Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 12th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    • 50Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Yanling
    Cavendish does Not offer dwawdown
    • 12th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    Cavendish does Not offer dwawdown 12th Feb 18 at 7:14 PM
    Hi folks, I feel like I can not get much income with annuity in 12 yrs investment. Maybe a drawdown regular income and keep the rest of the pension pot investing is a better option for me?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Yanling; 12-02-2018 at 9:24 PM.
Page 1
    • ProDave
    • By ProDave 12th Feb 18, 7:56 PM
    • 845 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    ProDave
    • 12th Feb 18, 7:56 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 7:56 PM
    Same boat as me, Transfer it to a different provider who will offer drawdown.
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 12th Feb 18, 8:17 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Yanling
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:17 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:17 PM
    Hi Prodave, have you transferred it out? Does Cavendish charge you anything for transferring?
    • ProDave
    • By ProDave 12th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 845 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    ProDave
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    Mine ended up with Aviva (started out with Friends Life) and there was no charge to transfer it out.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Feb 18, 8:22 PM
    • 92,584 Posts
    • 59,896 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:22 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:22 PM
    Cavendish does Not offer dwawdown
    Drawdown has been available well over a decade and is available on FNW (the platform that Cavendish white label). They keep saying it is coming but how long?

Its not a great platform. Quite clunky and old fashioned and lacks a lot of functionality of modern platforms. So, look elsewhere.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 12th Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Yanling
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    Hi, the problem is that I donít know investment and I can not manage the portfolio myself. I need a managed fund or portfolio with a reasonable cheap charges. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 12th Feb 18, 10:05 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 12th Feb 18, 10:05 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 10:05 PM
    Cavendish should be fine as a low cost platform for your accumulation phase for the next 12 years. When you get into the drawdown phase you should reassess the market which will have probably changed by then anyway.
    • kidmugsy
    • By kidmugsy 13th Feb 18, 12:14 AM
    • 10,523 Posts
    • 7,209 Thanks
    kidmugsy
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:14 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:14 AM
    Hi, the problem is that I donít know investment and I can not manage the portfolio myself. I need a managed fund or portfolio with a reasonable cheap charges. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot
    Originally posted by Yanling
    Apparently Vanguard are planning to offer a pension. You might keep an eye out for it.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 13th Feb 18, 10:14 AM
    • 58,454 Posts
    • 51,834 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:14 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:14 AM
    I feel like I can not get much income with annuity in 12 yrs investment.
    No point in guessing what the future might hold in store. Better to wait until the appropriate time arrives.

People piled into buying endowment mortgages as the investment returns were higher. History has told a different story for many. Everything moves in cycles , and as a consequence investor fads follow. As if there's never been a better product invented than sliced bread.
    Last edited by Thrugelmir; 13-02-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 13th Feb 18, 4:20 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Yanling
    Apparently Vanguard are planning to offer a pension. You might keep an eye out for it.
    Originally posted by kidmugsy
    Maybe I could invest pension this financial year with Cavendish , and if Vanguard investor offers a pension later and if they are good, I could transfer from cavendich online to vanguard investor?
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 15th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Yanling
    Cavendish should be fine as a low cost platform for your accumulation phase for the next 12 years. When you get into the drawdown phase you should reassess the market which will have probably changed by then anyway.
    Originally posted by Alexland
    I may invest into VLS 60 Acc instead of hsbc , as if I would like to transfer it to vanguard investor when they run a sipp later, would it be easier for transferring?
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 15th Feb 18, 11:00 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    We don't even know the fees for the Vanguard SIPP yet but yes you could move a SIPP from Cavendish to Vanguard if you wanted in future.

If you did an in-specie fund transfer you would avoid time out of the market (so missing any gains or losses occuring at the time) however it is usually easier and quicker to transfer a pension as cash.

The key decision you need to make is the fund then decide the platform afterwards. Choosing the platform first then the fund to match is the wrong way around. The fund is what you are investing your money in and will be the primary driver of financial performance.

Alex
    Last edited by Alexland; 15-02-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 16th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Yanling
    We don't even know the fees for the Vanguard SIPP yet but yes you could move a SIPP from Cavendish to Vanguard if you wanted in future.

If you did an in-specie fund transfer you would avoid time out of the market (so missing any gains or losses occuring at the time) however it is usually easier and quicker to transfer a pension as cash.

The key decision you need to make is the fund then decide the platform afterwards. Choosing the platform first then the fund to match is the wrong way around. The fund is what you are investing your money in and will be the primary driver of financial performance.

Alex
    Hi, I just do not like there is no drawdown at cavendish.
    on cavandish the fund hsbc global strategy balanced portfolio C Acc , all the charges is 0.54% including buying and selling or any other fees? thanks
    • AlanP
    • By AlanP 16th Feb 18, 1:31 PM
    • 1,178 Posts
    • 850 Thanks
    AlanP
    Hi, I just do not like there is no drawdown at cavendish.
    on cavandish the fund hsbc global strategy balanced portfolio C Acc , all the charges is 0.54% including buying and selling or any other fees? thanks
    But you don't want to drawdown at the moment do you?

In 10 years time they might well be offering that capability.
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 16th Feb 18, 5:10 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Yanling
    At cavandish the fund hsbc global strategy balanced portfolio C Acc , all the charges is 0.54% including buying and selling or any other fees? Is it right? thanks
    Annual Management Charge (AMC)0.1%Total Expense Ratio (TER)0.19%Cavendish ongoing charge0.05%FundsNetwork Service Fee0.20%https://www.cavendishonline.co.uk/investments/fund-research/
    Last edited by Yanling; 17-02-2018 at 4:17 PM.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 16th Feb 18, 10:29 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    The TER includes the AMC see

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/first-time-investor/investing/investment-fund-charges-explained
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 17th Feb 18, 4:10 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Yanling
    [QUOTE=Alexland;73893993]The TER includes the AMC see
    https://www.moneywise.co.uk/first-time-investor/investing/investment-fund-charges-explained[/QUOTE]

Hi Alex,
    1) Do you mean the total charge for the hsbc portfolio is 0.19+0.25= 0.45?

https://www.cavendishonline.co.uk/investments/fund-research/
    I searched the above website and hsbc global strategy balanced portfolio and it comes out : Annual Management Charge (AMC)0.1%, Total Expense Ratio (TER)0.19%, Cavendish ongoing charge0.05%, FundsNetwork Service Fee0.20%

2) deos these charges include dealing ETFs, ITs and Shares?
    Many thanks
    Last edited by Yanling; 17-02-2018 at 4:22 PM.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 17th Feb 18, 7:44 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    Hi,

Cavendish do not charge for buying and selling normal funds such as HSBC GS and I assume you will not be directly buying any ETFs, ITs or Shares.

In recent months a new EU directive called MiFID II has been implemented to try and show the transaction costs of the fund manager trading the underlying holding but the data we have seen so far suggests it may not be comparable between fund managers yet.

So for now the cost is 0.25% Cavendish/Fidelity + 0.19% HSBC GS Balanced = 0.44%

Alex.
    • Yanling
    • By Yanling 18th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Yanling

Alex

Hi Alex, Cavendish has over 3000 funds available, Could I invest a few funds as well as hsbc fund? Which funds do you believe might be good? Thank you !
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 19th Feb 18, 10:08 AM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 7,680 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    The HSBC fund is diversified and aims at a certain level of risk. As soon as you start tweaking this by buying other funds then you are making work for yourself to keep the risk profile to something you are comfortable with. Your previous posts suggested that you didn't have the knowledge to do this or any great desire to learn (which is absolutely fine) so you were looking for an easy and hands off solution.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,212Posts Today

7,364Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin