Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Avnika
    • By Avnika 12th Feb 18, 11:33 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Avnika
    TNC Parking Services
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:33 PM
    TNC Parking Services 12th Feb 18 at 11:33 PM
    Hey I could use a bit of advice please,
    I received a parking notice on 22/11 for parking on private land. My friend told me that I didn't need to pay this because this is a private company (P4 Parking) they are highly unlikely to chase me up on it. Also there were no clear signs that I needed a permit to be able to park. I ignored the first noticed but received a letter from TNC parking services saying that they have 'obtained my details through DVLA' and that I need to pay 100 within 28 days to avoid additional fees being added. I've tried paying online but their website doesn't work and I've called up too however I'm not getting any replies. I don't know whether I should just ignore the letter as I've seen some people say on other forums or try calling up again and paying?
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Feb 18, 11:36 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 71,037 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:36 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:36 PM
    Missed the NEWBIES READ THESE FAQS FIRST thread, top of the forum? Please read it.

Of course you don't PAY. You appeal, in the forum style, online, to this NTK. Don't ask what a NTK is...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Feb 18, 11:39 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:39 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:39 PM
    search this forum for the well know company TNC

regarded well by the DVLA and the BPA (not)

TNC are a debt collector , so read the newbies thread and act accordingly on debt collectors

this is the BMPAs view on them https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203667411-TNC-Collections

NOTE:
    in at least one case they have applied for a default CCJ , dont worry unless you are moving house soon

newbies thread READ FIRST before acting http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

when you have read it , return with any more questions
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Feb 18, 11:40 PM
    • 7,188 Posts
    • 6,671 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:40 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:40 PM
    My friend told me that I didn't need to pay this...
    Originally posted by Avnika
    Perhaps your friend meant that he would pay?

Just kidding of course, but surely your friend has some responsibility for feeding you duff information?
    • Avnika
    • By Avnika 12th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Avnika
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    You're right. He told me he's apparently had 10+ letters and notices and ignored them and nothings happened
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Feb 18, 11:44 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 71,037 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:44 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:44 PM
    received a letter from TNC parking services saying that they have 'obtained my details through DVLA'
    That's a NTK not a debt collector letter. This is at keeper appeal stage, very easy.

You're right. He told me he's apparently had 10+ letters and notices and ignored them and nothings happened,
    Originally posted by Avnika
    YET YET YET. He hasn't a clue has he? These firms sue people every week! Tell him to look out for the Gladstones letter and claim(s), then to come here and learn what to do, when it gets to court claim.

Luckily, we know what we are doing and you are at keeper appeal stage. An EASY stage!

Don't ask what to send. Already told you where to find the appeal for the registered keeper to send.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 12-02-2018 at 11:47 PM.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Feb 18, 11:49 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:49 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:49 PM
    That's a NTK not a debt collector letter. This is at keeper appeal stage, very easy.

YET YET YET. He hasn't a clue has he? These firms sue people every week! Tell him to look out for the Gladstones letter and the court claim(s), then to come here and learn what to do.

Luckily, we know what we are doing and you are at keeper appeal stage.

Don't ask what to send. Already told you where to find the appeal for the registered keeper to send.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

or not , it exceeds the time allowed by a PARKING co to issue

its a debt collection letter

OP , DO NOT pay this

OP DO NOT ring them

OP READ NEWBIES THREAD

NOW

TNC are no longer a BPA AOS member , forget BPA website , I KNOW ,
    Last edited by pappa golf; 12-02-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Feb 18, 11:50 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 71,037 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:50 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:50 PM
    No, pappa golf it's a non POFA NTK from TNC; late is good.

Appeal time for the keeper. An easy stage, not to be ignored.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Feb 18, 11:53 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:53 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:53 PM
    TNC are no longer a BPA AOS member , forget BPA website , I KNOW

via email from a friend of yours about a week ago
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,336Posts Today

7,567Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin