Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • coach1man
    • By coach1man 13th Feb 18, 2:13 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 1Thanks
    coach1man
    Pru company pension
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:13 PM
    Pru company pension 13th Feb 18 at 2:13 PM
    Hi. In the early 90's, I had a job with the Prudential. Due to reorganisation, my job only lasted for some two years but during that time, I was a member of the company pension scheme.
    I have now reached 65, claimed my state pension and am just wondering how to make enquiries into how to claim the vast wealth that those two years will have amounted to.
    There are no Prudential offices anymore to pop into and ask so I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who knows how I can claim whatever there is to claim.
    Regards,
    David
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 13th Feb 18, 2:24 PM
    • 92,204 Posts
    • 59,363 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:24 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:24 PM
    You contact prudential's HR. Do not contact their retail side as that doesn't apply to you.
    https://www.prudentialstaffps.co.uk/select/
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • DaveMcG
    • By DaveMcG 13th Feb 18, 9:22 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    DaveMcG
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:22 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:22 PM
    The scheme retirement date is 60, so you should have heard from them if you had retained benefits and were entitled to a pension.

You should have been given a statement when you left, detailing your benefits. One problem might be that, if you didn't complete two years pensionable service (perhaps due to a period on contract or probation), you wouldn't have preserved any benefits with the scheme. You would have been entitled to a return of contributions but as the scheme was non-contributory that would mean no return.
    • coach1man
    • By coach1man 15th Feb 18, 11:43 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    coach1man
    • 15th Feb 18, 11:43 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 11:43 AM
    dunstonh and DavMcG, thank you very much for your helpfull replies.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 15th Feb 18, 3:00 PM
    • 25,187 Posts
    • 14,834 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 15th Feb 18, 3:00 PM
    • 15th Feb 18, 3:00 PM
    The scheme retirement date is 60, so you should have heard from them if you had retained benefits and were entitled to a pension.
    He may not have done - in one scheme I know, the leavers were simply told scheme pension age and to contact the Administrator shortly before reaching it.
    • BuzzLightyear
    • By BuzzLightyear 16th Feb 18, 2:33 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BuzzLightyear
    • 16th Feb 18, 2:33 PM
    • 16th Feb 18, 2:33 PM
    If you want the current help desk number....
    Pru scheme admin has recently been moved to PSAL. The number is;
    01245 673515
    or email at :
    pspsdb@puntersouthall.com

Ive just been speaking to them about transfer values to a SIPP.
    The website does not currently support login to manage your pension if not currently active so the phone is about your only option.

On a side note, having received my CETV, it seems that the ship has sailed now on high transfer values from gold plated pensions. Not that im surprised. Should have done it a year ago maybe!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,769Posts Today

8,800Users online

Martin's Twitter