Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rabialiones
    • By rabialiones 13th Feb 18, 10:51 PM
    • 1,758Posts
    • 218Thanks
    rabialiones
    cavity wall insulation claim
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:51 PM
    cavity wall insulation claim 13th Feb 18 at 10:51 PM
    i know there are a few threads around this issue

need to pursue a claim but can anyone help as in who to contact first
    ciga or no win no fee solicitor .

the latter seems an easier option

can anyone advise if they have had any success with either.
    thanks

just checked installation company- gone into liquidation
    Last edited by rabialiones; 13-02-2018 at 10:56 PM.
    Nice to save.
Page 2
    • rabialiones
    • By rabialiones 16th Feb 18, 9:06 AM
    • 1,758 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    rabialiones
    An every day story and CIGA will have heard it countless times. Off the record they would say "your house, your problem" and who can blame them.

Your house was not suitable, your cavity was too small .. so why did you get CWI installed? Then to make matters worse you never got a copy of any report. Did alarm bells not ring?

Instead you just went ahead. You did zero due diligence yet expect CIGA to compensate you for this. Perhaps now the penny is starting to drop?
    Originally posted by Furts
    i totally agree with you. if i knew then what i know now i would never have agreed to it.
    however, at the time the benefits of it were being promoted by energy companies and government grants etc, that i (as many other people) beleived it would be beneficial in keeping house warm and lower energy bills.

there was no mention of any pitfalls or disadvantages of it.
    admittedly, i should have researched thoroughly before agreeing the installment, but was carried away by all the promotional hype.

i am not looking for compensation, its not money i am interested in. i just want help to rectify the problem.

btw Furts, please do not mind me asking, i did read on one of the threads , that you have also been a victim of cwi.
    was your problem similar and how did you manage to get help from ciga
    Nice to save.
    • rabialiones
    • By rabialiones 9th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    • 1,758 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    rabialiones
    i am still looking into this and came across CIVALLI
    on twitter.
    if anyone knows anything about this or has dealt with them , i would be grateful for any advice
    Nice to save.
    • Victoria Walton
    • By Victoria Walton 12th Mar 18, 12:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Victoria Walton
    I work for a company(real cavity claims) involved in this market.

You have couple options, you can try and do this yourself, if call CIGA and they will send someone out to have a look, obviously I don't have any experience with route but if you google CIGA you can see people's reviews. They will act even if the installer has gone into liquidation.

Or you could get a 'no win, no fee' solicitor (not all solicitors will take a case where the installer has gone into liquidation) to act on your behalf, at first you will need to provide proof of the damp i.e as many pictures as possible to make an 'educated guess', along with documents to prove you own the property. They will then asses the case and if they believe it has high prospects, they will send out a qualified independent surveyor who will asses the damage and make a report, once you have approved the survey the solicitors will send a copy to the installer and go from there.
    To run these cases a funding arrangement in place. This is the funding via Pure/Novitas and will be in your name leaving a soft trace on your credit report. This enables the solicitor to pay for the fees accrued such as a Survey Report, Court Issue fees and so forth. This loan will be repaid by the solicitors to Pure/Novitas should they win the case. If they lose the case they will also cover the costs.
    However due to the high demand the funder has changed their criteria, the CIGA needs to be dated from 01/03/2010.

Whatever you choice to do, please don't pay money up-front, it can be done on a 'No win, no fee' basis.

Good Luck
    • Furts
    • By Furts 12th Mar 18, 12:31 PM
    • 4,292 Posts
    • 2,785 Thanks
    Furts
    I work for a company(real cavity claims) involved in this market.

You have couple options, you can try and do this yourself, if call CIGA and they will send someone out to have a look, obviously I don't have any experience with route but if you google CIGA you can see people's reviews. They will act even if the installer has gone into liquidation.

Or you could get a 'no win, no fee' solicitor (not all solicitors will take a case where the installer has gone into liquidation) to act on your behalf, at first you will need to provide proof of the damp i.e as many pictures as possible to make an 'educated guess', along with documents to prove you own the property. They will then asses the case and if they believe it has high prospects, they will send out a qualified independent surveyor who will asses the damage and make a report, once you have approved the survey the solicitors will send a copy to the installer and go from there.
    To run these cases a funding arrangement in place. This is the funding via Pure/Novitas and will be in your name leaving a soft trace on your credit report. This enables the solicitor to pay for the fees accrued such as a Survey Report, Court Issue fees and so forth. This loan will be repaid by the solicitors to Pure/Novitas should they win the case. If they lose the case they will also cover the costs.
    However due to the high demand the funder has changed their criteria, the CIGA needs to be dated from 01/03/2010.

Whatever you choice to do, please don't pay money up-front, it can be done on a 'No win, no fee' basis.

Good Luck
    Originally posted by Victoria Walton
    This post was removed last week because it was deemed Spam. But Spamsters do not give in easily - they need publicity and leads in order to make profits. So here it is again!

To an extent I can understand and all the more so if it was genuine all round experience going into the ethos of the Spam.

However when one considers the words that I have highlighted, it is clear the poster is saying "I am clueless on what happens when consumers make ordinary, every day, claims to CIGA".

In addition, the no win no fee sharks expect 110% effort from consumers in order to minimise solicitor input and maximise profits. So copious photos and details have to be produced by the consumer to assist in this profit making. Been there, seen it, know the routine!

Of course, the consumer could go for the easy option, avoid all the photos, avoid all the hassle and just email CIGA a simple complaint comprising one or two sentences. Simple, but too simple for the legal sharks because they will not be making money out of this.

This is a sad sign of our times, with greedy no win no fee sharks dangling a carrot called "compo" in front of gullible people.
    • Victoria Walton
    • By Victoria Walton 12th Mar 18, 12:54 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Victoria Walton
    Oh sorry, I wasn't told it reported as spam, I won't comment anymore.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

258Posts Today

3,346Users online

Martin's Twitter