Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • roy73
    • By roy73 13th Feb 18, 11:45 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 3Thanks
    roy73
    Property Crowdfunding
    • 13th Feb 18, 11:45 AM
    Property Crowdfunding 13th Feb 18 at 11:45 AM
    Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I wanted to ask if anyone had used any property crowdfunding sites. There's a few out there.

Have you had any good or bad experiences with any of the companies out there.

Currently my shortlist of companies I'm looking at:

- Property Partner
    - UOWN
    - Property Moose
    - House crowd

Best,

Roy
Page 2
    • anandp
    • By anandp 28th Feb 18, 1:44 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    anandp

How much would you generally invest per property and generally what sort of yield are you getting?
    Originally posted by takesyourchances
    My investments per property vary hugely. I reinvest all the rental income received each month, and put a regular amount in too. Yield average is probably about 4% (lowest is 2.09%, highest s 7%+), though this is taking into account void provisions and does not include valuation gains so is on the conservative side.
    Interested in property investment, web tech, social media, forex, equities. Also a proud father & entrepreneur of sorts.
    • takesyourchances
    • By takesyourchances 28th Feb 18, 5:41 PM
    • 620 Posts
    • 391 Thanks
    takesyourchances
    My investments per property vary hugely. I reinvest all the rental income received each month, and put a regular amount in too. Yield average is probably about 4% (lowest is 2.09%, highest s 7%+), though this is taking into account void provisions and does not include valuation gains so is on the conservative side.
    Originally posted by anandp
    Thanks for the update on your holdings, I have just the 2 property invested in so far at 250 each and was interested to hear your experiences.

There is a bit of a mess going on with Collateral P2P so I have money in this, who knows of the outcome at the moment and going to think out some investment direction and if I cash out of some other loan P2P I might put some more into PP for the equity property shares. Will think out a direction with all of this. Thanks for your input will follow any updates with interest.
    • roy73
    • By roy73 15th May 18, 11:32 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    roy73
    Hi guys,

An update on my investment progress so far.

I had invested in 3 property crowdfunding platforms, and I have to say that with varying levels of success I have come to a conclusion on which platform I will be investing more into in the future- UOWN.

Its been interesting and I have to say from the outset they all perform in a similar manner for the most part you can invest easily and watch your savings grow better than if you put them in most other places. I am sure that there are other places you can put your money, cryptos or the p2p loans come to mind, that might get you a better return, but for me I prefer investing in something more tangible and importantly understandable. Property is easy.

Anyway onto the results, my list of 3 platforms in ranking order.

1st UOWN
    2nd Property Partner
    3rd Property Moose

UOWN

This platform has provided me with the best return so far and is the simplest and easiest to use. I like their streamlined approach and the manner in which they keep me up to date. Furthermore they have a sound investment strategy investing in HMO student property. I like their easy exit property as well where they guarantee your exit from the property within 3 days addressing liquidity concerns.

Fees are low, and money is paid out monthly. I got in touch with the team there and I was impressed with their customer service. Good service and good returns.

Property Partner

A close second, has a bigger selection of properties and they are more established. However the returns for me haven't been as good as UOWN, but they are not far off.

A really easy to use site that works well and gets the job done. I had a few issues getting money in initially but managed to sort it out eventually.

I think that the investment strategy is by and large on the money (pun intended) but there are some properties that I personally had some questions over. It seemed to me on some properties they were pushing inflated prices and guaranteeing a rental return of 5% for 2 years, however as an investor I wonder what happens after 2 years will the property be able to generate a 5% return? based on my research its unlikely in some cases.

In many ways despite Property Partner being better than most other platforms I feel that their size has meant the quality of investments has diluted and their customer service is clearly aimed at only BIG investors.

Property moose

This platform is third and really some way off the other 2. I won't go into a lot of detail here but there a lot of concerns that people have voiced regarding it on other forums. Their property selection is dire, their platform doesn't work how I want most of the time and their fees for providing this poor service are some of the highest in the industry.

Hope you guys find this useful. I am looking to carry on with investing in UOWN and will update this thread with any progress I have.

Best,

Roy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

196Posts Today

1,969Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin