Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 13th Feb 18, 9:37 PM
    • 875Posts
    • 206Thanks
    tazwhoever
    Freedom pass
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:37 PM
    Freedom pass 13th Feb 18 at 9:37 PM
    What are the statutory disabilities on the list (Transport Act 2000) for a Freedom Pass?

Thanks
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 13th Feb 18, 10:40 PM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 2,072 Thanks
    venison
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:40 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:40 PM
    I take it thats the London free pass? If so AFAIK all transport authorities are different except when it comes to senior citizens passes.
    I am a BG on loans,credit cards and benefits I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly". Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • _shel
    • By _shel 14th Feb 18, 6:03 AM
    • 1,188 Posts
    • 1,979 Thanks
    _shel
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:03 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:03 AM
    What are the statutory disabilities on the list (Transport Act 2000) for a Freedom Pass?

Thanks
    Originally posted by tazwhoever
    Google

There is no list of disabilities as such

You will be able to get a bus pass if:

you are re blind or partially sighted, deaf or unable to speak
    you can not walk very far because of a disability, illness or injury
    you do not have arms or can not use your arms
    you have a severe learning disability
    you have been refused a driving licence because of your health (but not because of problems with drugs or alcohol)

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/help-for-disabled-travellers1/help-with-transport-costs/help-with-the-cost-of-transport-if-youre-disabled/
    Last edited by _shel; 14-02-2018 at 6:28 AM.
    Thanks to everyone who posts competitions
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

297Posts Today

3,574Users online

Martin's Twitter