Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wilson1973
    • By wilson1973 13th Feb 18, 4:28 PM
    • 287Posts
    • 24Thanks
    wilson1973
    0 WOW
    Socks for a teenager
    • 13th Feb 18, 4:28 PM
    0 WOW
    Socks for a teenager 13th Feb 18 at 4:28 PM
    Can anyone tell me from their own experience where the best place to buy school socks for a 15 year old boy in dark colours that are decent quality but a reasonable price,I had been buying them on offer from the mountain warehouse but the school now wants only black or grey so that source is no good now,he would like them to be quite thick,he is a size 9,I'm on a budget as I'm a carer and I have my son half of the time,so if I can find a place that sells at a good price I can buy a hoard of them,many thanks
    I'm a non driver from a small town,so online shopping will have to be the thing
    Last edited by wilson1973; 13-02-2018 at 4:54 PM.
Page 1
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 13th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    • 7,703 Posts
    • 22,296 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    • 13th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    I would suggest Go Outdoors, but I think the colour is going to be a limiting factor.

I've been chivvying the last son still in school uniform to stay in thin ASDA school socks until he hits sixth form & the sartorial bets are off. Those I buy by the multipack handful & if he's cold, he wears two pairs.

The usual caveat about them changing colour to multiple unmatchable shades of grey with machine washing holds!
    • wilson1973
    • By wilson1973 13th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 287 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    wilson1973
    • 13th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    I would suggest Go Outdoors, but I think the colour is going to be a limiting factor.

I've been chivvying the last son still in school uniform to stay in thin ASDA school socks until he hits sixth form & the sartorial bets are off. Those I buy by the multipack handful & if he's cold, he wears two pairs.

The usual caveat about them changing colour to multiple unmatchable shades of grey with machine washing holds!
    Originally posted by DigForVictory
    Thanks it's awkward keeping a boy happy,the multi packs were a pain as all of the colours aren't suitable,I wish they did 7 thick pairs at a good price,half of them end up being lost at his mums anyway
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 14th Feb 18, 4:50 AM
    • 13,083 Posts
    • 41,323 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:50 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:50 AM
    Amazon is your friend, you didnt mention colour but grey, black and white here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sport-Thick-Premium-Raftaar®-Cotton/dp/B01N9FR68D/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1518583763&sr=8-4&keywords=thick+grey+socks&dpID=41BR3Gvw%252BOL&p reST=_SY445_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 15th Feb 18, 8:19 PM
    • 7,710 Posts
    • 16,834 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    • 15th Feb 18, 8:19 PM
    • 15th Feb 18, 8:19 PM
    I buy from Sports Direct for my teenager. They're cheap, but last well enough, and they wash ok. I usually buy black, but he does have a few pairs of grey.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 28th Feb 18, 3:14 PM
    • 18,602 Posts
    • 12,749 Thanks
    molerat
    • 28th Feb 18, 3:14 PM
    • 28th Feb 18, 3:14 PM
    Sports Direct and Primark multi packs.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,732Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin