The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

£50k to zero - made it across the finish line

Comments

• A chocolate fudge cake the size of my head is small, yes? :rotfl:

Hmm, I think I actually have enough ingredients in the cupboard. Chocolate frenzy will occur post-baking :)
    DEBT-FREE 27/08/21
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Glad you're sounding positive. Explore all your options and make sure you know your rights.

And, go on, have the cake.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • A chocolate fudge cake the size of my head is small, yes? :rotfl:

Hmm, I think I actually have enough ingredients in the cupboard. Chocolate frenzy will occur post-baking :)

......... I like your thinking although your sizing seems a bit off... small is at least 14 Inches :D :rotfl:
  • After consulting the cupboard and fridge we made a chocolate sponge with creme fraiche and strawberry jam - not quite what was planned but very nice with a bucket of tea :)

Sourdough starter day 4 update is good - lots of bubbling going on. On target for baking my first loaf at the weekend.

Currently less than £95 away from breaking the 30k CC barrier! I have three weeks to make it happen.
    DEBT-FREE 27/08/21
  • Cake sounds delicious :)
    Be interested to hear how you get on with the bread, I am sure the house will smell fab when it is baking.
    As for breaking the 30K barrier you are soooo
    Close :j TC
  • One-step-at-a-time
    One-step-at-a-time Posts: 601
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 28 July 2022 at 12:22PM
    Good morning!

Strawberryfield - I hope your hubby s restructuring works out in a way that is beneficial to him. These things are rotten! Half of my department has gone to a meeting with senior management this morning, our turn (different site) is on Tuesday. This consultation period is not going to get wasted!

I made a phone call this morning which has got me one step closer to debt-related peace of mind. There is now a payment plan in place for the additional debt. I managed to save enough to pay £1500 upfront, and the balance including 3% interest is £516.09 per month for 12 months. I could possibly have got it spread over 15-18 months, but honestly at this point I prefer to just tighten my belt more to get shot of it, and the shorter period means not having to argue out income and expenditure. I should get a letter within the next week to sign it off and then I can just get on with things.
    We had already got £500 worked into the budget, and the extra £16.09 can come out of the grocery budget (where the most wiggle room is) until my interest free credit payments end in July and I have another £72 per month available to reallocate.

£10 more has been thrown at the Halifax card - now £85 to target!
    DEBT-FREE 27/08/21
  • Peace and quiet and time to plan for the next few days :)

I decided to postpone my craft stall date to next month - as well as the awful weather forecast this weekend I have been trying to fight off a cold this week, and this morning it has headed chestwards. I really don t fancy my chances of staying upright for the whole day! There is no cancellation fee and we have rescheduled dates pencilled in. In the meantime I will list some of the stuff to sell online as I have plenty of time to make more things now, and would rather try to keep up the money-raising momentum.

My to-do list now consists of:
    - Blasting away the lurgy with lots of chilli and garlic
    - Photographing my stock to put online
    - Contacting the three friends who said they would come and see me at the market to make sure they don't have a wasted trip
    - Checking domain name renewal dates and cancelling auto-renew on the ones I want to phase out
    - Update photography website
    - More ebay listings and revise prices on all the unsold stuff
    - Negotiate furniture rearrangement with hubby (I want to move his hardly-ever-used rowing machine to the spare room and put the computer desk from the spare room back downstairs where it has a view of the garden)

That s as ambitious as I want to be right now!
    DEBT-FREE 27/08/21
  • Hello One-Step, Hope you feel better soon, pesky colds, son started with one too, roll on the better weather when all these bugs can go somewhere else! Hot water bottle and warm (full sugar :)) Ribena is always good when feeling pants.
    Glad you have got your payment plan sorted for the extra lump, at least you have a figure to work to now and hopefully that 12 months will go quiokly and then the extra lump can be gone.
    Sounds sensible re the fair, best do when better and with extra stock.
    Hope Tuesday is not too bad and they don’t annoy you anymore than they already have.
    Thanks re hubby, was supposed to be a day off today but have been busy doing odd things for other people in amongst a shop.
    £85 left to your first target is good going :T
    TC :)
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,938
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Wow you have been going through it! But you sound so upbeat about it all, and your chocolate cake sounded lush. Quite jealous!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • One-step-at-a-time
    One-step-at-a-time Posts: 601
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 10 March 2018 at 2:55PM
    Hello Drawingaline!

I have a much better time of it when I can focus on the positives; there have been some pretty major wobbles with anxiety over the last few months thanks to a few setbacks in quick succession, but I am getting it together now - enough to be able to cope with the work situation, hopefully!

Today the cold is in full dramatic leaky flow, so postponing the craft stall feels like it was a good move. No plans to attempt to leave the house today, so no danger of spending money, and photographing things to sell is about one more coffee away. If I get a move on I can do a Mothers' Day flash sale and hopefully get a few bites :)

Now £73.28 to go to sub-£30k cc target
    DEBT-FREE 27/08/21
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport