Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stinazap
    • By stinazap 13th Feb 18, 12:54 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    stinazap
    Balance transfer from one name to another
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:54 PM
    Balance transfer from one name to another 13th Feb 18 at 12:54 PM
    Hi all, hope I'm posting in the right place!
    Basically, I have a Barclay card with a balance of 1700 and I'm paying just above the minimum each month and obviously getting knowwhere fast! Unfortunately due to a ccj being issued to me 2 years ago I now don't qualify for a 0% balance transfer card. My lovely mum has offered to apply for a credit card with ideally a 32 month 0% balance transfer rate and to take my debt in her name which I will then pay off ( easily ) I know it can be done but can it be done with any bank/credit card?

Hope that makes sense!!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Feb 18, 1:22 PM
    • 17,265 Posts
    • 18,365 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:22 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:22 PM
    It can't be done with bank cards. It can be done with most credit cards.
    • Vortigern
    • By Vortigern 13th Feb 18, 3:40 PM
    • 2,457 Posts
    • 1,655 Thanks
    Vortigern
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:40 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:40 PM
    I don't think you can BT from Barclaycard to Barclaycard, so mum should avoid Barclaycard.

Tesco don't allow BT from one person to another.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

7,835Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin