Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    • 18,147Posts
    • 22,954Thanks
    Redx
    ECP planning issues ? (Morrissons)
    • 12th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    ECP planning issues ? (Morrissons) 12th Feb 18 at 7:25 PM
    ECP have put signs up at my local Morrissons recently, and the facebook group and local constituents have put in complaints with the council because when the car park was built they wanted to build a petrol station on the rest of the council (public) free car park and so something like 40 spaces were agreed for non-store vehicles (its NEVER full anyway)

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=denton%20morrisons%20parking

as usual this hasnt stopped Morrissons forgetting their obligations to people parking at the local centre where previously the council car park operated

another separate part of this old car park has EXCEL (or VCS) operating so is also an issue with the council digging up the old car park for building on and access roads as well as this petrol station

so my local Mp has been inundated with complaints and you can see his response here

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/denton+morrisons+andrew+gwynne/keywords_search

he was also involved in the debate some 2.5 years ago when the NHS issues were being debated as opposition health spokesman and is a local lad so clearly was there when that store was opened

I was surprised it wasnt PE, but ECP seem to be implementing this although its now on hold pending this parking issue being sorted out (so it seems)

as for that other piece of land with EXCEL (VCS) , we have had a few come on here with parking charge invoices in the last 12 months , although its about private off-road access roads and store parking etc, not actual car parks like this Morrissons store

and no I have no idea if they have planning permission for the cameras or advertising consent for the signage, lol
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,135 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    Glad to see you have an MP with a long memory and local knowledge fighting this, Redx.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• logician
    • By logician 13th Feb 18, 1:03 AM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:03 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:03 AM
    and no I have no idea if they have planning permission for the cameras or advertising consent for the signage, lol
    Originally posted by Redx
    So have you checked out planning applications at the council?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin