Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PoppyTaylor
    • By PoppyTaylor 12th Feb 18, 7:44 PM
    • 55Posts
    • 29Thanks
    PoppyTaylor
    Has anyone used an eye cream that actually works?
    • 12th Feb 18, 7:44 PM
    Has anyone used an eye cream that actually works? 12th Feb 18 at 7:44 PM
    Just as the title says really... I'm looking for an eye cream that actually shows any results, from anti-wrinkle, to de-puffing to brightening.

If you have used a product that you think was worth the purchase, I'd very much like to hear your suggestions!

Thank you in advance
Page 1
    • asajj
    • By asajj 12th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 4,257 Posts
    • 11,109 Thanks
    asajj
    • 12th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    I think it is hard to have all benefits in one product. No product will erase dark circles. What is bothering you most? You might also benefit from some lifestyle changes i.e. drinking more water. I use No7 Youthful Eye Serum and it works for me. Very few fine lines, mid 30s with combination skin. Occasional puffiness and no dark circles.
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • PoppyTaylor
    • By PoppyTaylor 12th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    PoppyTaylor
    • 12th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    Thank you for your reply asajj. I'm not actually looking for all of those benefits in one product, if that were available it'd be a miracle cream and I'd definitely be buying it!!
    Personally, I am looking for eye cream as a preventative measure for fine lines but two of my friends are also looking for an eye cream. One has developed quite deep lines around her eyes in the last couple of years and the other suffers with very puffy eyes which last through the day. She has had a lot of things recommended such as, drinking more water, eating less salt and sleeping with her head slightly elevated but no difference so far!

I'll recommend the No7 Serum and give it a go, thank you!
    • donnac2558
    • By donnac2558 13th Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    • 2,465 Posts
    • 2,073 Thanks
    donnac2558
    • 13th Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    Once you get wrinkles no cream will remove them. You can perhaps by using an eye cream make them less noticeable. Some say using an eye cream with an SPF will help as the biggest cause of wrinkles is the sun.

As we get older we will get darkness around the eyes, if you have problems with your sinus nothing will make it go away. Concealer can make them less noticeable. You are the only one who is worrying about this, no one is pointing at you and talking about this.

There is an eye lift which can help with puffiness and eye bags. Again as you get older they happen. You can get up in the morning and put an ice cube wrapped in a tissue held against the eyes for a short period. Or keep tap water in a small bottle in the fridge and using cotton pads put on the eyes in the morning.

As you said if there was a miracle cream we would all be using and every other product would not exist.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 13th Feb 18, 10:22 AM
    • 2,576 Posts
    • 6,901 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:22 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:22 AM
    Honestly, I don't think any of them actually 'work' in any way that would stand up to scrutiny.

Skin gets older, that's ok. A bit of moisturiser might make it feel softer for a bit, but that's all really.
    • BucksLady
    • By BucksLady 13th Feb 18, 10:45 AM
    • 428 Posts
    • 1,303 Thanks
    BucksLady
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:45 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:45 AM
    My grandmother always had the most beautiful complexion - flawless and very few lines - even as someone in her eighties. I once asked her for her secrets . She said to drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruit/veg, but most importantly, to sleep on a silk pillowcase . I will report back in 50 years time to say whether she was right lol
    • PoppyTaylor
    • By PoppyTaylor 13th Feb 18, 10:07 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    PoppyTaylor
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:07 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:07 PM
    Thank you donnac2558, I will suggest the ice cubes/cold water to my friend, maybe she's tried it before but hopefully it will help her! I think I'll carry on using my SPF and maybe purchase a lighter product for around my eyes but luckily I'm not at a stage yet where I have to think about reducing wrinkles, just preventing their severity, if I can!
    • PoppyTaylor
    • By PoppyTaylor 13th Feb 18, 10:12 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    PoppyTaylor
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:12 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:12 PM
    Thank you for your reply Red-Squirrel. The more research I do, the more I realise that none of these products seem to make a significant difference! I'll just continue to let my friend know that wrinkles are natural and no cream will magically remove them!
    • PoppyTaylor
    • By PoppyTaylor 13th Feb 18, 10:14 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    PoppyTaylor
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:14 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:14 PM
    Thank you BucksLady! My friend swears by sleeping on a silk pillowcase as a way to prevent split ends and keep her hair in great condition... maybe I should start using one if it provides so many benefits!
    • tangelacarrol
    • By tangelacarrol 14th Feb 18, 12:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tangelacarrol
    Great ideas discussed over here. But I believe, the more chemicals you use, the more your face looks dull. Only natural remedies work.
    • Kim kim
    • By Kim kim 16th Feb 18, 6:24 AM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 3,284 Thanks
    Kim kim
    Origins ginzing eye cream is susposed to be good.
    I!!!8217;ve just bought The Ordinary caffeine - which gets great reviews.
    • GwylimT
    • By GwylimT 16th Feb 18, 6:40 AM
    • 6,105 Posts
    • 11,484 Thanks
    GwylimT
    Great ideas discussed over here. But I believe, the more chemicals you use, the more your face looks dull. Only natural remedies work.
    Originally posted by tangelacarrol
    Unless something is a shadow or a dream it is a chemical. You'll find parafin based products are usually best at providing moisturisation to prevent dull skin.
    • PoppyTaylor
    • By PoppyTaylor 16th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    PoppyTaylor
    Thank you Kim kim. A friend of mine recommended The Ordinary too, lots of people rave about it! I think I'll have to give their products a go!
    • serena9
    • By serena9 19th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    serena9
    What really works is botox and fillers administered by an experienced and qualified practitioner.
    • Starrystarrynight1
    • By Starrystarrynight1 19th Feb 18, 3:50 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    Starrystarrynight1
    I've never found an eye product that made me happy sadly. I guess I'd most like to cover the dark circles, as I think they make my eyes look sunken.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I used to be Starrystarrynight on MSE, before a log in technical glitch!
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 19th Feb 18, 4:11 PM
    • 29,125 Posts
    • 74,435 Thanks
    Mojisola
    Don't professional make-up artists use Preparation H to reduce eye bags and wrinkles?
    • Kim kim
    • By Kim kim 19th Feb 18, 7:22 PM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 3,284 Thanks
    Kim kim
    Don't professional make-up artists use Preparation H to reduce eye bags and wrinkles?
    Originally posted by Mojisola
    They use it to tighten baggy eyes under make up.
    Itís no good for lines or dark circles.
    Itís probably not great for long term use either....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

297Posts Today

3,574Users online

Martin's Twitter