Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • marlasinger
    • By marlasinger 12th Feb 18, 7:57 PM
    • 465Posts
    • 373Thanks
    Agreement or arrangement about drains, pipes/wires
    • #1
    • 12th Feb 18, 7:57 PM
    Agreement or arrangement about drains, pipes/wires 12th Feb 18 at 7:57 PM
    We have just received the Property Information Form about the house we are buying.

    The seller has ticked 'Yes' to the question of whether there is any agreement or arrangement about drains, pipes or wires, and have referred to a section in the Title Deeds.

    The section says: "All necessary rights of support eavesdropping and surface drainage from over and through the said adjoining or neighbouring parts of the said Estate for full and effectual enjoyment of the property hereby transferred."

    Can anyone please translate this? Does this mean surface water from our property has the right to run over neighbouring properties and the rest of the estate? And what on earth is 'support eavesdropping'?

Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 12th Feb 18, 8:09 PM
    • 7,843 Posts
    • 8,028 Thanks
    • #2
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:09 PM
    • #2
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:09 PM
    It's all fine.

    Makes slightly more sense if you insert a comma after "support".

    Eavesdrop is the right to have your eaves overhang the neighbouring property.

    You're paying your solicitor to translate everything for you!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,620Posts Today

4,514Users online

Martin's Twitter