thread only (and please dont start any more threads on this one issue)
    Last edited by Redx; 22-04-2018 at 11:38 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

3,953Users online

Martin's Twitter